1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omnigenders have MPD?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by English Frenchman, Nov 13, 2013.

1. English Frenchman

Hello,

I was hoping someone could elucidate on a couple of points for me. If so, that’d be lovely. First of all, I understand with difficulty what a pansexual (aka omnisexual) is. Is it not just the same thing as a bisexual? Why create more words?
    Secondly, if I understand correctly, an omnigender is someone who doesn’t follow the binary male/female sex chart. Basically, the wake up one morning and feel more like one sex than the other. Correct?
    If one were to be omnisexual and omnigender, would this require a certain form of multiple personality disorder? I don’t mean this in a negative way.
    For example, someone wakes up one morning and feels like a gay man. The next, they feel like a straight woman. This is theoretically what happens with omnisexual omnigender people.
    In which case, they would have multiple personalities.
    Is this the case or is it more all of the personalities are one in reality, with each one manifesting itself more overtly some days more than others?

Thanks for answering. I’m just curious. (No, not in that way)

2. jadakiss97

For me, it works like multiple personalities. Idk maybe I have some rare form of MPD, i've thought about it. But, either way it isn't easy. I only have about half the symptoms of MPD however.

3. Hexagon

Pansexual is a sexual attraction to all genders, rather than just men and women. It is also often used to describe a slightly different kind of attraction, I guess, like attractions to people rather than genders (I'd definitely subscribe to that definition).

People with multiple personalities (okay, I'm getting into the realm of second hand knowledge I can't be bothered to verify here) don't tend to remember the actions of the other personalities, and perhaps more specifically, have different personalities. Personality =/= gender and sexuality. Bigender and pangender people may be different genders on different days, but are still the same person.

I don't see why being pansexual increases the MPDness of a pan/bigender person.

Lastly, I think we all change a little from day to day. Even if its just related to what food we feel like or whatever. I don't see why having your gender change would be unhealthy.

4. jadakiss97

And I hope someone actually knows the answer to this question. I can say from experience that it is like having many brains all working at once. I do in fact wake up in the morning and can think like a male no matter sexuality and go on with my day only acting different. I have issues sometimes when it comes to being intimate, etc... because of that. And in saying im omnisexual I'm saying I'm attracted to everyone no matter their gender. But the real question is, why do my genders have their own sexuality? I don't think that is normal.

5. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    MPD ≠ the feeling of having multiple genders. Period. Is that enough?

DID/MPD is extremely rare and has to do with having multiple, distinct, and typically entirely independent personalities. The states are dissociative - without psychiatric/psychological help the person with it generally has no idea that there are different personalities taking space in their mind.

Merely existing with the perception that one's gender is fluid/not consistent is in no way related to the disorder.