1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When closeted, were you ever caught/questioned about your orientation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Geek, Feb 19, 2014.

?

Have you almost outed yourself or caught being gay?

1. I've always been "out"

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Yes I accidentally outed myself

9 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. someone highly thought you were gay.

66 vote(s)
    56.9%
  5. option 3*4

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. chivalrous

my sister always suspected highly, except she would ask me about my sexuality
    at the most stupidest time when my dad was around, who is quite right winged (how more stupid can you get, geez!)

2. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I don't think anyone ever seriously considered that I was anything other than straight. But they also probably never considered 'bisexual' as a possibility.

3. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't put I was caught but after reading these I remembered a time in my 1st year in college when my dad walked in on me and one of my friends hugging kinda intimately.
    I had friends over and we were all drinking and Bob and I were in the computer room alone playing music for everyone and we started hugging each other and my dad walked in and I looked up and saw him looking down and slowly walking out of the room lol
    The funny thing is my friend wasn't gay

4. Tic Code

One time at a county festival two years ago, my friends and i went to one of those squirt gun target games, and the guy running it was maybe a little older than me an really well-built and attractive and I was pretty much admiring how sculpted his arms were....except I mistakenly said so out loud. I got some really weird looks for the rest of the night and they kept making fun of me for it. I'm out to these friends now, but they still give me crap for it.

5. hereliesfreedom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No. But there was this one time my mother assumed I was gay. I was highly upset about it though because she thought since my best friend is gay I would be too.

6. Treasury

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Mom asked once or twice in a joking manner... I don't know if she suspects
    One friend, after I told him, said he always suspected.

But no one else suspected or asked, I think I'm doing a great job at hiding it.

7. Eskimoboy

Eskimoboy Guest

It actually happened a few days ago haha, I was at the mall with a few friends and one of them caught me looking at the other. He asked me about it and I brushed it off saying I was looking at his jeans (they were an expensive brand), and that I wanted a pair like them. If it would have been the other guy that caught me I probably would have come out XD

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only twice directly. The first was a guy I've known since the first grade through our school's "gifted/talented" program, so he was pretty bright and knew that I didn't have a good reason for not having a girlfriend.

The other time was a straight girl who was friends with a gay guy. I think he's the one who put the idea in her head as one time she was talking alone with me and asked if I knew about a certain "location-based gay dating app", which I denied. She apologized saying she thought ... I quickly cut her off, but all I could say was "I'm not...". I couldn't even spit out the word "gay" to deny it.

9. HIL91025

I'm not 'camp' at all. However, some have questioned my sexuality due to a lack of a girlfriend. I've always been told that I'm good looking and it's 'weird' that I don't have a girlfriend. Little do they know...

but yeah, I don't know why people try to stick their beak in so much.

10. TheUglyBarnacle

This. My brother had been implying I like girls ever since I was 12. I didn't even have to come out to him. He just came and subtly told me he knows a couple of months ago.
    Most of my friends told me they already knew when I told them.
    Everyone knew even before I did. XD

11. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I was 12, my best friend once told me "You have never kissed a boy, right? Are you a lesbian? I could totally imagine you with a girl". Too bad that I didn't even know myself at that time, and that we got on our different ways, because it would be kind of funny to tell her now that she was right all along.

When I was still on elementary school, some classmates would sometimes say to me "Why don't you ever have a crush on a boy? Are you a lesbian?"

Also, I was staying at a friend's house this summer, and her aunt asked my friend if I liked girls. My friend and I are still trying to figure out how on earth did she knew after knowing me for just one week!

Funny is that how people like them suspected, when my highschool best friends didn't even get the clue after months of intentional hints! :lol:

12. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guest

When I was 13 my mom randomly gave me a talk about how its a sin to be lesbian, I had been listening to a gay pride song.

13. Sully

It was thrown casually around in front of me that I was asexual, because if your my friends that seems more logical than being gay if you don't show much interest in a relationship with women.

14. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My friends and I were playing Cash and one of my friend's signal was glancing over at one of the dudes in the Hall because he had a nice ass (that was his signal for Cash.) After C (the guy left), K (my friend (who also is my ex)) told us that glancing over at C's ass was his signal. I chimed in and abruptly agreed. And then K asked me: "...are you sure you're not gay?" I laughed it off and said no.

At the beginning of this year: K and I were browsing through Tumblr and K said something to the effect of my Tumblr has a bunch of naked guys on there. I said mine does too, he then asked me who I followed that would do such a thing so I logged on and came across one follower that was so fucking adorable. K and I both agreed he was cute and then he finally asked me: "...are you SURE you're not gay?" and then I told him that I was coming out through a note and left it for my mom before I left. His reaction: "I never would've guessed."

When I turned 13, my parents questioned me after finding me looking at stuff one night after dinner.

I think those were the only two times.

15. biggayguy

I came out as bisexual to both my parents at age thirty-five. It terrified me that they may never talk to me again. Dad and mom both said they loved me and nothing could change that. It was only last year that I came out as gay. I just really didn't want to admit that I'm gay.

16. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    After my first girlfriend broke up with me because I wouldn't come out with her, she kissed her new girlfriend in school, and both girls had bad things happen to them. Other kids knew my former girlfriend and I were friends, and started accusing me of being a "dyke" too. I was afraid what happened to them might happen to me, so I told him that, yes, we were friends, but she never tried to kiss me like that, and that I wasn't a lesbian. This happened a few times, until I started showing fake interest in one of the boys who I knew that didn't have a girlfriend, got him to take me out publically. I even did a few public displays of affection with boys, at least as much as I could without feeling ill. I felt like Judas, and ashamed, but I was scared for my safety. When my former girlfriend got released from her "therapy", I apoligized to her, but she told me I didn't need to apoligize, that if I hadn't done what I did I'd have been there with her, and then she would've felt guilty about getting me into that mess.

17. LongMayIReign

(I've posted about this before on EC) at the start of the new yer I got into a heated debate with my French teacher about sexualities and gender identities. Word spread quickly of that class and, not saying that the entire grade expects me to come out at some point, but I think the entire grade expects me to come out at some point XD

18. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a lot of people think I'm gay, not bi because I was talking about my lady Valentine for a while. So I sort of outed myself to those who don't know but not fully.

19. Shadows123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably 90% of the guys in my grade have thought I'm gay/bi since I was 12, meanwhile most of the girls in my grade think I'm straight.

20. animequeen567

My dad and sister kept asking if I was a lesbian constantly because I've never had a boyfriend. Now I have a girlfriend and someone told my sister. Now they know I'm for sure not straight. Im not really in contact with them much so they more than likely assume Im a lesbian rather than pansexual. I doubt they even know what pansexual means and my dad would probably still think I'm a lesbian even if I explain.