1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you ever smoke recreational marijuana?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skaros, Jan 17, 2014.

1. JouruKun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not see any problem with marijuana as long as the person smoking it is in the right state of mind to do so and knows the dangers that come with it. I have smoked marijuana three times and it did not do much for me. :icon_redf

2. gaymersofter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I have smoked marijuana on a few occasions, everyone has a slightly different experience. It depends on the person, and the strain of marijuana. Whenever I some it I feel like I'm spinning, like in an office chair, then spinning like doing front flips, then in all directions. I also feel happy and relaxed while this is going on. I also get "the munches". I also do feel and act as tho I've been drinking alcohol. Also in terms of "pot brownies" and other baked goods with marijuana, it tends to be more potent, due to eating the entire bud.

3. Tohru-Chan

Nope nope nope. I have not, and I will not. Mostly because I'm sure I'd like it too much and become addicted. which does happen. I know a few people who do pot and just can't stop.

4. Mysz

Yeah, this. I'm not the best at trying to stop doing something, be it drinking coffee or not studying. If I had pot and liked it, it'd be too hard to stop. It's good that people have the option in certain places, but it's their choice.

5. gaymersofter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. musicrebel

I wouldn't, but then again, I'm edge so an answer from me is not the best haha!

7. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    You should make a poll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And no I wouldn't because my lungs are shitty when it comes to smoke, seriously the other day I walked past some guy smoking and I was coughing for an hour and 45 minutes

8. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no interest in smoking pot, but I think the most dangerous thing about it has been making it illegal, which creates criminal enterprises and fills up the jails pointlessly as collateral damage of the War on Drugs.

9. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to, but was never hooked on it. I was able to quit just as easily as I started :slight_smile:

I was sort of forced to quit though, after my parents found my stash and nearly had me arrested :eek: Luckily for me, the police was busy with another drug investigation so they couldn't come to our house *Phew*

10. TheSeeker

I am from Colorado so... Yes. I have absolutely no problem with it and think that it was unfairly demonized by Nixon because he hated hippies... Besides, we'd probably feel that way about booze too if it was still illegal like it was in the 20s. I have smoked it, most of my friends have as well and they are still brilliant, sane people...

Yeah, GO CO!

11. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Probably not, I don't trust myself that I wouldn't get addicted to it. Plus I think it smells terrible from when some kids who smoked it in high school came to class after smoking it.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have tried it ... I think once. I wasn't impressed, nor did it do anything. I don't know. I'm not into drugs, weed, alcohol, tattoos, and piercings, but I do like sex.

13. Jwis

I used to smoke quite a bit when I was about 16-22, now not so much. I have no problem with it. I do it infrequently now, but enjoy it all the same when I do smoke it. I doubt I will ever give it up.

It has never caused me any problems in life, I have never gotten in trouble with the law or anyone else by smoking it.

14. setnyx

been there but...it was a waste of time and money. alcatel is my drug of choice. colt 45 with a shot of tequila.

15. apostrophied

It's okay, we'll forgive you the sex as long as you stay out of the other stuff. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But seriously, it's refreshing to see so many young people saying that pot just isn't worth it. Keep it up, guys! :grin:

16. VelvetEYES

I have smoked it. Would still do it but gotta be all professional and ish and maintain a real job to pay some real bills. Sucks. :icon_sad:

17. ndp

ndp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I smoked it in high school and college. I occasionally get to do it, still, but working/being in the "real world" has cut back on the frequency. It is not chemically addictive, and I find it helps streamline my thoughts if I'm dealing with lots of them at one time.

18. katwat

My ex was a big pot-head. I don't mean he was a recreational marijuana smoker, I mean a total pot-head. He WAS "addicted" to it but mainly because he was a very addictive type person. He was also an alcoholic and after I dumped him he became a crack addict. When I was with him I found out he was a MEAN drunk so I would never allow alcohol in the house. The pot did not bother me at first and I did smoke it with him occasionally for about three months. It was never my favorite thing because anything like that or alcohol where you lose control of your thought processes scares me. The thing that really got me to the point of "never again EVER" was when he bought some from a different person. I smoked maybe a fifth of one joint and was out of my head hallucination that night and was looped for a couple days afterward. I have no idea what it was laced with but it sure was laced with something a lot crazier than pot.

I am glad they are beginning to legalize and regulate it. I think it will be a whole lot safer for users and will lesson the strain on the jails for something. I do think they need to really ramp up DUI enforcement for any and all drugs including marijuana and alcohol.

19. Tried it. I don't like the weird, floaty feeling it gave me.

20. megaloveme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Eh, I didn't love it. I didn't feel good about myself when I smoked it (illegally, but I have no plans to do it again). It made me feel like... dull? I guess... I just like to be alert, and when I was high on marijuana I was just slow on the uptake for things. It would take me an extra minute or two to get the punchline of a joke that I would have immediately understood while sober.