1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personality Test (Short and Accurate?)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Escapist, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Harmony-seeking Idealists have a lively fantasy, often an almost clairvoyant intuition and are often very creative. Once they have tackled a project, they do everything in their power to achieve their goals. In everyday life, they often prove to be excellent problem solvers. They like to get to the root of things and have a natural curiosity and a thirst for knowledge. At the same time, they are practically oriented, well organised and in a position to tackle complex situations in a structured and carefully considered manner. When they concentrate on something, they do so one hundred percent - they often become so immersed in a task that they forget everything else around them. That is the secret of their often very large professional success.

As partners, harmony-seeking idealists are loyal and reliable; a permanent relationship is very important to them. They seldom fall in love head over heels nor do they like quick affairs. They sometimes find it very difficult to clearly show their affection although their feelings are deep and sincere. In as far as their circle of friends is concerned, their motto is: less is more! As far as new contacts are concerned, they are approachable to only a limited extent; they prefer to put their energy into just a few, close friendships. Their demands on friends and partners are very high. As they do not like conflicts, they hesitate for some time before raising unsatisfactory issues and, when they do, they make every effort not to hurt anyone as a result.

Adjectives that describe your type
    introverted, theoretical, emotional, planning, idealistic, harmony-seeking, understanding, peace-loving, sensitive, quiet, sympathetic, conscientious, dogged, complicated, inconspicuous, warm-hearted, complex, imaginative, inspiring, helpful, demanding, communicative, reserved, vulnerable

2. BlueModern

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The Groundbreaking Thinker

Groundbreaking Thinkers are charming, enthusiastic persons. They really bubble over with energy and like to take centre stage. They love variety both professionally and privately. Groundbreaking Thinkers tackle changes consistently with their optimism and firm belief in their own abilities; they are always on the look-out for improvement possibilities.

Sounds pretty accurate to me!

3. Tim

Tim

Apparently I'm The Reliable Realist.

This is actually insanely accurate apart from expecting a lot out of others.

4. kaypulu

Individualistic Doer, seems that I'm the first one so far to come up with this type...? I found the description very accurate.

I'll sum this one up;

Self-assured and very independent, quiet and realistic, very rational, extremely matter of fact people. They strongly cultivate their individualism and enjoy applying their abilities to new tasks. But they are also very spontaneous and impulsive persons who like to follow their sudden inspirations.

As friends, Individualistic Doers are loyal and devoted; they only have a few friendships but many of them last a lifetime. People enjoy talking to them because of their optimistic attitude to life and their ability to listen. However, they prefer to talk about mutual interests and hobbies rather than about theoretical or philosophical issues - they are not tangible enough for them. They need a lot of freedom and time to themselves in love relationships but, at the same time, they are also very tolerant towards their partners. It happens very seldom that Individualistic Doers fall head over heels in love. They are far too rational. Individualistic Doers are not particularly fond of effusive outbursts of emotion. It takes some time before this personality type is willing to get involved with another person.

adjectives:

introverted, practical, logical, spontaneous, adventurous, resolved, independent, fearless, loyal, analytical, realistic, optimistic, interested, quiet, curious, circumspect, individualistic, action-loving, venturesome, cool, dispassionate, reserved, skilful, confident, independent, communicative, down-to-earth

5. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The Individualistic Doer. So accurate.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Analytical thinker. It sounds correct as I am an INTP by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.

7. Sparklet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I’m the independent thinker. It seems to be pretty accurate.

8. timo

The Laid-back Doer

extroverted, practical, emotional, spontaneous, enthusiastic, friendly, playful, lively, talkative, nonchalant, tolerant, happy, pleasant, generous, flexible, wily, attractive, relationship-oriented, generous, adventurous, fun-loving, creative, helpful, action-loving, casual, sociable, open, sensitive, touchy, erratic, curious, noncommittal, action-loving

Laid-back Doers are friendly, happy persons. They enjoy being together with other people. Smart, eloquent, witty and charming, they like to be the centre of attraction. They do not like to be alone. Their zest for life ensures that others feel well in their company and that they quickly get to know people.

Laid-back Doers get the best out of every moment - many people of this type have a gift for making their whole life one big party. Boredom is unknown in their presence because they are very good at carrying others away with their enthusiasm, their good mood and their optimism.

Abstract thinking and profound philosophising about the meaning of life appeal less to Laid-back Doers. They are pragmatic, realistic and live completely in the here and now. At work too, they prefer it when it’s all go and they can act out their purposeful manner to the full. They have no problem handling several tasks at once and they blossom out in crisis situations! A varied field of activity with a lot of social contacts is just the right thing for them. One will also seldom find them inactive in their spare time; due to their open, curious nature, they mostly have many hobbies and interests. They are not afraid of the unknown: as they are flexible and creative, they quickly adjust to new situations and make the best of them. They sometimes come into conflict with strict rules or hierarchies by which they quickly feel constrained and against which they rebel.

