1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii motherfucking U

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Batman, Dec 23, 2013.

1. C P

C P

Checking in as another person who loves the Wii U and hopes it starts picking up more steam. I love the controller honestly and it really is comfortable.

2. Just Jess

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am Locutus of Borg. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to ours. Resistance is futile.

Riker (me in this case) : like hell it is!:eusa_naug

4. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do wish they had some sort of material to protect the screen. I know there are screen protectors but with all the technology advancements which have been made...I do wish they could have made it scratch proof.

In addition I do dislike how you cannot purchase the controller separately.

5. kaypulu

Oooooh my god the Wii U ♥___♥ yes!

Let me just say that I was totally against motion control and the last generation consoles. Like I still don't even know how to operate an xbox 360 controller. My jams were definitely Genesis, N64 and PS2. But where X360 and PS3 felt just like a bit too douchey and ''graphics rule lolz'', Wii and motion control definitely broke my heart. And the casual sports games and the further embarrasment of Sonic and oh just stop.

BUT WII U, Maaaaaaaaaaaaan. Oh man. Mindblowing. It's like I've been reborn or something.

The games look sooooo nice, and I really don't care about the graphics too much, but they just look so damn good. They have found the perfect balance between the actual game and the motion control. The community is super fun (for example the tingle-messages in bottles in Windwaker and the whole draw/like/comment deal)

The titles they have released have been amazing: the HD remake of Windwaker, New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 3D WORLD - talk about the best game of the year!!! I just want to cry when I hear that bad ass castle music or double cherry pass and that LEVEL DESIGN, replayability, creativity, challenge, variety... Captain Toad level's, I mean, I just love it. Galaxy doesn't stand a chance compared to this one. And to name some multiplatform games, Rayman Legends should not be bought for any other console than this one. And the Luigi add-on for Mario Bros. And and and and and... Thanks to WiiU I've had so much fun playing with my older brother this last year.

I feel so whole to be with an old friend after the longest period of time ever. I can't wait for the smash brosh it looks so damn kickass! gGGGAAAAHhh!!!!! It's a shame though that there won't be anymore F-Zero games, the F-Zero X was so revolutionary and that mother effing soundtrack, ohhhh I miss it.

I like to think that Wiiu is kind of a second chance for Wii/Nintendo. Almost every single Wii game sucks because their heads were up in their asses with all that ''ooh lets make a game where you have to stick the controller in your armpit and wiggle your but ooh (I don't fucking know) and oh.. what kind of game we could build around that? well who gives a fuck about the story, am I right?'' motion-control-over-the-actual-fucking-game ordeal. There are some good games, but any co-op game like donkey kong country returns or super mario bros wii hasn't been as good as the co-op games on Wii U. They are good, but they could've been better.

So I do find Wii U very lovely, oh yes I do. And thank's to it I've started to appreciate Wii and motion control and the other 7th generation consoles. I even bought a PS3 for myself and the move for it.

To answer the original question though, why the rocky start.. Many people who own Wii own it just for Wii Sports, or something like that, and they don't care to move on to the Wii U. People seem to just shrug it off as a Wii with a touchpad, which it obviously is not. It might have something to do with 3DS or just the whole motion control thing that you can avoid with PS and XBOX. I guess that people simply don't see what it really has to offer.

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2013 at 12:37 AM ----------

I believe it has been said somewhere that there won't ever be another F-Zero again. Ever. The developers felt that they had accomplished everything they had wanted for that game with GX. It's a shame, but it's wise to stop when you've reached your top.

And there surely will be another Zelda game other than the HD of Windwaker (which actually is amazing). Comparing the Wii launch titles with the Wii U's you'll see that it's basically the same thing: Wii's launch titles included Twilight Princess, which was also a game cube game. And when it comes to other titles, there wasn't even any mario game for the Wii at the launch (or infact, any good came at all)

But I totally agree with lylat wars and metroid (and f-zero if it was possible), that'd be so good. Oh what they could do with Lylat Wars on Wii U, I've tried to imagine that and it could be perfect.

