1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which of your parents do you look more like?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Hexagon

Well... neither, really. My hair takes after my father, but its dyed bright red. Apart from the invisible hair color, I don't appear to take after either of them. I do have traits from other members of the family, but they don't appear in my parents.

2. Thedistra

I look like a blend between my grandpa (mother's dad) and my dad. My mother looks almost exactly like her mom. Personality wise I'm more like my dad as well.

3. Mariall

I actually look most like my aunt on my dad's side, most people think she's my mom.

4. Illus1

Well have you ever felt you got the worst gene combination possible? I look like both yet neither but I feel I recieved the wrong/worst features from them. My mom was the most beautiful of her sisters & she was envied by all for landing my dad he in his time was really dashing and had women fawning over him. I don't know normally I am ok with myself but well I inherited the short gene (from 1 grandmother) Do you know how hard it is being mocked by my younger cousins and not only that but even my uncles in their 50s you would think adults can act a bit more maturely alas it is not so. And I curse myself for not sporting more during my teenage years, it was a tough time but I know people that never sport and they achieved an enviable height although they are overweight. :frowning2: I am cursed

5. timo

First things first: TS, I love your haircut.

Anyway. Who do I look like... People always say I look like my father, but in all honesty I don't see the resemblance. I have my mother's hair and errr... yeah, neither of my parents' eyes or figure, to name some things. So physically, none of them. I do kinda have my mother's character.

6. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Young me (Up until basically now) Looks more like my Dad. Mature me looks like my Brother. My personality is best compatible with my Mum, with my brother close behind.

...:grin:

7. GayNerd

I look a lot like my Mom. I have the same nose, I think, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: , though same hair. My brother looks a lot, and I mean, A LOT like my Dad. This is very ironic because I have teachers who say that I look like my brother. We CLEARLY don't. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Sparklet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have my dad’s brown eyes, but that's about it. People often say that I look a lot like my mom’s sister.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Despite being over six feet tall and over 230 lbs, whereas my mother is 5'1" and 110 lbs soaking wet...I look a lot like her. :slight_smile:

Lex

11. blond

I look exactly like my mom same hair, nose, eyes, everything. My mom and i were also the only ones to have blue eyes in our family till my nieces were born.

Maybe that's why everyone called me her favorite...

#31 blond, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  12. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I have my dad's colouring (dark hair/eyes, olive skin), and mum says I share more of his facial features, such as my almond eye shape and big nose. My brothers definitely look more like our dad, too, and they're even darker than me.

I don't know how I look like my mum at all. Even my therapist and GP assumed I was adopted, when they first saw her.

13. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been told I look like my dad with a wig on. Funniest comment I have gotten but yes I look a lot like my dad to the point that I've had friends go up to him asking if he was my dad; they haven't met him until he was visiting for my graduation and saw him that day.

14. biggayguy

Most people say I look like my mom unless they see my dad first. Then they say I look like him. I have my dad's nose and hair and mom's skin and round face.

15. VelvetEYES

I look like my dad with hints of my mother

16. Saint Otaku

I have my mother's curly hair, blue eyes, facial features, &c. My dad pretty much only provided the masculinity (which is relatively scarce anyhow :grin:)

17. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    50:50 dad:mom blend of looks. 80:20 dad:mom blend of personality.

Have my dad's brow, eyes, and upper face. Have my mom's skin tone, lower face, and general facial shape. The hair is, and the nose was, a blend of both of theirs, but that nose is gone and it's now clearly one custom made for me! I fessed up on this on another thread.

Interesting idea for a thread.

18. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, not sure. A lot of people tell me I don't look like either or I look adopted, haha! Some say I look like my mom did when she was in her 20's. I definitely have her eyes, which I get a lot of compliments on (as did she). Everyone tells me that my dad and I look NOTHING alike (my sister's always like "I think you're the milkman's baby" cause of that). The only trait is our jaws are somewhat similar.

I'm told I look a bit like all three of my sisters, and absolutely NOTHING like any of my brothers (they all look like each other, weirdly enough, though).

19. purplekitty

People always say that my mom and I look like sisters/twins. We do have very similar faces, as well as body shapes, but my hair is more like my dad's: thick and wavy. I unfortunately got my family's messed up teeth; they were really crooked before I got braces. Fortunately, I didn't get the genes that make some of the teeth missing; that is what happened with both my mom and my dad!

Personality wise, I'm pretty mixed between both, though I think I have more of my dad. We have very similar interests, senses of humor, and ways of thought. Although, I got most of my artiness from my mom, as well as my emotional side. I also have some habits from other relatives like my grandma (my dad's side). She and I both have the same funny noise we make when we laugh. And I got my habit of talking for long periods of time from my dad's side.

20. biggayguy

Personality - wise I'm more like my dad. We love corny jokes and puns. We also love to mention obscure references to see who gets it. Mom gave me her sensitivity. I get weepy sometimes for no reason.