1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does this happen?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yosia, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Yosia

Normally i am a happy person but sometimes i go into reall bad moods and sometimes depressed for a few days and can last for about a week maybe two, this is without reason too most of the time.. Some people make fun of it and say im on my period but im a boy and cant get them obviously~

Why does this happen? Like none of my friends happen >_<

2. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You have to talk to a therapist of physiologist about it. It sounds like bipolar disorder, but I'm not a therapist, physiologist or a doctor and your not laying on a couch.

3. Julieno

Well it happens to me too and funnily enough I call it man period too. As long as it is not too frequent and you are aware is just temporary you should be fine.

Or let the world know you are feeling down, good friends will help you to cheer up!

4. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes
    I find calling and hanging out or going for a walk helps...

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2014 at 05:10 PM ----------

Going for walk, even around the mall, like mall-walking can help

5. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The same thing will happen to me every now and then. If I think too much on terrible things that have happened to me, I'll get really depressed. Usually I'll have the constant feeling of being depressed, but it won't get in the way of things if I'm having a good day. However, this is because I actually have severe depression. The only way to really find out what's going on and how to treat it is by talking to a doctor or therapist of some sort, and they can help you out.

6. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Oh, this is completely normal! It doesn't matter who you are, people will have high points and low points.

Why does it happen? The hell if I know :grin: It can be a number of things. It could just be your having an abnormally bad day/week/month, or maybe it's some number of subconscious things as you said you don't know why.

As for none of your friends saying this happens to them, ehhh, I would take that with a grain of salt, some people are just much more open about what's happening in their life/ emotionally.

As long as it isn't extreme depression, then there isn't anything to worry about, but regular serious thoughts of suicide is definitely something you should tell someone you trust about.

But seriously, I wouldn't worry about it, this happens to near everybody, it happens to you, me, your neighbor, your pet rock, it just happens!