6. CrimsonThunder

I used to like Nintendo, then they created the Wii.

I can't believe they didn't learn from their mistakes from the first Wii, terrible third party support due to a low powered system so what do they do?.... The exact same thing, again.

7. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OH PLEASE!

They made tons of improvements! Nintendo added two screens! (!)

8. CrimsonThunder

Don't get me started on the second screen, it distracts you from the game and it is a gimmick, completely unnecessary.

9. Hysteria

The only reason I'd like a Wii U is to play the new Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8. I think Nintendo should have waited another year to launch the console, because there was little incentive to buy it in its first year.

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think Mr. Monday was being sarcastic.

11. CrimsonThunder

I don't think so.

12. I completely agree with this.

13. CrimsonThunder

:thumbsup:

Sometimes more is not always better. The last thing you want to do while playing a game is look down at your controller.

14. Again, I have to agree with you. I actually own a Wii U and I must say that I personally find the gamepad useless, it's distracting like hell. I don't even use it in games anymore, I use a normal controller. :thumbsup:

However, my opinion on the U might be biased since i'm more of a pc gamer.

15. Tracks

I don't have a wii u or 3ds yet. I want to like them. I want to believe in Nintendo. It looks like the system is getting some interesting exclusives, but where are the great games? Where are the innovative franchises? I know that this is sort of how a Nintendo life cycle sorta runs but still...

16. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The good thing about Wii U is someone has hacked it,and managed to stream PC onto it.

How to reverse engineer a Wii U GamePad for PC streaming | Joystiq

I've got to say,although I didn't like the Wii because it didn't have my favourite games in it (all of which are on PS3/PC) , it had lots of potential and showed us by selling millions upon millions.

The problem with the Wii U is that it is trying to be a next gen console , and at the moment, that spot is reserved for Microsoft and Sony.

You can't attempt to go from a Nintendo Wii to a NEXT GEN console which can compete with PS4 and XBone.

It has done a good job, but it's "family" marketing for the Nintendo Wii has more or less doomed the Wii U to have to make an extra effort to even attempt to compete with Sony and Microsoft, nevertheless be popular with hardcore next gen gamers.

17. Naren

Came here for thread title (Wii Motherfucking U), expected huge rant about something or other. Ah well. I can't understand the hate either, maybe because it's Nintendo?

18. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm..just looked this up. Looks like it's a Nintendo exclusive. Damn. That's too bad because Bayonetta was awesome.

Anyway, to the subject at hand. When I was little I had a Sega Genesis and it still is(although mine is long gone somewhere) one of the best consoles I ever owned. Then Sega failed mightily and broke my heart.

On to the Nintendo 64, another amazing console. Loved it so much that when the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation came along I went with GameCube. I liked certain aspects and one of my favorite games of all time, Eternal Darkness, is a system exclusive. But except for the Nintendo powerhouses(Mario, Zelda, Super Smash, etc.) the system didn't seem to have the games I wanted to play. Towards the end of this gen I was an upperclassman in high school and I felt like alot of the games were geared toward's people younger than me.

As for the Wii U/Nintendo in general, I feel like Nintendo has done too much of this "look what's behind your ear!" kinda gimmicks. Motion Control, tiny little game discs, etc. to distract from the fact that they were falling behind to Sony and Microsoft. This sentiment left me feeling left behind by Nintendo as well so when the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii gen came out, I got a 360. This was mainly because I played Xbox(the first one) with alot of my friends during high school/college. Now, I'm not a huge Microsoft fan(esp. in recent years) and I know they're in it for the money, not the gamers. When ever I turn my 360 on I hear the Imperial them from Star Wars in my head. However, it does carry alot of titles I want to play, and Nintendo, while it has some great titles, doesn't.

19. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I don't understand this opinion. "Bayonetta is awesome. But I'm not going to get a Nintendo console for it. " If a game I loved was on a console I didn't have I would go buy it.

20. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ to be fair, I'm not going to get any next-gen console for awhile, least till prices come down. Also, as much as I love that game, I can't see spending 100s of dollars for just one game.