1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a horrible situation! Sick of crying!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Justanotherteen, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Justanotherteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm bisexual, thought I was only curious... But I gained proper feelings for a girl! I told my parents I was bisexual but they weren't happy and do not approve of a lesbian relationship! So I kinda made out that I'm not really bi! But I am and I really like this girl, she's a lesbian! But my parents do not approve of it at all! They won't let her near the house, they won't let me go to hers or see her! It's killing me!

2. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know how old you are and your current location, then I'm gonna give you a generic answer cause these two points may change things a little bit.

Do it the oldstyle, HIDE IT. Tell your parents you're going somewhere and go elsewhere! Tell your parents you're going out with some friends, but then go out with her!

If they ain't ready for having a lesbian or bissexual daughter, then be it, respect it but don't kill yourself for that. Make it your way of being happy, even lying for them.

I'm a terrible person, ain't I?

3. Justanotherteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 16 and I live in the North West of England! I am thinking of taking that approach! Just don't tell them! But they always find out in the end! So I know I'll get found out and then get in even more shit!
    My dad said to me, quote; 'if you're happy, I'm happy' and then he said he doesn't want me to get with a girl and he would not approve of a lesbian relationship! So it's hard, my mother is a little more understanding! But my dad wouldn't be happy! And he doesn't want me to see her anymore!

4. AaronMed

I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with johnemack on this one. I think you should use a direct approach: "Mom, dad, I'm bisexual. I can't help who I fall for. It just is what it is."

The fact is, you are sixteen years old. Less than two years away from the age of majority. You have the right to give sexual consent and your parents are not, as far as I understand it, legally permitted to restrain you from seeing your love interest.

Tell them that you won't change for them. Tell them that parents' love should be unconditional. Tell them that you are who you are, and if they don't like that, well that's just too bad for them.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as sounding harsh, but I think you need to hear it. Don't change for others. Be true to yourself, always.

5. Justanotherteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know but I don't want them to be disappointed in me and not look at me the same way! Also my family are very religious and don't like it because we are Catholic and it is frowned upon but I can't help it!

6. Simple Thoughts

I'm inclined to to agree with aaron, but honestly it depends on the circumstances.

If you know they won't do anything overly drastic like kick you outta your house, than by all means stand up to them and don't take their crap. It's not your fault that you feel the way you feel, and they should learn to accept who you are.

If they would do something crazy like kick you outta your home the sneaking around option is always fun ^^

7. setnyx

you deserve their unconditional love. you should not have to hide who you are so they won't be disappointed in you.

8. Treasury

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It seems like your parents are going through a phase, just like all people go through phases when new pieces of information is foreign seemingly hostile to their beliefs.

Best things to do? Be yourself. Show them that you are still the same person they gave birth to. Show them that you love them as much as you did before. Show them that you will still be here.

Some things are meant to be, but they're only in place for bigger things in your life.

9. Justanotherteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm scared! My dad keeps on saying if I go out with a girl it will sway me and I will become fully gay! And he is upset because he wants grandchildren! But I've always said I want to be with a man in the future!
    Also when I told my dad he said he was 'heartbroken'
    So now I have to act like I'm straight when I'm not!

10. butterfly dust

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You have to live for yourself and your parents need to accept that their hopes for your future might be different from yours. If you pretend to be straight and bury and suppress your feelings you will probably end up miserable. Who you go out with isn't really their call.

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey perhaps you can get some information from the PFLAG or stonewall websites, they have information for families on their, perhaps you can leave some lying around or give it to your parents. Perhaps give them a bit of time, it has perhaps been quite a shock for them and it can take time for them to get used to it.

12. Justanotherteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you everyone just still don't know what to do:frowning2:

13. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried talking to them again?

14. Yosia

Make them see that it is who you are and cant help it~

You could always do the mean route and make them feel guilty by saying something like "i thought you wanted me to be happy, and <girls name> is what makes me happy.. If you do not support it then you really dont care about my happiness do you?!"

This could make them think about what you are and want and that they love their daughter whatever she is~

15. Justanotherteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you I'll try but I'm afraid to say something again

16. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status: