1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has a non horror game ever had a moment that scared you

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by i like rain, Jan 10, 2014.

1. monotone

The shark in Vashj'ir?

2. Kael

Quite a few Metroid moments. Especially in Other M and Prime 3: Corruption.
    Ocarina of Time + Dead Hand + Wall Masters = Me screaming fuck off at my TV
    And... The Old Chateau in Pokemon Diamond really creeped me out when I was younger. And it still kinda does. Especially that little girl ghost.

Kael~

#42 Kael, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  3. Waffles

I remember having to shut off my PS3 while playing Journey. It was nice until the stone dragon came in and would eat your scarf... ngl I cried a bit. That shit was SCARY... and I still haven't picked the game up since. >3>

4. Oxelotl

I"m not sure if you'd consider Zelda: Majora's Mask to be a horror game, but one night I was stupidly playing it with the lights off, wind was blowing heavily outside and I was in the Ikana valley, and that music just freaked me the heck out. I was flipping.

And in LA Noire, when investigating one of the cases (I think on Homicide desk), your door knocking and one person jumps out the door with a Goblin mask, as he was playing with his kids. That made me jump pretty high.

5. gaynerd64

I was playing Sonic Heroes one night when Eggman said "It's way past your bedtime!" and then my Gamecube shut off.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If Super Mario 64 counts, the eel in Jolly Roger Bay and the piano in Boo's Haunt (?) come to mind.

7. moniker

when i was playing Heavy Rain, in which i'd spoil the game if i said it but here it goes anyway; this long pipe where Ethan has to go crawl inside and find a way out just gave me the creeps all the way while crawling. i don't know why but the darkness, closed narrow space along with the BGM just make it so...creepy. *goosebumps*

8. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  9. sandshoes

Like every game I play manage to do that more or less at some point, haha. Almost every game, not like Civilisation though, but I've nearly gotten heart attacks while playing like minecraft, skyrim, etc. Stuff in first person mode.

10. Camrok

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Every time I play minecraft and a skeleton pops out of nowhere, the noise of the arrow makes me nearly have a heart attack.

11. Oxelotl

Oh how could I forget the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time?! I found myself more freaked out by that then the Shadow Temple, and that place had Wallmasters!

12. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Basically EVERY game scares me when the camera glitches out and sticks inside of my character's head, revealing two disembodied eyeballs and floating teeth/tongue... Even typing it brings the visual to mind and it makes me shiver. Brrrr. It's even worse when the inside of your character's head is basically an inside out, mirrored version of what's on the outside. I've seriously had this happen too many times and it's all gajhskjhadjksnkjfewd.

And definitely Minecraft. I hate caves... And Endermen. ESPECIALLY Endermen.