1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you want to know if someone was in love with you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WallWeed, Jan 6, 2014.

?

Would you want to know?

1. Yes, and I'd want them to tell me personally.

45 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. Yes, but I'd rather hear it from external sources.

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Yes (other reason).

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. No, it'd be painful and awkward for both parties involved.

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. No (other reason).

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just don't feel great about an ego boost at someone else's expense. I look at the whole thing as messy. If it's love from afar or unilateral love, it's not love. People who are in love communicate that amongst themselves, either verbally or through their actions when around each other.

2. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just won't know what to do. I don't have a crush on them, and I don't need to know. Don't tell me something that'll hurt you in the long run.

3. robotman

YES... I would want to know if someone liked or loved me... I mean I might like them aswell its just I never thought about them that way before until they told me lol.

4. KWDBM

I think it depends. If it's going to ruin our friendship or if they are going to be completely crushed that I don't reciprocate their feelings, then maybe it's better if it stays unsaid.

But if the person is prepared and okay with the possible different responses they may get from me (and that was hard to word correctly!), then why not? Having been on the other side for a long, torturous year, I know how much it hurts to be around someone and have to pretend, act normal, constantly watching yourself so you don't look at them too long or do anything that would seem strange... I know how hard that can be. If it would take tension away from that person to just get it out, I wouldn't mind knowing.

5. Capsaicin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dishonesty is one of my most despised traits, and while not saying you're in love is more of an omission it can have some of the same negatives. If it's problematic I want to hear about it. Period.

There's no way to know if I'm doing or saying things that are unintentionally hurtful, such as talking about my relationship problems to someone who has feelings for me, and if the friendship gets weird or distant I don't even get to know why or have any idea where to start with what's wrong. I hate the feeling of powerlessness as things that have been kept from me destroy what I care about a lot more than I hate awkwardness or a clean ending to a friendship.

Did I not notice when they really needed emotional support? Did I forget their birthday? Did I make a joke about something that's actually a deeply held belief of theirs? Are they depressed and letting their social life atrophy? Who knows.

#25 Capsaicin, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  6. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    definitely!
    unless they are some creepy old guy/ rapist

7. QueerQueen

I would definitely prefer them to tell me, but I would be a little put off if they said they were in love me.

8. Foxface

Being Bi, yes either way it'd work for me

But were I gay or straight and a member of the other sex opposite of my attraction was in love with me, yes I would definately want to know

I like honesty regardless of how it comes to me

Foxface

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would really want to know