1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Green Bay Packer QB Aaron Rogers potentially gay??

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pat, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Jeph

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Apparently Kevin was a) a roommate b) his personal assistant, and c) his friend.

That's quite a lot of roles in one, and one heck of a cover for spending a LOT of time together while barely raising suspicion.

What other NFL player has a live-in male assistant/friend?

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So do I. It's because people are insecure and have to put someone successful, conventional, and attractive down. I don't know if you recall or not, but Steve Young of the 49ers caught quite a bit of flak for taking TOO LONG to settle down and get married.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think Kevin Lanflisi should clarify the situation. He's the one who's been dropping the hints, so he should explain himself or at least apologize for fueling rumors. The only person who should out, if he is gay/bi, Aaron Rodgers is himself.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Even though I'm not invested in this, saying it three times is kind of excessive. Generally speaking, the more vociferous one is about it, the more one wonders "what's that all about?"

5. Jeph

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Explaining" the situation might do worse if Rodgers is indeed gay, and might accidentally out him. Anything other than an outright denial will only fuel more rumors. He should not post any more cryptic tweets and let Rodgers figure it out for himself.

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2014 at 11:58 AM ----------

According to news sources, he only said "really" twice. "I really, really like women." Still excessive if you ask me. :lol:

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. Jeph

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well he's no Tom Brady pretty, but he is still built like a football player and looks quite masculine to me. :grin:

That's besides the point, though. A star quarterback like Rodgers coming out gay would send shock waves through the NFL and the sports world in general.

8. Pat

Pat

lmao. Yeah, Aaron Rogers isn't handsome at all to me, but the guy he's supposedly fooling with sure is lol! And yeah, I agree that him having all those roles in his life is just odd.. and there was a picture of him wearing his superbowl ring. lol. Idk, I hate to say what's odd, but that shit's odd. And I think the longer the guy is silent, the more likely it is that something WAS going on. Let's not forget that the other guy would definitely want to get his name out of the discussion as quickly as possible if he's straight or gay and not involved with his straight best friend. If the Kevin guy never says anything, then I'll know he's gay because to me that would suggest he's been told to be quiet. And this tweet is totally interesting from the Kevin dude.. "All that time spent on "us" is now spent on "me." Which means I have more time to exercise, read, write, dream and save.." And from other things I've seen.. this guy is implying that he's straight. So I don't know why he wouldn't clear this up for Aaron and himself asap.

#28 Pat, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, this guy isn't pretty, but he's good looking in that jerky football player kind of way:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d5/da/7f/d5da7f426f803d34278ec8c5cd183ea0.jpg

I'd be willing to be most of them are serious jerks anyway. Ever known a professional athlete who wasn't or isn't, unless he or she was gay or lesbian, and that was a mitigating factor to infuse some humility?

10. blueberrymuffin

I almost think with the way gay athletes are refusing to come out, it will take one being caught red handed for this to ever change. If even Te'o will deny it in face of so much evidence to contrary, makes me think that sports is way too homophobic to possibly root for.

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2014 at 07:30 PM ----------

No it would be easiest for them. Like he's going to get cut for it? If anyone's going to do it...

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Folks, we should be waiting to see how the Alan Gendreau (college player) situation shakes out. I think he's a good kid. I wish him well. It's 2014 today but, in the world of some professional sports, progress hasn't been particularly rapid.

12. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think Alan Gendreau's a long shot as far as getting into the NFL goes. He's an average kicker, he's been out of the game for a while and I'm not sure there's that many teams that are desperate for kicker at this point.

EDIT: It would be nice if a team picked him up but I think pinning hopes on him is going to end in disappointment.

13. Pat

Pat

Kickers are treated like outcasts in the locker room... I don't think a gay kicker would surprise, nor inspire skill position players to come out. That sounds harsh, but it's the reality of the sport.

[/COLOR]
    No it would be easiest for them. Like he's going to get cut for it? If anyone's going to do it...[/QUOTE]

He's a quarterback in Wisconsin. I don't think his job would be in jeopardy per se, but his safety, sanity, among other things would definitely take a hit. Football is our manliest sport in my opinion. Speaking of the US. Other than MMA, of course.

14. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I read that quote from Rogers I thought it sounded strained too. I don't wish for him or anyone to be in this situation. If he is gay and didn't want any suspicion about that, he should have been more careful about his roommate selection and made his female exploits more public.

I will never understand guys (not that Rogers is for sure one of them) who are gay and think they can get away with maintaining a straight facade while fooling around with guys. If you're gay and don't want to come out, fine, but don't have sex with guys while you string women along on your charade. I know things were different in previous generations, but it shouldn't be this way anymore.

#34 mnguy, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  15. blueberrymuffin

Well what's more disappointing to me is even on "liberal" college campuses, not a single openly gay football player. That's because they all want NFL careers, so until someone has the courage to step out in the NFL, those younger players like Te'o will continue to suffer and come up with absurd beards as well.