1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just me or others too? :')

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jessica79, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Nikky DoUrden

And then god created the "Firefox Private Browsing" :icon_bigg

2. Rainbow Girl

Yeah, I took me a couple of months to work up the nerve to join.

3. Satoru

I actually signed up here before, but I didn't use it after the first post and took several months to sign up again a post here. I am kinda afraid that someone will know who I am because of the posts I have made, that is why I don't publicly display my general location.

4. PurpleGrey

My biggest worry is my dad finding out I'm on here by borrowing this computer and seeing the site in my url stuff. I don't know how to erase those, so...
    But he has his own computer, a better one, so I'm not as worried, but he might have a look anyway, like dads do. I just hope he respects my privacy as an adult and leaves it alone.

5. person57

You're definitely not the only one:slight_smile:

6. Orphenox

Orphenox Guest

I'm worried about people seeing me use this site too - its dumb, but i guess i want them to find out about me when i tell them, and not jsut stumble onto it :slight_smile:

Let me just say, Chrome's "incognito" windows are god's gift to teenagers :wink:

7. binda94

nah i can totally relate and someone did find out coz they took my phone in school when i was posting and put it on facebook

8. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think the community I'm from people will be searching for things like this.

9. ninerw

I am terrified of you guys, mainly because I have told people about my questioning before and had it used against me. So I am hesitant to open the doors and let everything out. This site is cool though because you know me, but you wouldn't be able to pick me out of a crowd, and sometimes getting lost in the crowd is a good thing.

10. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You still call it "the forum", lol. My sister saw me on it the other day and I said it was Reddit.

I was nervous about joining even though I had heard good things about it, for almost a year. It took 2 or 3 times of me entering information to the sign in page for me to press enter.

11. Silver Sparrow

I was definitely afraid that someone would recognize my writing style and out me.

12. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was (and still am at times) paranoid of certain people finding me on this site. Logic soon set in however and I'm ever so careful about my search history so my paranoia is at the minimum.

13. arcchi

I had no problem to sign in, but I'm still a little terrified about it. I tryed to put a photograph in my wall thousands of times but that voice always come to my mind "hey, they will find you!" and I decline. The funny thing is that I live in Brazil and the most of my friends dont talk in english, but there are 3 ones that are really capable to find EC.....

14. benjy497

benjy497 Guest

Since I was seeking advice for a very personal matter when I first signed in, I had some fearful thoughts about other gay people I knew figuring out who was asking (me, huh!). But it took less than a day to not make such a big deal about it anymore. I even feel a little bit pathetic for being that paranoid. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. RainbowMan

Well, one would hope it'd be called Full Cages if it were about cute animals :grin:. We wouldn't want them escaping now, would we? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously, I used to be afraid, would browse in incognito and whatnot (and still do on my laptop which I use for a program that I mentor high school kids - they don't need to know about my sexuality, it's wholly irrelevant). Though if they went through my email and stuff they'd pretty easily find out :slight_smile:

That said, if any of them are on this forum, then good for them. I don't care if people on this forum know who I am. I'd just prefer certain people not on the forum not know :grin:

16. sparkly glasses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Paranoia that someone would recognise me when I wasn't out was one of the reasons I stopped using the site before. It felt daring to even tick a box saying I wasn't straight at the time. Really wish I'd kept on posting as I'm sure I could have got a lot out of it.

This time I actively looked for it although I don't post as often as I'd like because it just doesn't look so good and isn't easy to post from my phone.

17. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Negative.

18. Wildfyre

Wildfyre Guest

Yep. Read the site but didn't make an account for ages.

19. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i wasnt worried cus:
    *a. i was going to make my account as anonomous as possible
    *b.there was no chance of me meeting anyone on here i knew
    *c. and the plan was to abandon this account if i did meet anyone i knew:slight_smile:

20. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also joined almost immediately. The concern that someone I know would find out that I post here only came after I registered... and I guess it's too late, now. XD