1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewing unmoderated photos - Is this what I think it is?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by TJ, Feb 20, 2014.

1. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I was wondering if some of the photos I see thumbnails of here are photos that have yet to be approved by Moderators?
    Sometimes I can click a photo in this list and it says that it's an invalid link, but I will click the same photo later and it will be visible (when I think it has been approved).

Just wondering if this is a glitch, if the Admins are aware of it, or if this is another issue?

Thanks.

Edit: Here is an image of the screen I get when I try to click a photo I think is unmoderated.
    http://puu.sh/73pM6.png

#1 TJ, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. Nick07

That can also happen when a person delete their account without deleting the pictures first. I am not sure how exactly this is handled by the forum system, but it happened a lot at another board I was part of.

3. Ben

Ben

You're right, it means the pictures haven't approved it yet.
    If I remember correctly, we put the approval system into place quite a while ago to easily catch pictures which violated copyright. So it's not a huge deal if you can temporarily see them in thumbnails in one part of the site.

The reason profiles of banned people don't go to their old profile, but redirect to the "banned profile" page is to automatically hide their albums when they're gone. When profiles are actually deleted, I'm pretty sure the pictures vanish altogether.