1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would u do with $100million

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Feb 23, 2014.

1. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I would start my own construction company,buy a house and land,pay my dad for my truck,bulid a bog truck ,save up for transiton and save the rest for when I need it

2. NobleCrown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. Pay off EVERYTHING.
    2. Sell our outdated house at an actually reasonable price to someone who needs it.
    3. Find a reliable money-management company (because seriously, that's a LOT of money) and get help setting up trust funds for each of my kids so that they won't ever need to worry about affording college, and additional funds for my husband and myself to provide financial security for the rest of our lives. Including provisions for quality long term care.

Now for the fun stuff. :grin:

4. Travel. I'd take a year and just go tour the freaking world, everywhere I've always dreamed of going. Dive into local customs, eat the food, wear the clothes (or not!!), learn the dances, explore the country-side.

5. During that year, I'd pick one spot that I wanted to spend most of my time, and build a reasonably-sized home, on a LOT of land... I like elbow room. Minimal staff, but enough so I don't have to deal with laundry/dishes/etc, I suck at housework.

6. I'd get a horse or three, and hire permanent staff to care for them. (Dedicated funds w/ the management co. to make sure that's paid for as long as I care to keep horses.) I'd be involved, of course (I actually like grooming & so on), but I'm not an expert by any means, so, staff.

Mostly I'd want to set up my world so I can focus on raising my kids and pursuing music and theatre, with a healthy dose of outdoorsy stuff. :slight_smile:

3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We should all follow NobleCrown's wisdom of "Find a reliable money-management company" 'cos unless you're an accountant... you'll probably mess up big time!

How would I react? I'd honestly faint. Then I'd give my old folks 5 million. I wouldn't move too far. I'd buy some shotguns and Land Rovers. I'd live off the money, attend some part-time university courses, read loads of books and play loads of video games. A few short holidays would be okay. I might become more wary of other people! If I suspect other people know about my money... then I might have to move country and buy some heckler and koch guns with cash... and I haven't planned further than that xD

4. apostrophied

Pay off my parents' debt
    Fix up the house
    Pay vision/dental care for my family
    Pay back my aunt and uncle + generous interest
    Donate to charities I believe in
    Travel
    Buy a house
    Hire an accountant and a financial planner
    Find someone who needs help and pay whatever help they need to get back on their feet
    And so much more...

5. setnyx

i'd buy my dream vehicle ( a hippie van ) go on the road with it to california one way. stopping wherever i wanted, taking how ever long i wanted. when i got to california i would open a wiccan supply / bookstore with an apartment above it just for me. meanwhile get a reasonable car for my 18 yo son and open a bank account for him that limits his spending. bank most of the rest and live off the interest.

6. KWDBM

Woooah. I've answered these type of questions with like 100thousand, or 1million, but 100million?? Uh....

-- *does math* $75k would be enough to *never* worry about bills again, including emergency medical. So I'd put that away right off.
    -- MAKE mom get her teeth fixed 'cause she no longer has the money-excuse
    -- Donate to local charities, Humane Society, Red Cross, Crossroads Mission, and at *least* $40k donated to the non-profit that I work for.
    -- Buy a small cozy cabin with enough land for stables/horses.
    -- TRAVEL
    --- Croatia, for at least two weeks, preferably with a group of friends
    --- Slovakia, for at least two weeks (alone)

7. ZenMusic

Satisfy my materialism, buy a mansion in LA, my Pagani, set off my music career and the rest of it would go to LGBT rights organizations.

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Invest in getting an education
    Get regular degree + degree in economics
    Invest in long term stocks
    Pay off my immediate family and friend's debts
    Buy a modest house
    Invest in future kid's college funds
    Put 1/3 of what's left into a savings account
    Put 1/3 into regular account or some long term investment
    Donate 1/3 to charities

9. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    - pay off my student loans
    - transition
    - see the world
    - live relatively comfortably

10. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pay for all of my university in the future.
    Have a new house built for my mother where she'd like.
    Pay off my mother's debts.
    Set up a constant fund (with managers to invest money and take a little pay so it would be perpetual) to give to Médicins Sans Frontières.
    Go on a leisurely holiday (but not at ultra-luxurious hotels)
    Buy an apartment in Melbourne.

11. KazTastic

Totally relevant:
    [YOUTUBE]ZPy9VCovVME[/YOUTUBE]

That is my answer (though swap chicks for dudes)

#31 KazTastic, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  12. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I would pour it into the foundation for my vast hooker and booze fueled empire in the Cayman isles.

13. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

-Make sure that the people who have been there for me are always looked after and have whatever they want.
    -Buy Maine Road FC
    -Travel the world
    -Pay for my own education instead of letting my parents pay it for me.

14. AlamoCity

Donate a tenth to charity (or, better yet, set it in a trust to give funds to worthy charities, like the American Red Cross, over a lifetime based on the trust's performance).

Pay off any bills close relatives may have and set up educational trusts for my younger relatives.

Put the bulk of the amount into a well-diversified portfolio and try to live off of less than a percentage of the revenue, so that the principal actually increases over time.

Buy a large working farm and move there with my family and wake up to fresh bacon and eggs ever morning.

When I pass, leave a generous gift to my alma mater and maybe get a building or scholarship named after me.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would also retire and drop out of school with $100million

16. leer

nice house
    look after family
    set up my own company modernizing old houses sell them on or let them out
    few million would go to charity

17. Simple Thoughts

1.) Pay off all debts I owe ( which wouldn't even put a dent in 100mil lol )

2.) Get a modest Size home ( I'm thinking just a simple 2-story with a basement ) and a reasonable car ( something like the Focus )

3.) Help out family with debts and things so that they aren't in any bad financial place :slight_smile:

4.) Split remaining money in half, putting one half in savings for 'just in case' moments

5.) Build a company with the other half. ( dunno what kind yet ) Have all profits after everyone in the company has gotten their paychecks and their dues be funneled into various charities. Basically I'd attempt to build a self-reliant charity machine. Then there would be no worries about corporate greed because the business' profits would all go towards a good cause, or good causes ^.^

18. TheUglyBarnacle

50% for various charities and LGBTQ+ rights groups
    25% store them in several different banks
    25% pay off what my family owes, buy some stuff, invest in art supplies (maybe even setting up a studio) and lessons and travel the world

19. Fiddledeedee

I truly cannot comprehend having that kind of money. I know what I would do with, say, $50,000, but even one million is hard to think about.

20. Bolin

Pay off all my debts, move the fuck out of here (and probably out of state, too), get a decent car, give my mother like $10 million so she can stop bothering me, quit my job and finally attend university so I can become a professional musician and conductor, visit my friends that live in different states and countries.... and I don't know what I'd do with the rest. Save it?