As friends, Laid-back Doers are generous, helpful persons who attach great importance to harmonious relationships and a good atmosphere. Their sociable manner means that they have a large circle of friends and they love having the house full of many different types of guests. They are happy to give in to their spontaneous moods and fancies in the just one or two important things. This makes them appear somewhat unpredictable to those with a quieter nature. When it really matters, you can rely on them one hundred percent. As partners, they are creative, impetuous and imaginative - as long as their partner knows how to fascinate them. They can hardly stand boredom or routine in a relationship. They do not like conflicts at all; if a relationship becomes too strenuous or involves too much effort, they tend to withdraw from the partnership and start to look for a new partner. However, if one manages to keep their curiosity alive in the long term and surprise them again and again, one has a loyal and loving partner.

It's fairly accurate. Also - I can't believe I'm the first in 48 posts to get this result. I'm so unique.

9. starfish

I got Analytical Thinker

This is interesting. I have spend the past couple of days catching up on personal stuff I have put off way too long. One of them is house cleaning. I know this sounds a little arrogant, but I have decided that once I get all of my crap put away I am going to hire a cleaning service. It is a waste of time for me to spend my time cleaning my apartment, as it doesn't further my career or extracurricular pursuits.

I work in IT and my specialty is systems and storage. Unless there is an outage no one give a damn about it, you'll never see acknowledgement of your work. Several of my coworkers complain that the application, and database guys are always getting little awards. Doesn't bother me, as I've never cared about outside validation.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good point, resu. Being a reliable realist and an ISTJ probably is, as they say, two peas in a pod.

Add: I just took it again, and changed one of the options partway in, about being resilient to criticism, or being sensitive to it, and related stuff. I can get worked up on this stuff sometimes and avoid confrontation or fighting for an issue. It changed my reading to:

Good natured realist. Still a realist, though.

How many different types are there? I'm thinking 16.

#50 Tightrope, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  11. Simple Thoughts

Welcome to how I spend my days, but I've really been transitioning out of my argumentative nature. I don't feel as compelled to correct stupidity anymore. I just let things go because you can't make people see what's right in front of them. -.-'

12. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Good-natured Realist

Good-natured Realists are warm-hearted, helpful personalities. They do their work conscientiously and have a pronounced organising talent. They often feel they are committed to traditional values. The family in particular is extremely important to Good-natured Realists. Their greatest pleasure is making themselves useful and taking care of other people.

But they do not like pushing themselves to the fore; they prefer to fulfil their tasks out of the limelight. Good-natured Realists are real workaholics; they are very reliable and nothing is too much for them when it is a question of completing a project. Thoroughness, conscientiousness and sense of duty are their strongest points. They prefer established and familiar situations to new and unknown situations.

In dealing with others, Good-natured Realists are considerate and obliging; they are always happy to put aside their own requirements in the interest of their family and friends. Their home is mostly very well cared-for, cosy and tidy. Their perfectionism on the one hand and their aversion to delegating tasks on the other hand often lead to them taking on too much both professionally and privately. They cannot stand discord; conflicts make them very unhappy. One could almost describe them as being harmony-addicted - and this sometimes leads them to strongly neglecting themselves and their own wishes because they are unable to bring themselves to put up a fight.

introverted, practical, emotional, planning, tradition-conscious, good-natured, self-sacrificing, caring, devoted, friendly, loyal, considerate, reliable, conscientious, loving, quiet, reserved, modest, helpful, objective, hard-working, warm-hearted, communicative, painstaking, altruistic

I'd say this is pretty accurate.

#52 Strathclyder, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  13. Hexagon

Yeah, it's a sad sad thing, that. I've been becoming less argumentative as well. I still enjoy the occasional debate, but mostly I just say sarcastic things during other people's debates when someone say something particularly stupid.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Energetic Doer

15. Iodine

Out Status:
    All but family
    Analytical Thinker is what I got. I've taken quite a few tests like this and this (or something like it) is usually my result. It's either INTP or this one.

16. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably, and they probably stole all those questions from MBTI tests, just changing the names of the personalities.

17. Simple Thoughts

I always really wanted to have a discussion though. I don't like arguments so much as a meaningful discussion where you can achieve some kind of compromise between two people, but that's basically impossible with people anymore so I gave up on it.

I do occasionally still argue with people, it is certainly fun as a from time to time sort of deal :slight_smile:

18. girlonfire

I got "Analytical Thinker." Seems about right.

19. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spontaneous Idealists are creative, lively and open-minded persons. They are humorous and dispose of a contagious zest for life. Their enthusiasm and sparkling energy inspires others and sweeps them along. They enjoy being together with other people and often have an uncanny intuition for their motivations and potential.

Spontaneous Idealists are masters of communication and very amusing and gifted entertainers. Fun and variety are guaranteed when they are around. However, they are sometimes somewhat too impulsive in dealing with others and can hurt people without really meaning to do so, due to their direct and sometimes critical nature.

This personality type is a keen and alert observer; they miss nothing which is going on around them. In extreme cases, they tend to be oversensitive and exaggeratedly alert and are inwardly always ready to jump. Life for them is an exciting drama full of emotionality. However, they quickly become bored when things repeat themselves and too much detailed work and care is required. Their creativity, their imaginativeness and their originality become most noticeable when developing new projects and ideas - they then leave the meticulous implementation of the whole to others. On the whole, Spontaneous Idealists attach great value to their inner and outward independence and do not like accepting a subordinate role. They therefore have problems with hierarchies and authorities.

Sounds like me.

20. Skov

I got the Independent Thinker. It seems spot on. Really reminds me of a Myers Briggs test.