1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you be upset if your family made you and your same sex lover sleep in separate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Would you be upset if your family made you and your same sex lover sleep in separ

Yeah, i would be really upset!

2. Beware Of You

Re: Would you be upset if your family made you and your same sex lover sleep in separ

I wouldn't my parents actually told me that it would be the same even if I wasn't homosexual, its just no sex under their roofs period.

3. ImTrying

IDK. My parents are very conservative Christian but I'm honestly not sure how they would react. Especially if I was legally married to my partner, since they don't agree homosexual marriage is legitimate anyway. After I told them I'm gay, they have let me sleep in the same room with my close female friend many times with no problem (which they would NEVER have allowed with my straight brother). They also let me sleep in the same room with my male friends (they are straight, but my parents wouldn't necessarily always know that for sure). I honestly think my parents just don't know what to do with me anymore LOL.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I'd be upset either way, and wouldn't be spending the night at their house.

5. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

My family is cool with that, but if they ever said that...."Well, that's why hotels exist. See ya!"

6. Foster

I can understand them not letting me sleep in the same room with my girlfriend while I'm under the age of 18 (if we assume that even if I was straight the rules would be the same). However, once I turn 18, I expect to be able to stay in the same room with my girlfriend if I visit family. If they said no, I'd get a hotel and be very offended.

7. i like rain

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

well considering i would usually sleep on a couch that can barley fit me no not really if there was a bed available and they had issues i'd just go to a hotel or something.
    though if it was the latter then no i wouldn't have that big of an issue, though i would queastion why it mattered to them.

8. C P

C P

That's pretty amusing, haha...about them not knowing what to do with you.

9. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

First situation I'd be upset and probably talk to them lol. And the second it's okay, they wouldn't be treating anyone differently, and I'd accept it, because you know, it's their house...

10. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I wouldn't mind.
    I prefer to sleep on my own- I can keep the blankets that way.
    Plus, other people tend to snore...

11. JustMe2602

I would be upset but I don't think my family would do that...
    My parents are seperated anyway so if one of them doesn't allow it, I could always try the other one.

12. KWDBM

The first thing that came to mind here is, their house their rules. If I'm staying at *anyone's* house, I'm company, it's their house, and I go along with whatever makes them feel comfortable. If it was my parents house, well they'd have every right to insist we sleep in separate rooms, if doing otherwise would make my parents uncomfortable. If we were too stubborn to do as asked, I guess we could find a motel.

However, if there were different rules being put forth for hetro couples and homosexual couples, no, that's not cool. As someone else said, if it's based on relationship status, like the straight couple has been married for years and the gay couple has only been dating a few months, I could understand that. Otherwise... No. The rules should be consistent no matter what the orientation.

13. ScatteredEarth

That would be a circumstance in which I would argue with my parents aggressively, which I rarely do, and few things would make me do that.

14. Oxelotl

I'd be upset either way, but if the first option happened I'd be extremely pissed off that my relationship isn't as important as anyone elses. But if everyone had to do it I wouldn't be angry. I'd be confused as to why.