How did you find out about EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RawringTiger, Nov 12, 2013.

1. RainyViolinist

I Googled what I thought was my orientation, heteroromantic homosexual, and I stumbled upon this FABULOUS site :grin:.

2. CupcakeKisses

I googled "how do I come out as a lesbian after I have been married and have children". The "later in life" forum came up and the rest is history. :slight_smile:

BTW, I have come out to almost everyone that needs to know. 3 more to go :slight_smile:

Thanks, EC!

3. Sitri

I was googling my worries like I usually do, and I decided to take a stab at my sexuality and I found this place. I had known I wasn't straight for a few months (there was this dream, with a bunch of shirtless guys, couldn't really deny it after that),but it didn't bother me. I just thought "huh, that's odd" and got on with my life. Then I went back to school and developed a massive crush on a guy. That bothered me.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It feels like ages ago...

Having been homeschooled for my high school career, I often had online classes I'd attend. Usually, towards the end of class (and sometimes during - I have a dangerously short attention span when it comes to organized learning...) I'd open another window and browse YouTube (before it sucked). One day, having always been aware of my being gay, I was watching some coming out videos and, lo and behold, a banner appeared atop the page of search results when I typed "Coming Out Stories". The banner linked me here. I lurked for months, the better part of a year if memory serves.

Finally, June 9th according to my profile, I worked up the gumption to create an account. Here it is, years later, and I'm still around. This is the longest I've ever committed to anything. EC has been a staple in my life all this time. I love it here. I love all the friends I've made thanks to EC. Most times I forget how much I depend on this place, usually not for it's intended purpose (my coming out was reasonably unmomentous), I must admit. But I am so grateful for all I've learned about the world and about myself nonetheless.

5. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

Google or something...

6. Projectfabulous

Welllllllll one night, after band practice, I told my friend that I was gay. He then proceeded to tell me that he was gay too. We talked for quite a while and we came across the topic of like accepting it or support or something and he mentioned this site. So, I decided to check it out and here I am:slight_smile:

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Literally just googled for LGBT support forums. I was trying to figure out my gender- lurked under a different account, figured I'd just post about my gender problems and leave after a couple posts.

Fun & Games sucked me in to staying. :lol:

8. GayNerd

I honestly accidentally found out about EC. I found out about it on August 8th, the day before I joined EC. I thought about joining, and almost 100 days later and 801 Posts later, here I am. :lol:

9. freeskies

I just stumbled across EC when i was looking for a supportive online community for gays :slight_smile:

10. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Google, if I remember correctly.

11. DarkClarity

I honestly don't know. I just happened to stumble across the website, read some threads and I thought I'd join. All I can say is thank goodness I found this place. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't find it.

12. greendaisy

I was writing a persuasive paper last year for Social Studies on same-sex marriage (we had to write about our own opinion on a current event, and gay marriage had just been legalized in my state). So I was researching online when I stumbled upon EC, and immediately had to join.

13. Mariall

I was looking around for support sites and stumbled across it

14. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Google brought me here as it did for so many other people.

15. Ruthven

I was on the hunt for LGBTQ+ songs and I remember looking at a thread here. I don't remember exactly why I joined. Probably liked it and stuff I guess. I posted for like a month or two, then left for a year and came back last october.

16. lukeluvznicki13

the things you google haha xD
    Yeah I googled "I think I'm bisexual" and then after that i clicked on a page and someone said that EC is quite a useful place to get help from so I signed up x]

17. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was following a blog called "imprisoned in the closet," which was heartening since the author was describing his steps from accepting his sexuality to slowly coming out. I'm not sure how I found EC, but I was really attracted to the personal stories that seemed just like mine.

18. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I remember correctly, it was through a Google search for LGBT support forums... EC helped me find myself, and the people here are super! (&&&)

19. Niko

I googled something about transgender support forums, and here I am.

20. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was looking up coming out stories, and that evolved into LGBT forums. I made an account, and Paradox15 was born :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: