1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do gays and bis think about sadist and masochists

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by terry chen, Jan 9, 2014.

1. WindSong

WindSong Guest

@ Hexagon: I am clearly not a S/M practitioner. But I am strongly concerned about minimizing pain and suffering, which is a very real human concern. It is if from that basis that I am speaking and that I will continue to speak, though we clearly hold very different views on this particular issue.

@ Aussie792: In issues where sex and violence are mixed together, I do strongly agree that mutual consent is a very important point. How that consent is forged and the history of the persons involved is a point I do consider as well.

@ Browncoat: What troubles me most on issues of S/M is its violent nature. I am presently working and studying in a field that emphasizes minimizing pain and suffering, and making patients feel as comfortable as humanly possible. So you could argue that my statement above is influenced by that, but I've also long been arguing against transphobia and homophobia in my everyday life with great support from medical and mental health fields as well if your point is that anti-gay arguments have eerily also looked for support from clinical health studies.

2. Cass

my boyfriend is a masochist, and i actually have a strange like to swich between being a sadist and a masochist, but me and him are only into lighter stuff, i wont go into details, ya'll don't want to know. what im trying to say is there are people in all sexualities that are into that type of sex, its not an orientation, its more of a fetish, or a sexual type, but not like the same as being gay, straight, lesbian, bisexual ect.

3. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wait, that's a joke? ur move

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2014 at 04:04 PM ----------

a sadist is someone who is sexually attracted to inflicting pain on someone, and a masochist is a someone who is sexually attracted to inflicting pain on themself

4. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, let me began by saying that there's a recent research that shows kinky people(saidst, masochist, dom and subs) have lesser anxiety and turn to be mroe consenting with their lover. it's a research by journal of sexual medicine BDSM Correlated With Better Mental Health, Says Study.. - YouTube And the whole trauma causes sadism and masochism is quite bullshitting,
    here's 2 phsychiatrical website, and neither one of them says that trauma could cause sadism or masochism.
    Sexual sadism - children, causes, DSM, functioning, therapy, person, people, used
    Sexual Sadism
    u would have to read the 2 to understand what im saying from here on, so if u dont have time to read them, then perhaps u could skip this post.

i think it is caused by 3 things
    1. association theory
    2. Co-morbidity
    3. genesa (maybe)

the first link would have told u guys that this researches are done mainaly on SEX OFFENDERS, so because of that it's not gonna be very fair. So among the 4 that theories that the second link showed u guys, i would only believe the ones that other people say to be so as well, or is also proven from what i observe. i believe that sadism and masochism are caused by Psychodynamic Theories or as i like to call it association theory, this is because it applies for many fetishes.CRAZY FETISHES!! - YouTube and i also believe that might be caused by Co-morbidity, sadism might be cause by masochism or transvestite, this is because on fetlife, i've seen a good doze of sadist who are also masochist and a good doze of them who are also transvestite, so yea, i've seen it for myself. the whole sadists might be caused by paraphillia trigger because 46% of them rape cant be true, because 5% of the world's population are sadist and 46% of 5% is 2.4%(im so asian, lol) yea... , so even if all rapist are sadist which is utter nonsence, and the rapist ro victim of rape ratio is 1:1 which isnt the case, because many rapist rape several time. i still dont think that the amount of peolpe who got raped would be up to 2.4% besides... rape isnt a paraphillia.

the amount of sadist there are in the world is 5% because "Kinsey et al (1953): determined that 3-12% of women and 10- 20% of men admitted to responding sexually to sadomasochistic narratives" if u get the average of 10-20 and plus average of 3-12 divide them by 2 u would get 11.25(sadomasochist population), presumuably that the population of sadist and masochist are the same, then 5.625% of the world's population would be sadist.

and we have actually already found a genetic cause for agolagnian masochist
    Algolagnia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    it's caused by genetic coding SCN9A ahh! that's one of the most beautiful genes ever.
    personally i would regard agolagnias as a type of masochist becasue both agolagnian masochist and subjective masochist enjoy pain, agolagnian masochists enjoy it because their nerve are different from ours, while subjective masochist like it cause they like the idea of being punched. now if agolagnian masochists are caused by genes, i would say that the possibility of sadist and subjective masochists being caused by genes are not low, however there are no researches i've seen that shows sadists and subjective masochists are caused by genes that i find to be a fair research. and i'll let u guys draw the conclusion on why there arent any.

