If homosexuality is illegal in your country would you risk it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

The horrific laws introduced in Uganda have got me thinking, if such a law was introduced in your country, would you risk it? Would you risk your freedom for the chance of finding love even in a society where its seen as an ultimate taboo?

In my opinion I would, it reminds me of the saying that a life without love isn't a life at all, I would rather have love for a while and then get locked up knowing that someone loves me than living a lonely life on my own with no prospect of love in it, its hardly freedom in a spiritual sense

2. if they enacted such laws in my nation - I would not have a relationship with anyone, actually what I woudl do is be part of a special group

in this group I would only know the actual names of two other people. I am not certain everyone understands the implications of what I have just said.

In plain words - I become a terrorist.

3. Richie.

Depends on the consequences.

Death sentence no I wouldn't. Life is worth living. Or I would leave the country.

4. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if this applies, because it's not illegal in the US, but it is about risk, the ultimate risk. I know a woman in the U.S. whose family arranged a marriage for her. She has no sexual desire for her husband, so she just lays in bed and lets him screw her, or if he wants something else, she'll do it for him, so she can fulfill her "wifely duties" to her husband. She also see's a woman on the side. Since it's not another man, it is easier for her to do this than if she were associating with a man. She indicated that her husband probably even knows, but is okay with it. She absolutely cannot come out or leave her husband for a woman though, because his or even her own family would have her severly beaten or killed (honor killing) It doesn't matter that she's in the U.S., they'd still do it, or have it done. To me, that would be worse than the government throwing you in jail for not being straight.

5. wowiemio

I live in a country where homosexuality is illegal. Punishment for being gay (according to the law it's an act of debauchery) can be up to 15 years in prison.
    I have a boyfriend, we have been together for 3 years now, we don't live together out of fear of drawing attention to us

6. sparkly glasses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I could live (unhappily) without having a relationship but there's no way I could spent a whole lifetime hiding who I am. If my past experience of not being totally open in a far less hostile experience is anything to go by then I'd rather die than pretend to be straight my whole life.

7. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I would.

8. Data

Data Guest

Nope.

I'd move at the first chance given.

It isn't worth it in my opinion. I've gone almost 7 years since first having sexual urges. I could go forever if I had to.

9. The username

I'd get the hell out.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most people would try to leave that country. A lot of people who have left parts of Asia, the Middle East, and Africa finally grow accustomed to having sexual freedom in the West, though they may still have hangups.

However, if they couldn't, more people than not would act on it. I think what happens is that friendships which are very clandestine, after a long period of ascertaining someone has similar interests, may involve releasing sexual tension and carried out in a setting that is not easily monitored. If they get caught, the consequences can be dire. This thread reminds me of the photo of those two younger guys in Iran who were hooded and hanging. Disturbing.