When did u know?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Andrew99, Jan 31, 2014.

1. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're welcome! :icon_wink

2. Chinito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, Electra for your kind and encouraging words. Yes, I've been lurking around EC for the past 2 months now, reading and certainly benefiting from a lot of stories that are posted here. One thing I found out is I'm not the only one in this world who feel like this, the lonesome feeling I get because I'm different from the majority of the people around me.

As for the 'out' thing, all I can say is from now on, if someone, including my friends and relatives, asks me if I am gay, I'll just tell them it's true. (Whereas before, I would deny it). But I wouldn't go around and broadcast it because for me, sexuality is still a personal thing.

3. Molly1977

1) Discovered I was gay between the ages of 12 and 22. Fully realised at age 22, although I knew I always fancied girls.

2) Age 22 in 2000.

3) I accepted i was gay at the age of 27 in 2005 although I continued to ignore my feelings until last year, age 35. this has been a long, painful and difficult process for me.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im very sorry to hear that (*hug*). I hope u have or will be able to breakthrough from all this pain and suffering.

5. Molly1977

Thanks for all the love and hugs I have received over the last few days. This site has saved my life this weekend. xxx

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    1. Age 8 but I thought I was bi because i did not know women can be gay I thought we only had to be with men I discovered I was lesbian at age 25
    2. 2013
    3. Age 25 and couple of months ago

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds like me. ^^

8. Geo58

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had a crush on a boy back when I was in the 5th grade. I couldn't really understand the feelings that I had though. I was probably in my early teens when I realized I was not attracted to girls. I couldn't figure out what the big deal was. I did enjoy checking out the guys in the locker room though. I had to be careful, I kept getting hard and was afraid of getting caught. The other kids in high school didn't really like anybody that was "different". That was in the mid 70's in Florida.

By the time I graduated high school I knew something was different about me. That was 1976

January 2014. I just recently accepted myself as gay. I used to keep telling myself I was bi even though I have had sex with more men than women.

I have been fortunate enough to have several gay friends for the past 7 years. I wouldn't trade them for the world. I am currently looking for a bf. I am tired of being by myself and want someone else to share my life with.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya I know how u feel I don't wanna be alone either but that's what I always tell my self with being lonely all of this is gonna lead up to my night and shining armor.

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gosh I just wanted to say thanku to all who have responded and please keep responding. This was my ultimate most successful thread ever. I've never gotten 3 pages on a thread i posted before. And for all of u that thanked me for postin this bc u feel like your bit alone you are all so welcome (*hug*) u guys r all so sweet and I love all of u guys. Some of u guys said i saved your lives and that makes me feel SO special that I saved your guys lives. U r all very special to me and I just wanted u guys to know i think your all my brothers and sisters doesnt matter if your a month older than I am or 40+ years where all in this together. Your all so sweet and those for u who are so for and lonely were battiling through this hard time together and I just wanted to say i feel so awesome that I made u guys feel awesome and all these sweet responses i got from u guys. Also how im such an inspiration for excepting myself at such a young age same for YuriCore. Also for those who still can't accept themselves you'll have to do what I did I told myself im gonna learn to love myself bc that's how god made me. Also if I was straight i wouldn't have cheered up so many people this past weekend so to all my brothers and sister i love u. :kiss:

11. Electra

Yes Sup2345 - a really good thread. So nice to see LBGT of all ages and stories sharing. It is so important as a community we understand how we all have our different journeys as well as finding strengths in our similarities. You are an incredible young man - good luck in you own journey

12. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sup2345,

You've got a good heart. Your spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar could use some work. But yup, you've a good heart! Come visit us old farts anytime! (*hug*)

13. Biotech49

Kinda knew I was gay in my late teens because I had absolutely NO interest in guys but I got married and had kids anyway, came out at age 23 (1983) to my mom and when directly back into the closet. Came out for good at age 49 in January of 2013.

14. Cool Bananas

Brisbane, but I seem to fly as much as superman
    Ok here are my 3 questions & please give me your 3 answers

1. How old were u when u discovered u were gay

I would say 25, this is not to say I didn't think about it earlier but I didn't think I could be gay until then.
    2. What year was it?
    Jan 1998,
    3. How old were u when u accepted you were gay.
    May 2006 when I was 34.

For me it wasn't just those 2 times when I had those light bulb moments but a bunch of little ones, when I was 14 I felt some attraction to a teacher I had but I would never have thought I was gay, it wasn't until November 2007 when a friend asked me if I was seeing(dating) someone that I said I think I am gay.

15. Al123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1) I was around 25--but I didn't want to be and struggled until I was 29, when I met my wife (and for a few years I was able to convince myself I was straight). Then those thoughts came back....:icon_bigg

2) 1986--the height of the AIDS epidemic. There was no cure, many infected gays were dying like flies, and Anita Bryant was storming around fomenting a resurgence of homophobia country wide.

3) Last year at age 52. I took me a long time to get there. :icon_redf I think I realized it and truly came out to myself at around age 48 in 2009, but then hid this from my wife for 4 more years.

We are currently slowly going through couples "disengagement counselling" as I will be filing for divorce in the next few months. I hope to remain as friendly as I can towards my stbx.

Tough situation for all.

16. UK_guy

1. 16 after seeing watching hollyoaks ( a soap in the UK) and the character John Paul realised he was gay something clicked with me.
    2. 2006 so last year of secondary school/ start of college
    3. Last year at the age of 23 and with the help of EC come out to a few people so far.

#56 UK_guy, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  17. link4816

StillAround, you are hilarious.

I remember as far back as Kindergarten, age 5-6, 1988-1989, that there was this one boy in class who I couldn't stop looking at. I remember his hair fell over his eyes and he had to keep blowing it out of the way. Around the same time, I was remember playing footsie with a boy about 5 years older than me at my babysitter's house, and I loved the feel of his feet against mine. Locker rooms scared the crap out of me, because I was terrified to look too long. When I joined the military after high school, I allowed myself a few glances in the shower and was very happy that I did!

I accepted that I am gay when I was about 14 years old, in 1997, when I started high school. I am still with my wife who knows I am gay, though, and not out to anybody else, so many on EC probably would say I have not quite yet accepted myself.

18. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No judgment here, link4816. Seems to me that coming out, or not, should be part of an effort towards being at peace with yourself, what you want, and what makes you happy. Forcing people to be publicly OUT of the closet if it doesn't work for them is no better than forcing them to stay IN it because of your own personal beliefs.

19. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank u :kiss:

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2014 at 08:37 AM ----------

Lmao I know it's prob y I have an F in English. But hey when they only grade u on your tests what do ya expect. She said if anyone was daikon we class that she would have a netting with parent/guardian. Well just about everyone is failing her class so I guess no meetings bc she was prob like ah ain't nobody got time for that. Lmao :roflmao:

20. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew from an early age that I was "different" in some way, but had no name for it.

Put the label on myself around 1998, but did not alter my "straight" lifestyle.

Accepted it as "reality" when I put the label on, but only thought about spreading the news around to others recently, as living a different lifestyle is not that specifically important to me at my age.