1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling so sad!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Penpal, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Penpal

My marriage has ended, my husband is moving out once he has found a place. My family and children don't know yet and I'm so emotional I can't deal with the practicalities of the situation. The 2 people I have really loved in this life have rejected me. I have other very good friends who are supporting me but at this time I feel alone and scared. My husband has found someone new, a younger prettier and non complicated woman who is single. Frankly I'm scared stupid.

2. Molly1977

BIG HUGGLES (*hug*)

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Penpal,

I truly feel for you, this is a low point, you probably will find yourself there again a few times. But this is exactly when you need to lean on the friends that support you, and on us. Don't be too proud or afraid to reach out to them when you need them, you'll know very soon who your true friends are.

I can't deal with "my future" or "the rest of my life", I can only deal with today, and possibly tomorrow. If you focus on just that: today and possibly tomorrow, the rest will take care of itself. It is far less overwhelming. It helps, it will really help you get through this.

Just keep going!

4. farmgirl

Out Status:
    Some people
    I struggle to find the words to offer some form of comfort. This is one of my greatest fears and hopes at the same time. How are things now?

5. GayDadStr8Marig

very sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time. it definitely hurts when the people you care for the most turn their backs on you. been there before, may be there again. we're here to listen and get you through this.(*hug*)

6. Runnerrunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm literally crying for you. I understand this. I've been/am there. This shit is truly horrible. My strategy, if you can call it that, is to lean into and really dig into the ntense horrible pain. For me it's been an awakening because I've been so numb, so emotionless for so long. I'll also say that each day is slightly better. I'm more angry than sad now, but still, the sadness grips tightly sometimes. However, the depression is gone.

I'm giving you the biggest hug I can through text. I know you need it. Hang in there. It's not fair. It's not right. But it is real. This garbage will pass one day. I truly believe that.

Another hug!!

7. Penpal

Thank you all, I'm finding all of this so hard and my husband threatened to out me to everyone we know when we had a big argument. I want to tell people at my own pace but am now feeling he has so much over me he can use against me. He has since said he won't and was just angry, but I'm so scared as he is bound to get angry during the separation process. I'm trying to keep things amicable because we have two boys aged 6 and 8 and I adore them. It's all such a mess. I have to pull myself together. I need to keep going in my job, and keep it together for the kids but I feel like my life has fallen apart. There are so many story's on here like mine. It makes me so sad that people can be so judgmental towards people who just want to be happy. My councillor has told me I am a very passive person and she is trying to help me become more assertive and take control. This has never been in my nature. I have always surrounded myself by dominant people and gone with the flow. I hide my feelings from my family as they are so stressful to talk to. They overreact to little things so this will be so shocking to them. I have some good friends I have now confided in and they are very important to me. Sorry just rambling now. Very confused. Thanks for reading. Xxxx

8. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Don't fool yourself, he is sharing already.

As that college football star said pre-empting NFL draft; he was shocked how many knew his sexuality and he had to out himself publicly so he could control the message.

Take the power away, control your own message.

Reality can interfere with personal timelines.

Hubby knows... Others know.

Tom

9. farmgirl

Out Status:
    Some people
    Big hugs Penpal. You are strong to have reached out here. I wish I had some amazing words that would help but know that you are in my thoughts. Hang in there.

10. Penpal

Skiff, you may be right. I think up until now he has been too embarrassed to say anything. He's not the most open minded person in the world. However now it's over he can use it against me. We have agreed he won't tell people and I won't tell people about the girl he picked up in a pub. We both want things to go smoothly for the kids. But when we had that argument I saw a really awful nasty side to him, and the trust has gone. I need to take the power away from him. I am fine with who I am but I can't take anymore rejection at the moment. I physically shake when I tell people who I am incase they reject me or judge me. We have mutual friends that may well decide all this is my own fault not understanding the truth. Thanks for your comments everyone. I wish I had some people like you all around me now. Xxx