1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the rules

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by MaineBiGuy, Dec 16, 2013.

1. MaineBiGuy

MaineBiGuy Guest

Hey there, admins! How's it going?

I have a question regarding the rules of the forum.

Is adult language allowed? I know, if you can't think of another word for how to describe something, you need to pick up a book more often. Sometimes, no other word or words can bring home the point you're trying to make quite like a "bad word".

What about using the names of certain items you might find in someone's top dresser drawer or clandestine hollowed-out book, their uses and related practices? (ie, pegging, dildo, cock ring, rimming, facial, etc.)?

Guess that's all I have for now.

oh, illicit or psychoactive substances whether procured legally (if the substance is legal like alcohol or in some stares, marijuana or obtained through prescription) or illegal substances like LSD, peyote, marijuana (in most states), coke or meth? Are we allowed to talk about them or use imagery such as a cannabis leaf for an icon or something?

Mike

#1 MaineBiGuy, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

First of all, thanks for being proactive enough to ask about this. It's something the staff really appreciates. :slight_smile:

Hell yeah! As long as you don't go overboard with and post posts where every fifth word is a profanity, and as long as you don't swear at other members (that'll usually push a post into being a personal attack, which is against the rules), it won't be an issue.

Our general policy is that it's okay to talk about these things in the context of a support thread, and to mention them in chit chat threads when relevant. However, once a post becomes a "war story", i.e. talking about the details of a sexual encounter or other "mature" topics just for the sake of sharing the gory details, that's where we draw the line and ask that you take it to an 18+ forum. (Remember that we cater to a 13+ audience.)

Again, talking about these in the context of a support thread is usually A-OK. In chit chat threads, we usually let stories about drug use pass if it's relevant to the topic of the thread, but where we draw a hard line is advocating for their use. Glorifying them is also usually something we'll draw the line on.

As for drug imagery, I'd advise erring on the side of caution and avoiding it. It's not something you're guaranteed to get in trouble for, like sharing off-site contact info, but the chances are high enough that I'd advise against it.

3. MaineBiGuy

MaineBiGuy Guest

awesome! Thanks very much!

4. MaineBiGuy

MaineBiGuy Guest

Ever consider making an "adults only" room where we could talk about techniques and whatnot?