1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testosterone injections?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KariGordon1996, Feb 11, 2014.

1. KariGordon1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was thinking in a few months about starting testosterone injections, I've been looking into it a lot lately but I am still unsure. I know what it does in general but what are some risks and just some information. I don't really identify myself as male, I'm comfortable being a female and don't really have any dysphoria besides my breasts. So would it not be a good idea to start injections then? I guess I'm just asking advice and some information on it for people that have been on T or are on testosterone. Also, if I start it will I always have to be on T? Thanks :slight_smile:

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think you can get access to T without being trans. They probably won't give it to you if you identify as female. It's not something you can just take like that, after all, since it has permanent effects.

But, assuming you could, there aren't too many risks from taking T. If your dose is not appropriate, your body will have trouble functioning correctly, but that's usually avoided because you must be checked by a doctor every now and then. Also, no, you don't have to be on T forever. That only happens for people who removed their uterus, which I doubt you would want to do.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The state of Ohio does have informed consent, but you have to be trans* identifying before they will write a script for it. Some informed consent places even require you to live as the opposite gender. So, it's not just something that you can easily get your hands on if you are not trans* identifying.

4. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're only issue is with your breasts, T won't really help you. It will cause you to grow body hair, it can cause you to lose head hair, it'll deepen your voice, and it'll make your clit bigger. It won't do anything to breasts except loosen the tissue and cause them to sag. Essentially it will make you appear more male.

5. Niko

If you don't identify as a transman I highly suggest that you do not start T. It will make you more masculine meaning you will appear male. As others say it won't make your breasts shrivel up and give you a flat chest, it'll make them sag and you'll gain body hair on top of it. You don't need to be on T for the rest of your life, but there are some side affects that are not reversible once started.

Therapists also won't give you a prescription for T if you're not transgender. If you want a more masculine appearance, just dress in men's clothing, cut your hair short and bind your chest (safely of course).

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Testosterone, (& Estrogen) are controlled substances in the US, and are really only prescribed to trans people, men with ED(mostly elderly men) & women to lighten menopausal symptoms

But as stated above, it can cause Male pattern baldness, redirect your fat away from breasts, butt, thighs to your belly, cause facial hair, and deepen your voice.

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Why would you consider taking testosterone if you don't identify as male? T won't do anything for your chest (ie making them shrink drastically). The other changes mentioned are inevitable, such as your voice deepening, growing body hair, ect. Plus I highly doubt any sort of medical professional would prescribe T to someone who isn't trans.

If it'd help any, you could just bind your chest.

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. T has permanent changes and once you start you can reach the point of no return. HRT is a very serious thing and shouldn't be messed with.

Some of those changes: Hormone replacement therapy (female-to-male) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plus, with what you've said, I highly doubt any medical professional would give you a letter to start T or give you a script if you don't meet the criteria needed to further transitioning. As for if you'd always be on T, for us, it is a life thing. Many go off hormones for medical or personal reasons, but for the most part--hormones is something we're on for life.

9. paul samantha

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Having lived many years without regret a male since Big T kicked in turning a small nerdy wimp with great difficulty to something more acceptable as a male. I ask ?-Is this wonder drug which some bigger males have lots-Creating for me extremely painfully muscle development; Is it worth the effort of taking and introducing into our systems if we don’t naturally have it ? Is the softer gentler more artistic life what I really like? After I turned 12 I started a decade and more of mountain defeating effort inspired by the father of long distance running - Arthur Lydyard – becoming male tightly Focused Driven Singular – using a naturally occurring drug Big T; What is my point here? Physical attitude, masculine thinking, up front posture, utter determination Never give up; Is part of what made possible my appearing to ignore my more naturally playful fun artistic solo explorer delicate actor retiring shy feminist upbringing .So not judging Good/Bad - What choices can we make? In my own personal Big T Wind Up I gained some sort of status in a life where previously my Father to Great grand father Never a good word about them –(My kids shocked me telling me that police caught my father trying to buy a gun to kill us all!) Don’t blame Big T for that…Or now winding back all those positions as HRT kicks in taking me down with my female side. Honest thoughts? Good luck go for it- Succeed-love paul samantha

10. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Like others have said. Not a good idea if you're not trans. They won't prescribe it to you. There is a whole process to getting the T that Trans* people have to go through.

11. Ruthven

[​IMG]

I've reread this a few times now and I'm still not sure what's going on.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (tilts head) What?

13. Ruthven

That post I quoted. It doesn't make much sense to me. Cause it's kinda random and all over the place.

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was agreeing with you. It just seems like someone is drunk typing.

15. Ruthven

oh lol. Yeah it does.

16. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you just want smaller boobs, probably the easiest way is to loose weight. Boobs are mostly fat, so their size tends to be linked to your overall weight.

17. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Unless they are mostly tissue...I've done the bad diet of eat 1000 calories a day, I could see my ribs and didn't go down a cup size from DDD. Which sorta sucked. But most cases you can get some mass off.