1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Cortar, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Cortar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I came out to my brother earlier this week. Until this point, no one in my family has known about my sexuality, although I've come out to all of my friends. I didn't really know how to introduce the topic, so I asked my significant other if they would message him on Facebook and ask what he felt about my being bi/pansexual. So he then messaged me and asked if I identified as bi/pansexual, and I answered yes. He was very understanding, and said he hoped I hadn't been hesitant to tell him (I would be hesitant to tell any other members of my family, as they are socially conservative and very religious Baptists).

It's only been a few days, but it's nice to have come out to at least one member of my family. (!)

2. CammieConfuzed

Congrats~(*hug*) It's hard to come out to family. I'm glad you've accomplished that and are happy about it's outcome. ^^ I'm still working on that one.

3. Gallatin

Congrats! I'm glad things went well and that your brother was so accepting. :slight_smile:

4. phoebe

congrats!!!

5. Heun

I think family can be the hardest, so congratulations!