1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bisexual strugglin for a normal realtionship ~~~~~

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sweetiepi, Dec 8, 2013.

1. sweetiepi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I consider myself purely bisexual.

However recently, I'm questioning weather my boyfriend is the one and I don't know if I only want him. I don't know if I'm wasting my time when I could be...enjoying a girl.

I met this butchy ish girl at a party recently. Immediately I was attracted to her and this guy at the party was calling us "girlfriends". :icon_redf

I got her number and hung out with her again, only to find out she has a boyfriend. She told me she's bisexual and she'd have a threesome with me. I told her "I have a boyfriend" but in my head I was just thinking, "I just want you."

With my boyfriend, I never really got that butterflies-in-my-gut feeling. We have good sex and a good relationship. But I dream about a women's silky skin.. I've never been into labels, but I don't want to be that girl who gets married then 5 years later realizes that shes a lesbian.

I feel ungrateful because I cannot appreciate what I have which is a great boyfriend.
    I feel like an asshole for even typing this post out when I should be happy with what I have.
    I feel like I just want a normal relationship, but every time I do I want other gender, or the other person, or whatever.
    I hate being bisexual and having all these complications that I didn't ask for.

Please help me sort out my feelings. Or write on my wall!

2. Matt1187

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can relate to what you mean when you say you feel ungrateful for not appreciating your current boyfriend. I was in a relationship with a girl for a few months and as time went on I became more distant, questioned myself, and now identify to myself and a few friends as bi. She was totally infatuated with me but I just didn't have the same feelings for her in the least and when I imagine myself in a relationship I picture myself with the ideal guy as opposed to a girl.

Don't feel guilty for exploring this part of yourself, we are all looking for answers and you are defiantly not alone in this (*hug*) I'm still finding myself and so are others. If your current relationship with your boyfriend just isn't cutting it, maybe you should talk to him about it and go from there.

3. sweetiepi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thank you :slight_smile: I agree, I'm not sure if I have those feelings for him but it doesn't mean I don't have feelings for ANY guy.

4. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How long have you been with your boyfriend? In my former relationship sometimes I doubted if I was in love with my partner because I had never had those butterfly feeling either or anything else during the day for that matter. Then something would happen, we would go for a walk or I looked at my partner in the right ligt or whatever and I just knew that this was love.
    I guess that I am trying to say that you should go with your gut feeling, because usually that tells the truth. But I really understand what you are going through, having been through something similar.
    It will work out, but you should talk to him about it if he doesn't already know. Maybe there is some other greater underlying problem.

5. sweetiepi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks, I totally agree. I do really like him, he really gets me and we have fun together, etc, but sometimes I feel a little more grown up then him- i'm at school and he's not, hes living at his parents house still and hes 22 and I'm not (although I have more financial support than him). I want someone that helps me progress forward and sometimes it doesnt always feel like he is himself, if you know what I mean. So I guess there is another problem just like that, but its a pretty common problem.

6. Foster

I think you need to remember that what you are feeling is not wrong. Don't condemn yourself for it. As human's sometimes we feel things we don't necessarily want to feel, but you can't really change the heart you are given.....

I guess the only advice I have is do some soul searching. And talk to your boyfriend about how you feel, because honesty is extremely important in a healthy relationship. Maybe you could ask him if you could take a break from the relationship, just to do some exploring. Maybe you'll decide that you really love him and want to be with him. Maybe you'll decide otherwise. But you shouldn't just ignore your feelings and put them on the back burner, as that never tends to work for very long......

7. sweetiepi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think he would be so broken hearted and not take me back if I did that.