1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age Difference: What do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zeevie, Dec 1, 2013.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Gen ill admit that was a bad example. However I believe a age gap romance can be very healthy and yes there are times where it is really not. A young person living off their rich older bf or gf is not a healthy relationship.

2. jp36

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same age as me. Or seeming the same age as me - guys who are a year or two younger but mature for their age or a year or two older but not too 'grown up' for me. 21 is a weird age. Three years in either direction makes a massive difference to what people are like. 24-year-olds are likely to be in a very different phase of their lives, and 18-year-olds even more so.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nobody old enough to be my dad and same maturity as I.

4. Gen

Gen

I see what you mean. There is no doubt that an age gap can work out. It just annoys when some individuals act as though those types of relationships don't come with there added set of risks. Love is great. Love is amazing; but love is also very easy in reality. Most abuse and toxic relationships have love. Finding love with another person is the easy part. It's finding love in the right relationship with the right person that is really the only love that is worth fighting for.

I just don't want anyone here to think that just because there is love means it should be pursued. Its definitely not a fun choice to have to make, but sometimes we have to accept that some relationships might not be best for us in the long run.

5. Sarcastic Luck

I've always been the older person in the relationship. I think the biggest difference was a year with the smallest being about a week and a half. Of course, I've only been in two relationships and I'm hesitant to call the last one a relationship.

I think the largest age gap I'm willing to have is five years either way.

6. Thedistra

I prefer older women. I'm not sure where I would cut the line. I'll go with 25 years older I guess.

7. AmericnPrincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm attracted to people of all ages (18 and up), but I prefer guys no less than 3 years younger or 6 years older as for women I prefer them older than me. As long as they're not old enough to be my parent, that goes for both genders.

8. PalestrinaMX

I prefer my age, or older.

9. staychill

staychill Guest

The oldest person that I'm interested in is like 21, but I don't think I would date someone who is below like 16.

10. Heun

I personally prefer sticking close to my own age and up a couple of years. Any younger beyond a few months just strikes me as off, at least for me.

11. Zac

Zac

I usually prefer guys older than me. The guy I like at the moment is 10 years older than me

12. tex st

tex st Guest

1 year older or younger

13. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ideally I'd say +/- 4 years but I'd always be open to an extent as long as the gap is not excessive. I do find older guys(40+) very sexually attractive, but I wouldn't be able to date one as I feel we're just too different. Same thing goes for really young guys(18-20) too though.

14. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really care about age, but I feel creepy dating girls who are my younger sister's age. I probably won't be in any relationships any time soon anyways. :frowning2:

15. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't want to date anyone younger than I am (yet), but I'd date someone who's 18/19, but I wouldn't have sex until I'm 16 (that's only one and a half months now) because of the law.

A slight age difference doesn't matter very much to me, but the power balance in a relationship must be equal no matter what.

16. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Between 20 and 30. It's not so much that I prefer younger women, but a woman over 30 isn't likely to have children, and if she does then she's not gonna want anymore.

17. prism

When I was in school, I had a very strict +1 year rule, and even then I felt weird dating someone who wasn't in the same grade/year as me. I would like to be in the same stage of life as my partner and have generational common ground.

18. fulcrum

For me its more about emotional age. I dont think its too healthy to go too far in either direction, but limiting yourself to your own age +/- a few years drastically decreases your chances of finding someone you actually click with and are compatible with. There are some older people who have no maturity. And some younger people who are way beyond their years. Mismatches due to age restrictions do occur. (That last sentence sounded a little odd for some reason lol).

Its all about compatibility, not just age.

19. Ladyman

Ladyman Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I prefer guys that are under 30, so huge age gap. That doesn´t mean I would say no to Johnny Depp. I mean I find the mind more important than the actual age.

20. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well in my case, I would say ±2-3 years for guys, ±1-2 for girls.

But that's for physical age. I personally dislike immature people, so I would say a grown mental age is required.