1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you ever smoke recreational marijuana?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skaros, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I smoked it fairly regularly from 2008 to 2012. When I stopped enjoying it, I stopped smoking it and felt no inclination to do it again. I've got responsibilities and things to focus on now that aren't conducive to getting high - I got all I could from it already.

Looking back, a lot of it was done in the hope that I'd stumble upon some insight or understanding about things that simply cannot be understood - the answer was that there was no answer. It doesn't take changes in perception/cognition induced by inhaling torched plant matter to figure that out, even if that's one way to go about it I guess.

And music sounded super awesome. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Oxelotl

Probably not. Not that I oppose to the idea of doing drugs (which I do strongly oppose, but with Marijuana as an exception because it doesn't actually kill you) but more because one time I tried smoking tea as a joke and hacked my lungs out and have no interest in doing it again. Marijuana = Maybe. Smoke = No.

3. robotman

Yeah, I would, I have before and it was fun to me. I wouldn't want to do it too much though. As others have said I would prefer the baked goods lol. I want to try space brownies in Amsterdam lol.

4. bde9000

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I enjoy pot. :slight_smile:

5. finlandwrc

No deffo not not into that sort of thing

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You smoked tea? :roflmao:

7. Sorceress of Az

Would you ever smoke recreational marijuana?
    Nope Never:
    It is against my personal spiritual beliefs to intake any thing that might render my judgement unless their is a darned good medical reason to do so.

This applies to every thing and I have even purged all Caffeine from my diet: Ever since I stopped drinking Caffeine I have had more energy, been really hyper, more scatter brained, more talkative, happier, and weirder(but in my opinion, in the good way, it's a good weird.) LoL

8. elel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I wouldn't. It's never appealed to me. Even if it was legalized federally, I wouldn't smoke it.

9. robotman

LMFAO... How did I miss this :lol:

10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone in my class said they smoked coffee grinds. >.>

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Maybe, but probably not.

12. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm allergic to wood smoke, so I wouldn't want to risk it. Even if it wasn't for that, I still wouldn't because I just find it to be a big waste of money.

13. leer

I admit I used to smoke it a bit and it has its good points relax's you makes you feel good but it has allot more bad points
    it can be addictive ,lead to long term health problems.lead to mental illness mood swings
    My ex had a big weed habit and was the main reason we broke up I stooped soon after and last year I stopped smoking altogether .

14. delxneyydg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yup. Used to do it until recently, actually. There's no harm in doing it, chances are you won't get a random urge to go and do stupid shit, just chill in your room with your friends, really. Which is why if the U.S. wants to outlaw something, they should outlaw alcohol.

15. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would not smoke it. I'm just turned off by smoking in general so I wouldn't do it myself.

16. justjade

Dunno. Haven't had it in years. I probably won't.

But I might.

17. TheUglyBarnacle

Yeah, definitely. I think the rownies sound better, though.
    Still wanna try both at some point.

18. Destiel

I don't think so. I've grown up around it and I just didn't like the distant affect it put on my family when I was little. So no, I don't think I would.

19. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it would probably give me an asthma attack.

If it were legalized, I might try marijuana brownies once, just to see what they were like. I'm too afraid of breaking the law to do it now.

20. AAASAS

I have smoked a bit too much pot in my life.

Being a teenager in the country with no car leads to boredom leads to drugs. Not everyone can just better themselves everyday and accomplish something, a lot of people just like living, and unfortunately if you live in a desolate area, marijuana and alcohol are one of the only ways to get a "change". Without spending a tonne of money.

I'd personally rather I never smoked as much dope as I did, because I smoked a lot, and though it helped me get through some shit, it also killed my ambition, and helped me to fuck up in highschool.

It is something that should be legal, and kept away from teenagers, it is an ambition killer, a motivation killer, and makes you ok with doing nothing, which is alright if you are doing it temporarily, but it is too easy for some people to get sucked in and marijuana becomes the be all end all of life. They are not addicted in a physical sense, they have just become accustomed to smoking it before anything.

I don't know how it is in the U.S, but in Canada, it is not strange to know someone that is basically high all the time. Plenty of fully functioning adults are full-fledged pot heads, but the fact it has the potential to be damaging to a certain population makes it already a substance that would need to be heavily controlled.

It's just like alcohol, some people can drink it every once in a while and be ok, but the odd person let's it run their life. Though you can still maintain a job, and relationships as a pot head, it makes doing anything other than the essentials a tedious task for a lot.

I now only smoke with my friends every once and a while, and have lots of fun, and prefer it to alcohol, I don't get sick from it, and don't feel like crap in the morning, all I do is laugh and eat a bunch of food. That isn't a bad way to spend the odd day, it's really relaxing and just puts you in a goofy mood that a lot of people otherwise wouldn't let themselves fall into. It really does expose your childish immature side, which is good to be in touch with.

The addictive qualities aren't possessed by the plant, but by the person. Anyone that has smoked it knows it is a good time, or the majority of people, and for a lot of people that escape to a good time, is a better alternative to being sober. That's were people think it's addictive, it's more just regular people who prefer to be high because maybe they A)Lack the hobbies to keep occupied B) Don't laugh often when sober and C) Forget about their worries.

It can be addicting to be able to just hang out with your friends and laugh no matter what and be in a good mood after work or a shit day.

Again don't advocate it's use heavily, but it really isn't a big deal, I don't think the government should legalize anything harmful for your health though. But as long as cigarettes and alcohol and fast foods are legal, I think marijuana should be too, and a lot of other drugs too. It's all or nothing. Either let people do what they want to their bodies, or stop them from doing everything harmful, picking a few things and deeming them legal due to cultural and monetary reasons is ridiculous.