i was quite skeptical (a mindset of thinking/analyzing and questioning information and claims, yes, that's what skeptical meant)l i have to say
    i tried my best to make my anaylize as neutral and scientific as possible
    damn i love science, it can help me debunk the arugument that we had trauma when we were young and that it's a choice and that we were mentally disturbed, even tho phsycologists(not scientists),phsychiatrists(scientists) and other scientists are not on our side. oh and sorry if i mentioned alot of disturbing stuff like rape :frowning2:

5. Hexagon

I'd like to repeat what others have said, which is that it isn't considered pain and suffering by the one receiving. It's considered pleasurable.

6. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, the key to SM is to give alot of pain without much injuries

as a sexual sadist we are attracted to the facial expression someone make when in pain, the wince and movement they make in pain and also the sound they make for example ah, and the person getting hit could simply act it.

there are things that give huge pain but very less injuries for example whips

and some people might want to roleplay, and say stuff like ahhh don't hurt me in such cases, almost all people would have something called a safe word,they would say that safeword to stop the sex or act, safewords could be like stuff like: red, freeze or George bush.

So with all these being said, we could see that sm is a relatively safe and consensual thing,

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2014 at 05:47 PM ----------

well, yea, there are times where the sadist wants to give more pain than the masochist want, but that doesnt happen so much, and is it better for a sadist to ubnconsentually whip a masochist once on the face on average once 3 week, eg: sadist whips on masochist's face, masochist go aww stop, he continues for 2ce more. or for that masochist to fantasize his/her whole life. wbecause without pain of someone else or our own, it's really boring, and some sadists and masochist cant go to climax in sex without it.

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2014 at 05:51 PM ----------

well, yea, obviously it's isnt an orientation, sexual orientaion is sexual and romantic attraction regarding gender/sex , sadism is an sexual attraction regarding pain. but neither is horndog( if u look at the 1st person, tightrope) who comment on this page. i post there simply so that in this discussion u guys know im a sadist that's all.

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2014 at 05:54 PM ----------

the later replies are more negative than the earlier ones. the earlier ones are more representative, and they seem to be on average in support of this. at later days, people who support sadist and masochist, would be all like meh, there's already alot of people who have told my opinion, i guess i wouldnt need to comment. so that might be why the later post are more negative.

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2014 at 06:03 PM ----------

realize that the gays turn to be more in favour than les, makes sense, which i had explain at page 1/2 and the bis, so the gays are all like:icon_bigg, les are half:icon_bigg half:frowning2:. and the bis.... well.. they turn to be us... the bis who said that they are sadist are masochist, in this forum are more than homos that said that they are sadist or masochists, i guess im too quick to judge. make sense tho, cause SMers are too picky, so in conpensation, we became lsesser picky in gender, before this forum, i dont know any gay SMers, but i do know 3 bi SMers. and hell even sadist and sadism is named after a bisexual person, marquis de sade. but this is just a hypothesis. i dont believe in this theory, and neither should, but i mean... it is possible,like said, im agnostic, i would only belive in something when giving legit prove. this is propabply comorbidity.

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2014 at 06:05 PM ----------

when i say co-morbidity i dont mean it in a disease sense, i mean sex population of sadist is 1:2 female to male, does that mean female and male are disease?: no hell no

7. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    btw thx for telling em tho, cause there was a time when i thought it is, and thus there a re others who think it might be

8. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, actually i didnt mean it's like co-morbidity at all, i didnt understand what it means so well

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2014 at 08:02 PM ----------

oh and btw this is a reply to cass

9. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

You're missing the point. People engaging in S&M practices does nothing to harm you, and when such practices are consensual does nothing but bring enjoyment to the people engaged in it.

It is a carbon copy of anti-gay rhetoric in that the notion of the consensual sex being somehow negative is only held by the person who claims it must be an "unhealthy" thing and therefore should never be practiced.

