1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out is Wonderful

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by vamonos, Jan 7, 2014.

1. vamonos

I've been coming out more day by day. It feels great. It's wonderful to be myself. I felt dishonest hiding my sexuality.

The most amazing thing about coming out, at least in my experience, is that nobody cares. I don't get any negative or hostile treatment. None.

It's not like there aren't lots of other gay people.

I have a good friend who's a lesbian. She's totally out. Seeing that it was no big deal to her made it easier for me be out, too.

2. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations!! Coming out is a big step. :grin: :grin: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I found it to be a wonderful feeling once I started doing it too even though I had been nervous to come out. I'm so glad you've only been met with positive reactions. It sounds like you have wonderful accepting friends and family.

3. Thunderlane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sadly this is the opposit for me despite positive and neutral reactions so far. I've always thought I would be relieved after coming out...but I realize I was confortable having a secret and now i feel like exposed, like everybody are looking at me like "the gay one" and nothing else. People ask me incredibly stupid questions ("When and how did you know?" Am I supposed to reply something "I had the revelation on the 23th day of September 2006"?). The fact that a guy I don't like recently started hitting on me doesn't help neither.
    Well... maybe I'm whinning for nothing.

4. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mixing in somewhere with the relief and the wonderful feeling and happiness was a time period of feeling extremely over exposed, and uncomfortable with that. Wondering if I would be "the gay one." The more comfortable I got with myself being gay the more that went away. So I was there too, Thunderlane, but eventually time made that easier.

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Best answer to a stupid question is a stupid question...

"When did you learn you were gay?", "I don't recall. When did you decide you were straight?"