1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old were you when you knew about your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Leonardo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Envira

12 or 13 I guess. I'm still 13, but it was last year.

2. IsThisAName

I wouldn't say I know for sure yet as I'm still in denial. But I started to question that I was straight when I was around 16 because I realized I was really attracted to girls, but I kinda brushed it aside and tried not to think about me not being straight until a couple months ago. It's funny though how looking back once you realize you're not straight, you remember all the crushes you had on the same sex. I now remember that I had the biggest crush on my 5th grade teacher's teaching assistant, who was a woman. I got so nervous around her but I didn't realize then that it was a crush at all, but it totally was :lol:

3. VideoGameLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hmm. I really didn't think about sexuality much in my pre-High school days. I never had attractions, and figured I was asexual. Then when High School came I got bit hard by the love bug. I first noticed things when I started having a crush on a really hot guy in one of my classes. I was 14 at the time. I kept thinking about him, and sometimes when I was in bed, I enjoyed imagining that he (or any other guy) was laying behind me and cuddling with me.

I then realized that I had a massive attraction towards men, once I started exploring my sexuality. Men really appeal to me, and turn me on.

I've never been in denial of my sexuality. And I've never felt there was anything wrong with it. But sometimes, I feel like life would be so much easier if I wasn't gay.

4. itsonlyrelative

I knew I wasn't fully straight when I was in 8th grade, I realized that I didn't like guys at all at 16, but it took me until this past December to really accept that I was a lesbian.

5. Imsoweird

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I started thinking about it when I was 12 and watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the first time and got really obsessed with Willow haha. I knew I wasn't straight when I had a crush on a friend and then figured out the rest autum 2013 when I was 13.

6. Laelia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    42. I came out approximately 1 1/2 months ago. :slight_smile:

7. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Subconsciously, I've always known. On a conscious level, I was 25 or 26 when I figured it out.

8. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I started developing small attraction towards girls at around 8 years old. At the time, I had no idea what that meant. Then last year in 7th, a new girl who will be called A for the sake of privacy, came to my school. Instantly, we became friends. It wasn't till around this time last year that I realized that I thought she was beautiful and pretty and confident and everything I wanted to be and more. So, basically I realized that I was attracted to girls last year. The first person who i came out to was my best friend. It was about a month before I decided to come out to my mom. This year, I decided to embrace it and come out to more people. So far, about 30 people know.

9. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I began to identify as bisexual when I was 14, late last year. I then went through a kind of "transitional phase" as I like to call it. I went from bisexual, with a preferance for women, to equal preferance for both, then to bisexual with a preferance for men. So, basically I kept climbing up the Kinsey scale until I reached 6. I didn't officially identify as gay until near the end of January, after I turned 15.

10. rjyounger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    glad to hear I'm not the only one who realized it a bit later! I only started to really accept it recently, at around age 22. I had crushes on women as early as 12, but I just didn't understand that they were crushes. I thought I just really liked them as people. It's amazing how deep you can dig yourself into denial :rolle:

11. Ciel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I began to discover that I'am a lesbian when I was 6 because I notice that whatever my mama brought me a girly stuff I came to dislike it and I'm much more attractive to boys stuffs and style, and I notice also that I was acting boyish way back then.

12. xBrightEyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't ever think of a time when i didn't know, it's sort of always been there. I first started admitting it to myself in 2012, but i guess I've know since I was 11 ish?

13. For me I always knew, even at a young age. I've been in denial all my life until just recently at the age of 25. :/

14. Tongue Flicker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Things took a turn for me when i was 21. I was pretty much straight all the way til 21. Came out to my friends and family when i was 22 :slight_smile:

#114 Tongue Flicker, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  15. Meagan

Well, I was sexually attracted to girls my entire life, but I didn't make the connection that being attracted to girls= being gay until I was 13/14 years old.

16. EatYourRikkios

I pretty much assumed I was straight until I was fifteen and realized I was leaning in to kiss my best friend, not hug her like I normally did. I ran off and proceeded to rationalize the feelings away and stamp them down, not thinking about it at all until a few months ago, a bit after I turned eighteen.

Looking back, there's a bit of a 'you idiot, it should have been obvious' feeling, but... *shrugs* I guess it was easier to not think about it.

17. Joelouis

I knew I had feelings for both when I was at school but hoped it was just a phase.
    Hell of a long phase now!

18. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was in denial till I was 14 or so. Then I slowly started to accept the possibility of not being straight but tried not to think about it a lot. When I was 16 I accepted it completely.

19. Ned B

I just wrote about this in my welcome last week, but I was one of the "late" ones too. It didn't even occur to me that I might be gay until sometime around 19/20 and it took until I was 23/24 to accept myself. Looking back I realized that the feelings and crushes were always there, at least back to age 11, I just didn't know what they were.

20. eliza

eliza Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember that I used to tell a lot of people that I was bisexual at the age of 10-11 because I think I knew somehow, although I wasn't really sure what it meant until I was around 12. I've been aware of my same-sex attraction my whole life, but I was 100% sure when I was 13 years old.