1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you collect anything?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by staychill, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I collect books (and by extension bookmarks), sea shells, and pebbles.

2. XTREMEZish

I collect theme park maps. Weird I know but I like to remember trips.

3. Projectfabulous

This is literally me except with Kpop idols. I totally get you haha. I love collecting all of their albums and posters and concert tickets and merchandise and fangirl out over their interviews and comebacks and releases. And you are so true about it being incredibly expensive. Plus, waiting for all of your stuff to come from overseas is such a pain.

Also, I collect foreign money but that's not that interesting :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Why do you need a reason to buy a cannon? It's an ice breaker. I know I'd get into home decorating if I got to deck the fucking room out with a cannon. "I call this one Betsy. No, don't hang your coat on it. It's vintage and probably loaded."

5. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    i collectbooks. i have about 300 books in my basement. i have read them all :grin: :lol:

6. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to collect key chains when I was younger. But they somehow got lost and I never found them again, so I gave up that hobby. Would like to start again, but this time I'll be more careful about where I store them. I had pretty unique ones that I probably won't find again :frowning2:

At this moment I have a very small collection of (metal) bottle caps. I have a variety of "brands." I'm not sure where I stored them though, will have to go look for them :slight_smile:

7. laurenc

laurenc Guest

off road magizines and lots of misc stuff that I get for free ,buy ,sell or trade

8. sammy1

Hmm i sort of collect little dragon statues that are hand painted. I guess I could also include when I was really young I had an uncountable amount of toy dinosaurs and unfortunitally my mom sold them in a yard sale a long time ago :frowning2:

9. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My father used to collect records. I dunno why he stopped. That's how I discovered Metal! I listened to Slayer, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Exodus... and I'm forgetting some. It was so awesome I once told my mother "I've been to Hell!" and I was sent to my room for the day. They were mostly 80s LPs with plenty New Wave music.

I collect knives, swords, armor, multitools, machetes, modern tool axes, and some modern tomahawks. Most of them are display queens. I usually only use Mora and Spyderco knives. I got everything from the 'tacticool' Boker Plus Kalashnikov to a serious business overpriced Extrema Ratio. I can be a bit of a snob; I dislike fantasy knives. Now I feel like rambling a bit.

Over here it's considered odd to collect knives. I didn't know that until I was older because my father never stopped me. My mother was always despairing though. I've been around knives my entire life and to me this is 'normal'. I've even been jealous of the USA at times because of the laws. I only talk from my experience in a knife-phobic country.

The best every-day-carry is a swiss army knife. If you want a workhorse knife get a Mora Companion Carbon. Be extremely careful the first time you handle it. Almost all of these knives arrive ultra sharp! They're also cheap. An honourable mention goes to the Buck Protege. It's a great little DIY knife and easy to sharpen. If you want a general field knife; get a Gerber LMF II. For a forest environment; get some of the larger RAT Cutlery knives. You can stick them in trees; stand on them and they'll probably support you. If you want a bushcraft knife... the Mora Bushcraft is the business. If you want a combat knife; get a Fairbairn Sykes dagger. When in doubt; fixed straight edge knives are best. I maybe won't go into steel types xD

Don't carry a knife outside unless it is legal and you have a good reason to and you know how to use it. I've probably already bored you all to death. Er, I collect science/history books, video games, horror dvds, plush birds and metal cds as well!

10. pitabread514

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Use to be really a sports card enthusiast, which later turned into a small business. I've fallen so far out of the loop it would take along time to get into. I like to always keep my eye on certain watches and other vintage items, though no collection anymore, at least not for now.

11. Thomas565

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I collect old games/devises from the Atari 2600 and up. the way our technology has advanced so much, the way we adapted our story telling methods, and the way new mechanics were introduced tells such a cool story

12. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I collect books and tarantulas:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Bibliophile

LOL great post.

Lawrence: You've got good taste in knives my friend. Though I tend to prefer cold steel to spider co. Then again Ive never owned a spider co. knife so I will have to get one to judge.

14. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Spyderco makes decent stuff and cold steel is great. Benchmade is where my loyalty lies these days after years of using Kershaws.

The only things I avidly collect are Lego sets. Right now I have set number 10234 (Sydney Opera House), 42009, 9398, 7965, 21103, 21009 and 8110 waiting to be built. And the Simpson's house just came out too, can't wait to get that one. Now I just need another shelf.

15. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As weird as this sounds, I collect Bible tracts. I started because they used to give them to me on campus all the time. Then I went home, and customers at my other workplace gave them to me. Some of them are so ridiculous... which is why I collect them :slight_smile:

16. 7eye

7eye Guest

A lot of files from the internet; mostly images and websites (as HTML for the latter).

17. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I collect books too - mostly about food and cookery. I'm a maniacal kitchenware collector as well.

A few years ago I used to collect fortunes from fortune cookies. I've got 75+ four-leaf clovers I've accrued since we moved into our current house, so I'd consider that a collection too.

18. Bibliophile

Sadly I do not have Benchmade money to get their knives. Though for my camping knife I use a Mora knife. Pretty much the beast bushcrafting/beater knife you can buy.

19. KWDBM

Definitely collect books, 1,283 at the moment. And with that, I guess you could say I collect bookcases, 2 tall ones and 3 smaller ones, plus 12-15 handmade ones (made out of cardboard).

I collect horse pictures to put up on my wall, two of the walls in my bedroom are *covered* in all different sized horse pictures.

Oh, can't forget notebooks. I'm a writer and just *cannot* pass up a notebook sale, no matter how many I already own. I current have 5 separate diaries/journals, 3 large research notebooks, 2 smaller notebooks to jot down poems... And then one by my bed, one by the couch, and one in my purse, all used for jotting down ideas so I don't forget.

20. couragetobeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    gall stones, apparently, lol. Had a sonogram a couple weeks ago, and my gall bladder is literally packed with them. Getting that sucker taken out in 30 hours. Yay! But no, I'm not keeping them (apparently in TX, at least, there are laws against that now).