1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Adam and Steve" Phrase

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by IG88, Feb 2, 2014.

1. nichison

Whenever I hear someone say this I always say "Yea, and that worked out SO well for them."

The funny thing is I have met a gay couple whose names were Adam and Steve. Oh the irony.

2. NotBrokenYet

I don't really believe that Adam and Eve even existed, for more reasons than just 'I'm Athiest". But there was a really lovely comeback to that that I saw somewhere, and it went along the lines of "Adam AND Eve, not Adam OR Eve. If you're not bisexual you're doing it wrong." Which is the one I'm liable to use in a situation like that.

3. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I'm prepared... I will point them out that genesis is a metaphor, and is not meant to be taken literaly, wether you are an atheist or christian... Its obvious in the style, its full of symbols... That story represent the origin of sexual reproduction and its importance, because yes its important. But that doesnt mean its the only thing absolutely everyone should do.... If they insist in saying that it should be taken literaly i would add: " so they had sex and had childs, and their childs had sex with each other...isnt that incest? If that did happen why isnt down 's syndrome more prevalent( the chance of a child having it, increases the closer parents are in blood).

On another note, its interesting how evolution and big bang theory and earth formation is sort of described in genesis. I have many ways of messing with their minds :slight_smile:

4. kibeth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well said!

5. Seanathon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I saw a really good response that said "If your best argument against gay marriage is that it was Adam and Eve then you need to Adam and leave." :lol:

6. XTREMEZish

few things I say

1. Those names where not around for a long time
    2. Did they screw over all of humanity?
    3. What is your proof of this?

7. huggy

huggy Guest

well once i was reading an lgbt related article posted by cosmo then i came across this phrase and it was posted by a woman as a comment. my only response was,"you're right it was adam and eve but eve was eaten by a tiger so adam had to work with steve"(i know very immature lol). that woman, maybe, got furious so thats why she endedup with the "f:***:" word on me lol it was and is fun:roflmao:
    FYI, i'm an atheist :slight_smile:

#47 huggy, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
  8. machinegundwarf

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i say if dat fairy tail is real than all u people is f*ckin yo brothas and sistas

9. tulipinacup

"It's Adam and Eve not Ryan and Gretchen, sorry it look likes you guys can't get married with that name"

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

There's a wide variety of responses. Some serious, some harsh, and some amusing.

Me, personally, when I hear the "Adam and Eve" remark, I usually remain silent for a moment to lock eye contact. Once I have it, I pose this:

" Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? "​

Usually they ask me to repeat the question, so I do. If it isn't asking me to repeat the question, it is a look of bewilderment. I normally have to repeat the question again, to get any sort of verbal response out of them, at this point.

It truly blows some minds, if you ask that.

11. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very simple.. "don't be ridiculous"

12. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favorite was the one Wanda Sykes said. "The Bible said Adam and Eve, not Adam and Mary J. Blige."

Usually Ill tell them " Unless you are God or Judge Judy you have no right to judge me."