1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think your interesting?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fan of Tessen, Nov 13, 2013.

1. jargon

I think my life is actually fairly interesting, but I'm pretty bad at getting that across in conversation. With people I don't already know really well, anyway.

As a philosophy major, my advice to you: Find some other interests. Then, find someone who shares those interests, and is also comfortable with you silently judging them for holding poorly-grounded fundamental beliefs. :lol:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know. I'm a pretty horrible conversationalist.

3. MLE

MLE

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely feel like that a lot. I'm introverted and really like having alone time. I feel like if I were to get into a relationship that my partner might take it the wrong way when I want to spend a night by myself.

I try to remind myself that I have friends that fully understand that about me, so there must be people that I find date-able that would too.

4. Fan of Tessen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll admit that I like some alone time too (especially when I'm upset and I just want to play my video game). Though there are those times where I wish I did have someone to hug... wow that came out kinda depressing lol

5. iHateThinking

I'd say I'm more odd/weird than anything. I can have a very (to me, at least) perplexing way of thinking that apparently teachers and others equate with a higher-than-average level of intelligence, so that can make talking to people difficult unless I "tone it down". I'm used to doing it so it's no real issue, but sometimes I just want to have an intelligent conversation without people thinking I talk/think in a weird way. I'm very gesticulate and have recently become prone to more "neck-breaking"/jerking body movements. Most of my interests center around art (any kind, be it visual, audio, written, theatrical), literature/reading (I really like to read), discussion/debate, I suppose philosophy, but I'm pretty adaptable and I like to do/learn about a lot of things in general.

I never really consider myself interesting, but apparently to others I am quite the interesting/"cool"/awesome person, and they like to remind me for some reason. I don't even know how. I guess because I'm returning back to being "individualistic", independent, and free-spirited-ish. Who knows.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm hellaciously interesting TO ME. Don't really care what the rest of the world thinks. But I'm guess I'd make an exceptionally dull reality show, for what that's worth. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A bunch of people think I am apparently. I on the other hand, think I'm pretty boring and dull :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consider myself quite interesting, not least because I share all my own interests. By my own general standards, I'd say I'm pretty cool.

Were I not myself, I don't think I'd ever want to date someone like me. I'm far too intense for there to be two of me in a relationship. I'd totally be friends with myself though.

As far as finding a partner that shares my interests, that's not a high priority. I like guys who like other things - it'll give us something to talk about over dinner. Having separate interests is (I feel) an important thing in long-term relationships. I want someone who can go do his thing while I do mine and then we can discuss them and do some mutual activities together.

9. Data

Data Guest

I'm not The Most Interesting Man in the World but I think I have a good story to tell so far. Most near-death stories are interesting and I have an excellent one! I was even on the news! :grin:

To be quite honest though, I'm not interesting in a plain Jane sort of way. I would be interesting to a person who shares my quirky personality. It would be like "Wow I just found this guy who loves everything I do! I could talk to him forever about this shit!" I do hope I find someone like that.

10. UIOP

I often worry that the guy I like thinks I'm boring and dull. I often just 'go quiet' for no reason - I want to speak but words just don't enter my head. It creates awkward silences and I fear it makes me look disinterested :frowning2:

11. CammieConfuzed

Well, some people may have similar interests, but i'm quite socially awkward and i can't keep a conversation or the life of me. So, i'm pretty boring to talk to. Yeh. ><

12. RocketMoose27

I don't think i'm interesting AT ALL, maybe a little, but sure I can be loud and weird, but I feel as if i'm boring, dull, and missing something. :dry:

13. prism

Are you content with your "boring" personality, or are you looking to change it? Watching anime and playing videogames are very common hobbies, and dude, you're an artist! I really think you're selling yourself short.

I think I'm interesting simply because I'm interested in everything, which provides a large range of topics that people can connect with. I've always considered myself a Jack of all trades, where I usually know a little bit about everything, but there are only a few topics that I know a lot about.

14. Illus1

Hmm, I'd say I'm interesting (well based mostly on what others say). I can hold a conversation for a long time and am very expressive. Yet I'm introverted, like I like my alone time, am used to it. I get tired being around people constantly and at times I am guarded. When I feel really awkward is when I'm with someone that doesn't talk much. You know when conversation can't flow, I keep on thinking this person probably does not want to talk to me.

15. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well...I'm very quiet and introverted, except when I'm not. Depends on who I am with and how comfortable I'm feeling. I might be dull as dishwater but an exceptional listener, or else I might be a goofy clown channeling his inner bitchy gay boy. Although being social really takes it out of me, so once I'm done being personable or sparkly or whatever, I will probably need to sit by myself at home alone to recharge.

16. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it weird that I make myself a horrible conversationalist on purpose? I do that by not saying much, pretending to be uninformed about the current topic, or by just not saying anything at all.

I like to talk, but I don't like conversing if that makes any sense. When I'm done saying what's on my mind, I don't like to continue discussing it. But not only that, I get some strange thrill from being ignored by people. I'm very reclusive, so the less people that are interested in me, the better.

17. soc2cergir3l

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm exactly the same way...right now I like being alone but hope to have a relationship with someone that understands me and like me 4 who I am

18. Aussir

"Do you think your interesting..."

My interesting what and what am I supposed to think of it?
    Or are you asking me "Do you think you're (you are) interesting?"

I don't know... I'm just me (and that includes the grammar itches, yes). It's up to others to judge if they find me interesting or not.

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Classic! Funny, too. I never viewed being a goofball this way before.

20. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm interesting, but since I work 2 jobs I don't much time for a social life.