1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age differences

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NaNtastic, Dec 29, 2013.

?

So what are you looking for?

1. I'm young and looking for people of my own age.

47 vote(s)
    48.5%
  2. I'm young and looking for people older than me.

18 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. I'm older ander looking for people of my own age.

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. I'm older and looking for younger people.

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. None of the above, I could love everyone!

26 vote(s)
    26.8%
  1. Siarad

I have no idea if 28 counts as young or not! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But right now I would probably like a relationship with someone about 2 - 5 years older than me, because I haven't had a sexual relationship yet and I feel it would be weird to be 'taught' about lesbian sexuality by someone younger and any older than 10 years older might feel like being exploited.

2. NaNtastic

NaNtastic Guest

Exactly my thoughts man! But right now there's one vote for and older person looking for younger. We might have to battle eachother now :badgrin:

3. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Guys who are older than 28 or so are a huge turn off for me. I want someone who is very close to my own age. my mom and dad are within 8 months of each other and Id like my future BF to be close in age as well.

4. Nikky DoUrden

I would only be with people my own age group, even though when I get older that age group is getting higher so I don't know lol

5. arcchi

Whatever if she/he's older, younger or the same age, but we cant have a big gap betwen our ages...

6. BudderMC

Because older people looking for younger people immediately get pegged as "creeps" and "pedophiles". It's a major double standard, regardless of one's opinion on relationships with large differences in age.

I'm looking for someone around my age. I'm pretty mature for my age and I see the appeal of wanting someone mature as well, but that doesn't mean I want someone who has more (and significantly different, chronologically) life experiences than I do. I want to talk to someone relatable, and I'm likely not going to relate well to someone my dad's age.

7. Hexagon

Another thing about dating an older person... if that person were to be 30 years older than me, what would that mean for a long term relationship/marriage. That my partner is likely to die 30 years before me?

8. Huma

I'm usually always falling for older women. I could love anyone but maturity arouses me more than anything! :love:

9. robotman

I can see myself going out with someone the same age as me (20) and see myself go out with someone double my age (40). It really depends on how they are, if they are nice and what they look like. I am not the type of person to be like "omg, you are older than me, we can't go out" lol.

10. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Eh, I couldn't really vote in your poll cause the answers are too vague and limiting. I'm looking for someone around my age group, so maybe plus or minus 4 or 5 years. Basically early to mid 20s. Whether they are younger or older in age matters less than whether they have the maturity level I am looking for, because I've found that the number is really a poor predictor of an individual's maturity. I do like guys who are younger-looking, like myself. But I've gone out with 18-year-olds and found their lack of maturity was re-enforcing my own lack of maturity, so I am looking for someone with more maturity to hopefully rub off on me and give me some stability in my life.

11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not looking for anyone as I'm already taken.

To answer the question, my boyfriend is younger, but by two and a half weeks. I was born on February 28, he was born on March 16.

12. im younger and i usually tend to like older.

but it wouldnt matter if i really liked someone and they were younger than me.
    28 would be my cut off point for now though i dont think id have the same life goals as someone who is 30. i could be wrong though.

13. Oxelotl

I'd prefer someone who's about my age, give or take a few years. I don't want there to be some big generation gap, and plus I'd feel closer if we were the same age, because we experienced experiences approx the same time etc etc.

Of course saying that who knows what will happen. I could end up dating someone 20 years older or younger (20 years younger only when I'm 25 years older of course)

14. WindSong

WindSong Guest

I'd feel more compatible with a lower age limit of 25 and upper age limit of infinity...

15. justjade

Age isn't really a big deal to me. I mean, yeah, it might be weird dating someone who's old enough to be my dad, but I was seriously interested in a guy 20 years older than I was at the time. Anything could happen, I guess.

16. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All but one of my relationships have been with someone older than me. My HS GF was about a year older (though we were in the same grade), the next woman I dated was about 6 years older (I was about 20, she was about 26), and that relationship would have probably lasted much longer had she not moved 2h away, my most recent girlfriend was about a decade older than me (I was 26 at the time). Now, on to the guys. A couple years ago I was set up with the one gay guy I play poker with. Relationship was n't going to work out, and this was recognized quickly, he was about 5 years older than me. Then, on to the younger relationships - I was about 30, went out with a guy that was 22, met him at the bar, and took a couple dates, and realized that wasn't going to work. (Except for his skin color, he fit the description of a twink to a T, including personality) After that guy, there was one more younger guy a decade younger than me that I met on a certain hookup app that I went on a couple dates with, and realized there was too much of a gap for us to have that type of relationship. We still chat occasionally.

I suppose I could sum it up with age gaps can sometimes work, or they can be trouble, but compatibility matters most

17. toushirojaylee

I like women older than me (23 up). But I'm fine with younger women too as long as they are matured im good with it. xD It's just that I don't like to play games anymore and I would like to settle down at this age. So I'm looking for a partner who is mature enough to plan the future with me..xD

18. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can find older people attractive, but if an older person (more than three years at my age) were interested in me, then that'd be really unsuitable, because it'd be exploitative. It's a catch-22 situation; if they're not interested in me, then they're technically suitable, but if they are, they're not really trustworthy or ethical.

I'm patient. If I can't find a guy my age who suits me, then I'll wait until I'm older. I don't like a lot of teenagers (I hate alcohol and any other drugs), so I'll bide my time. I don't need a relationship for the sake of a relationship.

19. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me its all about the maturity level.

20. AmityRanch

I love older guys (as my orientation clearly points out).
    Aside from the fact I just happen to be attracted to older dudes, and can't really help that fact, I do like the idea of having someone of a totally different background.
    For whatever reason though, most people seem to think that means we won't be able to relate to each other just because of that fact? I always found that to be a rather odd deduction.

"Oh, he grew up with a different genre of music than me, we'll never be able to have a proper conversation ever! T_T"
    Seriously, get real you guys. It's not that hard to find a common interest with your partner.
    Ever consider, I dunno, actually talking to them or something?
    Weird.

:EDIT:
    It's funny you should mention the whole 'missing father' thing influencing your sexuallity, because I have a healthy relationship with my dad, and I'm still attracted to who.

So that's cool, I guess.

#40 AmityRanch, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013