1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From gay to asexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Stridenttube, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Is it possible to go from being gay to asexual? I used to be really attracted to guys, but these last few months I've noticed that I really don't desire to be with guys anymore, or anyone for that matter. It's like I'm not attracted to anyone. I can think a guy is attractive in a matter-of-fact way, but it pretty much ends at that.

I don't think about guys, I don't think about sexual thoughts. It's like suddenly I'd rather be single and away from people. Is this possible? Like how bisexual people can find a certain sex attractive for a period of time and then swing back?

#1 Stridenttube, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
  2. OuterSpaceACE

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To hear my sister tell it, this is something that happens occasionally to sexual people. Since it happened to you suddenly, you may want to check with your doctor to see if there might be an underlying reason (mental, physical) just to be sure. She says her feelings return eventually toward guys, but after a breakup or if she goes long periods of time without sexual activity, she sort of loses interested for a while.

3. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People change all the time but it's a natural thing that happens for various reasons it can't be forced

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sexuality is a fluid thing, so you could just be going through a period where you don't have any attractions. As the person said above, it's a good idea to get checked out, just in case there is something else that is causing the problem.

5. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like your becoming more introverted, depressed or just bored. But I don't think you can just turn off your sexuality, SWITCH YES but turn it completely off.
    Like Outerspaceace said and Bradthecat agreed, Im gonna agree as well you definitely might want to go get that checked out..

6. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It sounds like you're just going through a bit of a dry patch. This could just be random, or it could have happened because you had a bad experience (even if you don't remember anything in particular, it's subconscious), or it might be hormonal. I'm sure it's just a temporary thing, just concentrate on other things and I'm sure it'll come back, maybe you're just growing out of boy craziness and don't like anyone at the moment.