1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old were you when you knew about your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Leonardo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Au.Quicksilver

I only realized I was demi late last year. I was still 13 at the time.

2. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Heck if I remember, it happened sometime in middle school

3. maselalala

I was ten when I started questioning my sexuality, but I found out when I was fourteen.
    c:

4. TheUglyBarnacle

There have been very strong hints since I was 11 but I had just assumed these were feelings everyone had. I came out to myself when I was 15.

5. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I knew for sure when I was 14 I think? I don't know exactly because I always knew I was different because girls just didn't interest me but around the age of 14 I knew that I didn't like girls because my eyes only looked at boys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. George

Upon reflection I realize I had my first signs of same-sex attraction around age 10. By age 13 it was pretty obvious I was interested in guys but I still didn't even consider the possibility that I might be gay. Throughout junior high and high school I would be checking out guys but I insisted to myself that it was just extreme admiration.

Around age 16 I told a friend about my attractions and how I was terrified of being gay. I remember he told me it would make no difference to him, but the prospect still really scared me so I refused to accept it.

It wasn't until last year at age 23 that I finally reached full acceptance. I began coming out to people after that. Almost a year later I am completely out to everyone.

7. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Questioning at 15, thought I was sure I was a lesbian at 18, questioning again at 26, now guessing I'm a demisexual bisexual, but it's not an equal attraction. All my relationships except for one have been with females.

8. GemmaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I first thought I could be a lesbian a week or two after my 13th birthday. I pretty much panicked and ignored it for as long as possible as I thought something was wrong with me, having grown up in a very homophobic family. When I was 14 I finally thought it through and admitted it to myself, but it wasn't until I was almost 17 that I told my two best friends. Now I'm 17 and am almost completely accepting of myself (and thinking about coming out to my parents), but until now I wouldn't have even considered coming out.
    I think it's difficult to think about coming out at 13/14, because at that point for me it was pretty confusing, and I didn't want to say I was gay but then realise later on that I'm actually not or something. Plus, I think any parent who is straight and has always identified as such will likely think their child is too young to know, if only because they haven't been through it and don't understand that there isn't a true age for knowing - you just know when you know. :slight_smile:

9. anshrknt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had inklings of it since I was in middle school, but I still thought I was completely straight and that it was just a kind of phase. When I was 15 due to a number of factors I kind of came out to myself and accepted it.

10. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

when I was about 9 I was relazing I was bi all thorgh middle and high school I had crushes on both sexes.

11. ClydeThePanda

Out Status:
    All but family
    10 or 11 I think around that time I developed a huge crush on none other than Michael Jackson Off The Wall/Thriller y'know back when he looked alot more beautiful(atleast in my opinion)

12. PinkieKeen

i knew i was bi when i was at least 10 or 11. I was just starting to notice girls at that age lol. But that was also around the time i saw two guys kiss.. and i liked the way it looked.. i liked the way it made me feel. so when i was 13 i had my first gay experience and it was great. so thats when i realized i liked girls and guys. although i do have a very slight preference to guys. lol

13. Candace

I knew that I was "different" by the age of eight, but didn't start to realize it until I was in middle school.

14. musicgirl18

I was around 11 or 12 when I realized that my feelings weren't the same as the girls around me. 16 when I finally accepted it. :slight_smile:

15. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guest

13 but didnt completely accept it til now, now I know im lesbian and im fine with it. No more clinging to being bisexual

16. melamela

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was 16 when I realized that I "felt different". I got a little help from my cousin and her girlfriend :lol: . But I was too young at that time to know that it was a serious matter, I was too busy fitting in.

17. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I didn't realize I was a lesbian until I was 24-25ish. Looking back I can see the little things that all added up to the conclusion, and I definitely was not in denial, I think I just thought I was the fun, kinky girl who didn't mind the idea of sleeping with women. At best I thought I was maybe a bit bisexual but I recall trying to convince a girl to kiss me when I was 14ish because "all girls are a bit bisexual" (my words but hers). My world may have been very different had she done it!

18. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was four I cried when I realized I wasn't going to grow boy parts.

At eight I fell in love with the girl across the street.

At twelve I thought I was a lesbian for sure and it made me so scared I stopped hugging my friends who were girls. And of course got a boyfriend...or two or three. Finally kissed a girl when I was thirteen and found that although it was much nicer than kissing boys, maybe I wasn't actually gay because my emotional connections to boys were stronger. Plus, I thought girls were mean.

At fourteen I fell in crazy love with a girl I thought was my soul mate and a year later we made love, at which point I assumed I must be gay. Until we broke up and I fell for a boy. Lots of short term relationships and hook ups with women, a couple of long relationships with men, a lot of soul-searching and I still can't choose. Now happily married to a man but still identify strongly with other lesbians...though they don't like me very much :slight_smile: So. Bi then, bi now, bi for life.

19. birdnerdjoel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    probably 6 or 7

20. BunnyFear

Out Status:
    A few people
    I only started questioning around last year when I was 16 and to this day I'm still not sure