1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightmares

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Saint Otaku, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Saint Otaku

So it's a tell-your-nightmares thread! I personally love nightmares, so post about some significant nightmares or about reoccurring elements in your nightmares!

So I seem to have a thing with tornadoes, and I fully blame it on watching Twister quite often as a child. My last dream I remember entailed me holding on for dear life as my crazy, one-legged, lesbian grandmother was driving about a city in a convertible. Right into the path of a huge, bobbing tornado... -_-

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any time I dream about school I think it classifies as a nightmare. Which, sadly, happens a lot.

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, shockingly, they play off my insecurities wandering in my head throughout the day...

so just a bunch of boring social anxiety stuff.

4. Saint Otaku

I understand that completely. I still have school nightmares echoing the constant anxiety I had from being a forgetful middle schooler.

5. Robellious

Sometimes I get a dream of having a autopsy performed on myself. sometimes Its like I can even feel the pain from the knife entering my body. its really scary; but before I scream in pain from my already cut-away body parts-- I wake up.

could that mean anything? I dont know but some people tell me when you have dreams it kinda has to do with you when your awake.. I have no Idea haha.

6. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of my nightmares are like haiku poetry. The events that happen are concise, but vivid, and yet sometimes don't really connect together very well. I'm sure my last dream had something to do with death... Not sure who was involved, though. ._.

7. MoyashiAlice

My nightmares are all terrifying and disturbing...

For example, two men attempting to rape me, my "friends" beating my sister with creepy demonic smiles and a sheep eating the other ones face off, cutting up babies, bombs blowing people to bits, heads being chopped off (a common one) and so on.

My mind is insane...

8. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yours does sound interesting though.

I often dream about darkness and being chased, or perhaps more accurate: running.
    A whole lot of dreams where I am dying or about to die or am in great danger of dying.
    Scary shit. But, interesting. (If you're curious, they stem from my leftover fears of Hell as I'm always repenting on my death bed in them.)

Let me look at the ones I have written down this year...
    There are some weird ones, they can be good for my own personal inspiration. Sometimes I'll have a good dream, so fun. Those are so rare though. Always nightmares.
    I started writing down what I could remember of my dreams, I did that a few times.
    Such as: "I was hiding with my mom from a demon that melted the inside of our car."

And some funny, detailed ones that were actually scary to experience.

From my book.

My mother and I went into a thrift store. She was the one that wante[d] to. There was a sign against wearing/using fur outside. It was in a city or town. The guy working there said the sign was just to be more Hollywood. That disappointed me. We were in the back right corner. It would be like the back left if you were at the entrance. Of all the luck in the world, two people came in with guns, presumably to rob the store. I was scared. I thought I might die. I think they were short. I think they were goblins. I helped them out the window behind us by giving them a boost, hoping they wouldn't hurt me. They ran away. I asked the man if he was going to call the police and he said yes. The police came and I think I was a little scared they were going to blame me. Around this point it turned more into a club. There were some drinks on the counter. Perhaps the ice-ish kind? I feel like the man was kind of tall, with tall, orange hair. And he was young-ish.

9. nichison

I dont have many nightmares anymore, and when i do there really weird. I dont really remember much after the few first seconds i wake up, but wow are they bad. I just wake up in pure paralyzing fear. I dont know what i was dreaming but im glad i dont remember. The fear only lasts for a minute or two though.

The first nightmare that really affected me though, was when i was 12. It was a dream where i was in a zombie apocalypse with a few kids from my math class. One of the kids, his name is Stone (thats actually his name), got bit in the head, and the scream i heard was horrible. I was genuinely disturbed by that scream, and its hard to do that to me.

Yea, i used to have really vivid dreams. Not anymore though.

10. Emulator

Nightmares are interesting. Mine are usually about impossible happenings and being watched. I don't seem to be able to recall them in the day, though. Only at night do images of them come to mind.

Well, one was about escaping a death sentence, though I wouldn't call it a nightmare.

11. Data

Data Guest

Recently:

I drove my mom's car and ended up flipping it, killing my mother, sister, my mom's boyfriend, and a little boy who was riding with us. I survived, alone, with such GREAT dispair and sadness. Then my mom and sister appeared as ghosts (only I could see them) and told me they were stuck on the otherside and couldn't get to heaven. I couldn't help them at all and I was the one who killed them.

I always dream about my teeth falling out and crumbling to pieces. I usually become very upset about my teeth and they fall out of my mouth. Then I become frantic trying to put them back in.

I fall through the ground and into an endless pit. I'm usually running through a field, but I have also fallen off a building or a mountain and fell all the way down before waking up.

I'm FREQUENTLY shot, stabbed, blown up, and burned. I usually used to die, but now it seems as if the wounds don't bleed. I sit and wait to die, but I haven't died in a while.

