1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationships: Type(s) of people you avoid?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChelleKandyland, Jan 6, 2014.

1. itsonlyrelative

Ugh yes! This is so annoying and it happens all the time just cause they want you to contradict them with a compliment.

I also can't stand people that spend entire conversations trying to "one up" people, almost like they are competing with you in the conversation. It just gets really annoying.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No offense to anyone here, but if I'm on a dating website and I see anyone talk about how much they love Jesus, I click away. I don't have to date someone who is Jewish like I am, but if you're that public about your Christian faith it's not going to work between us.

3. Capsaicin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Poor critical thinking. What's heard/seen/felt emotionally is the unquestioned truth.

4. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    Hunters and fishers. As a vegetarian they aren't getting near my tofu.

---------- Post added 6th Jan 2014 at 09:16 PM ----------

same. I'm ok with some but the minute you mention Jesus You will be on the road. And I would have trouble dating a republican

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And I wasn't even thinking of this one. I don't think I could hang with vegetarians, either. I love meat, poultry, and fish.

Add:

Narrow minded jocks who talk sports at least 80% of the time
    Ditzy girls and women
    Overly religious people
    Political extremists in either direction
    People who criticize me for being me

6. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd avoid irrational people, prejudiced people who aren't willing to change, vegetarians/vegans who won't let me eat meat in peace, "emotional thinker" types, crazy psychos, self-pitying emo people, and people who think I'm a girl.

I will not date political extremists; I'm more likely to punch them.

If they're radically left, as in Soviet Russia left (i.e. TERFs, radfems, and many Tumblr LGBTs) I won't date them.

Don't get me wrong. I like you guys because EC's cool and so are you, but I can only deal with so many buzzwords, SJWs (Shitty Justice Warriors), and generally over-inclusive and complicated vocabulary in a day- being stuck with someone like that is a big "heck no". Plus, I'm too libertarian for their reliance on the Government- they'd label me a right-wing extremist.

Rude.

And if they're one of those Santorum-esque conservatives, I won't date them. They bring a bad name to the right wing, and they tend to be ignorant douchebags who cherry-pick from the Bible and bastardize religion, conservatism, the South, and Republicans (and Libertarians to some extent since we tend to be associated with the right). Plus, they also rely too much on the Government, making them hypocrites.

#26 An Gentleman, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  7. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My taste vary a lot depending on what's going on n my own life I would say.

I won't date guys that are:

-Cocky, arrogant, high on their own supply cuz it's my job to be that way. The guys job is to look pretty for mama.
    -Rude, condescending, MACHO, literally macho guys can eat dirt and die.
    -Overweight. I don't make a big deal on looks, but this bugs me so I couldn't deal.
    -Overly intelligent cuz it makes him less relateable or under intelligent cuz it makes him less interesting.
    -Emo/depressing/whiney. I've had enough of that in my life especially from myself and now I want fun and carefree.

8. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I'm vegetarian (actually pescetarian/ eats fish and other seafoods) and I don't fish because I am seriously terrified of fish

9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Besides the obvious ones like being obnoxious, mean, and rude, I don't want someone clingy or who is unable to stand on their two feet, basically independent. I'm an introvert, so I need my alone time and don't want to be a babysitter.

I would also avoid intolerant people, and I take a fairly broad definition of intolerant, including those who are extremists on all political and religious/irreligious issues. Even things like how people mentioned diets in this thread, I would just like someone who's tolerant, no matter what their diet (growing up in an Indian Christian family has made me favor a lot of vegetarian dishes). Other things like racism would just be nonstarters.

10. CandyCutes

Out Status:
    A few people
    The scene crowd. I just... I can't, okay? Usually when you date them, they'll try to be romantic (and that's completely cool) but if you're like "Ah baby, you're the world to me, all of these songs on my Youtube playlist.. I dedicate them all to you♄" ALL. THE. TIME. I need some variation and lightness to a relationship!

Also, I can't handle the innocent needy people. They don't understand what space is, and when you say you need it, they get too worked up for their own good. >o>

11. Munyal

Obsessive liars, people who mistakenly think they're geniuses, and the obvious homophobes, sexists, racists, biphobes, etc.

12. thekillingmoon

Women who like to play mind games, are already in a relationship with a man/woman, overdramatic about everything, judgemental, rude, heavily into drinking or drugs (I'd want to be with someone who tries to lead a healthy lifestyle) and those who only want to experiment.

13. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are stealth individuals who appear normal, until they start laying guilt-trips on you and before you know it you're doing things you'd rather not.

14. XRay

lol whatever she said ^

Also, I would never be with someone who isn't tolerant toward others
    and try to avoid people who are too clingy

15. Foster

Haha, I've tried fishing with friends but I've never actually caught anything....

16. MightNeedThis

I try to stay away from ultra-gamers and pot heads. Most post heads just annoy me, I don't like to smoke and I don't need to be told that I should try it to decide if I do or not. And I dated an ultra-gamer once, i flew out to Idaho to be with him and there were like two days where he said virtually nothing to me. Except he asked me to make him lunch. and maybe some chit chat, but hardly any. I was pissed.

17. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Smart alecs, morons, abusive, players, achoholics, smokers, jerks, bigots, and people with a criminal record.

18. KWDBM

A lot of good answers in this thread that I definitely share. Stay away from abusive, discriminatory (towards gays, disabled, whatever), people who are jerks to others for no reason...

No married people! I won't be the "other woman". No one who shuns "modern medicine" and judges people who depend on it. No one who tries to push their religion in my face. I don't care if the person is religious, that's totally fine, but if that's all they talk about...

19. biggayguy

An egotistical know-it-all like Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory.

20. tscott

I have a problem with sceamers and whiners, users, obsessive gym rats, the self-absorbed, the intolerant...to name a few.