Try: "Homosexuality is a harmful practice that must be discouraged at all costs." Now just cut out the "homosexuality" part and put in "S&M practices" or whatever other consensual thing you want to rationalize your disgust for...sound familiar?

10. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I know, I suck. :frowning2: (I'm a switch. :grin:)

If I can get serious for a moment, I think the key word here for understanding S/M is catharsis. A lot of us (meaning, the human race in general) have some really deep-seated issues that traditional means of therapy seem unable to reach. Confusion is a common affliction, because life's so very complicated and overwhelming. In a dom/sub relationship, the roles are very clear-cut and comforting in their consistency. The lash (or whatever instrument of punishment is used) releases the feelings of guilt and inadequacy. It's very much a primal thing, hearkening back as it does to early childhood, when we would be spanked or punished for being naughty. Some of us still need that kind of handling (sub), some of us feel moved to give it (dom), and some of us are into both (switch).

11. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @ windsong the blue text are what she said
    What troubles me most on issues of S/M is its violent nature. I am presently working and studying in a field that emphasizes minimizing pain and suffering, and making patients feel as comfortable as humanly possible. So you could argue that my statement above is influenced by that, but I've also long been arguing against transphobia and homophobia in my everyday life with great support from medical and mental health fields as well if your point is that anti-gay arguments have eerily also looked for support from clinical health studies.

plz tell me how supporting us will disturb and sabotage ur field of study of miniminsing pain and suffering? u mean... me and my girlfriend have sadomasochism, so somehow... we would suddenly protest about banning pain killing medicines and numb injections? huh?! we would still realize that there are people who dont like pain, ok, besides pain to the operation extend isnt something the masochist want, now, imagine drilling u in the arm as 6 doze of pain, from 0 doze to 2 doze the masochist would have 80% of arousal, from 3 doze, it would be 90% 4th doze it would be 100%, and it arousal wouldnt increase from the 4th doze to 6th, in other words, operation pain would give the masochist wayyyy more pain than ordinary sadomasochism, but only a tiny tiny bit of more pleasure, same applies for the sadist.therefore the masochist would still use pain killer and numb injection btw the doze and percentage of arousal is just to bring out the concept, i donno the detail about arousal and pain, but u get the idea. and i think brown coat made alot of sense when he said it doesnt harm u, normally sadomasochist activist are taking about legallizing CONSENTUAL sadomasochism, not legalizing unconsentual punching u in the face

12. WindSong

WindSong Guest

Spoken like a true sadist.

13. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol

14. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    when i said human beings have a natural physch to want to make certain of things that we don't know( i meant religion, because one hell of a reason why religion was invented, is to make certainty of things that we are not certain of)

15. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Not into it, it would be a dealbreaker if my partner wanted to. But I don't see any issues with others doing so.

16. Au.Quicksilver

As long as it's not abuse, I'm fine. I'm protective of the rights of others, if I'm neutral or better with them. And if I ever had a partner that was into either, well then I won't have a choice to make. Not consiusly any way.

#56 Au.Quicksilver, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  17. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thx u guys for commenting, i feel much better, those are some really sweet and nice words i expected gays and bis to support us this much more to support us this much more than the general public, and u guys support us thiiiiiis much more than the general public. i;'ve basically got enough response, and people are also not commenting much nowadays, love u all :slight_smile:

18. Au.Quicksilver

Amen to that.

19. HarryPotterFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not my thing, it kind of creeps me out lol but I respect other people's sexual preferences. I used to think it meant that they must not respect people for doing things that can be degrading, but I'm older and wiser now and realise that you can have 100% respect for each other and enjoy mutually-consensual sex, no matter what that sex entails.

I think educating people, dispelling the misconceptions about BDSM and whatnot, is the way forward. Will it ever be common? I doubt it, not past a certain extent. But people might be able to accept it and understand it more.

#59 HarryPotterFan, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  20. paperbag

S/m holds more symbolic significance for me than sexual significance. Either way, it's none of my business as long as all members involved in the act are consenting to the actions they partake in.