I had one where I had a brain injury and needed brain surgery. I was very nervous about going into surgery, and when I woke up I was paralyzed. The surgery went wrong and I was a vegetable.

I am often chased by a monster (Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2 usually) who tries to kill me. I can get away sometimes, but sometimes the monster ends up getting me and maiming my body.

Sometimes I have a dream where I can't really see and everything is blurry. I feel like my eyes are open, but it looks like I'm looking through my eyelids barely opened. Those are more frustratinh because I can't see.

I have naked dreams all the time. I'm at work, school, walmart, etc without clothes and I don't realize at first but as people give me looks I realize it and freak out.

I had one where I was in the bathroom and opened the shower curtain (mom closes it but I open it). I walked out and came back in but the curtain was closed again. I opened it and brushed my teeth, but as I got the towel it was closed AGAIN. I opened it and something invisible in tge shower growled/screamed at me and yanked the curtain closed right out of my hand. I ran out screaming. I actually jumped out of bed and yelled when I woke up. I don't do that often.

I have also had one where I'm trapped in a room that pitch black. I can hear a rushing roaring noise at the center of the room, but can't see anything. Then small bursts of light show me glimpses of what's there. I grab onto the door handle next to me and I'm drawn toward a black hole in the center of the room. The room is mostly black except for a flash every now and then as the black hole rips a part of the wall off and draws it in. I can usually make out the black sphere but I've never fallen in yet. I usually wake up before that.

I think that's about all the recent ones.

12. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I was in the desert, I was scared, frightened, it was windy and dusty, but I had no impediment on my vision which was strange, I heard a woman call my name as if they were looking for me, I turned to the left of me and I saw some Spire of some sort, it gave me a sense of home and welcome, I ran to it as fast as I could then I found myself stopped DEAD in my tracks, I was paralyzed and had no idea of what to do; then these black arms come and grab me, tis then when I wake up.

I have yet to find out what exactly the dream means.

13. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

My nightmares are David Lynch rejects. Lot of surreal, madcap weirdness.

Besides that, have a lot of nightmares where I realize my chest's growing or that I'm pregnant (and in my dream I always panic "But I'm a man- oh"). Sometimes these dysphoria dreams have been so vivid, I'm still freaking out when I wake up.

14. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been having this reoccurring nightmare lately where I'm in a zombie apocalypse, though I wouldn't call it a "nightmare" since I'm lucid. The actions and events are different, but the people are the same. For instance one took place in a warehouse and another took place out on some random street in a suburb. I don't know who the people are and I can only remember two: a black women wearing a red blouse and jeans and a young guy wearing a denim jacket. In all of them I get eaten(which is really weird to say) and at that point, everything just becomes jumbled and I eventually wake up.

15. Thedistra

For some reason someone or something is trying to eat me in most of them. They usually do get to eat me ... Other times someone I was trying to save dies.

I've had the teeth falling out one here and there since I was little. Always the same one. It involves the beginning of one of the Jurassic Park movies, where they are digging up fossils.

16. Hexagon

I have surprisingly few nightmares. To date, I recall one about time travel and a nuclear war, one about a werewolf and one about fighting for my life, and being unable to move except in slow motion.

17. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mostly just the exact same dream I've been having for three and a half years now - a recurring rape dream. Also dreamed of a major earthquake and I watched buildings fall down and kill everyone. I was the only survivor.

18. Sedz99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The empty child and weeping angels. Terrifying. Oh also the white walkers (but my white walkers not the shows)

19. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was at my mom's office to print something. As I walked back to the receptionist area to turn on the computer, a man jumped out of nowhere and had me from behind, and had his thumb down my throat and he had a knife. I freed myself by pulling my legs toward my chest, as his one-armed headlock couldn't hold my 300-pound frame, and then kicked him where it counted.

This is important, but I remember this from at least one other dream: I ended up with a gash on my ankle, but didn't feel any pain. He stole something from the office and fled, and then suddenly there was an ECer who will remain nameless that was there standing over me telling me I'd be okay. That was the second time I've had people from EC in my dreams.

Another dream I had was that I was having the lap band surgery and I woke up in the middle of the surgery. I don't remember feeling pain, but I remember the sheer horror and the feeling of being terrified.

#19 AwesomGaytheist, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  20. AAASAS

A lot of my nightmares involve anonymous alien invasions, I never come in contact, but I always end up dieing as a result of their destruction or the panic that ensues .

I also have a lot of nightmares about getting eaten by a wolf, but that's because I lived in a wooded area I think. I even elbowed the wolf right in the face in one of my dreams and woke up doing the motion and ended up smoking my boyfriend in the back while he was sleeping.