1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dad is gone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by drwinchester, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Macabremelody

im sorry i know how you must feel

2. Nick07

Byron, he is not gone from your life. He will be with you as long as you need and want. I know it's different, but for you and your family he is not gone.
    Some people are gone from our lives even before they die. Not your father. *hug*

Don't be ashamed to talk to a therapist if it is too much for you.

3. prism

I am so fucking sorry. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. If you ever want to talk, about anything, please message me.

4. edgy

edgy Guest

:tears: damndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamn

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Byron. (*hug*)

6. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never know what to say when things like this happen...I wish I could say more than just "I'm sorry"... :frowning2: (*hug*)

7. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through. I sincerely hope you and your family will recover and find the strength to move forward together. (*hug*)

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry for your loss, man. I know you're probably tired of hearing this, but remember, you've got us to turn to when you feel you can't pull through. Considering how much was going on in your life even before this, it wouldn't be an unacceptable request, either.

9. BiPenguin

(*hug*) Sorry to hear about your father. (*hug*)

10. Just Passing

It's always difficult to lose a relative and it will take time to grieve and come to terms with their passing. I wish all the best in the future and that things will recover.

11. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry for your loss... (*hug*)

12. Zac

Zac

Sorry for your loss (*hug*)

13. Illus1

I am so sorry for your loss may you recieve the strength to deal with this tragedy, do know that you will always have support online, I personally have been through the same thing losing my father suddenly after I turned 17 so if anything do not hesitate to contact (*hug*)

14. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm really not good at this kind of stuff but I'm sorry to hear about this.

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words and support.

Reality of it hasn't really sunk in yet. And I've been trying to avoid thinking about it but writing's been almost cartharic- making sense of all that's happened.

Early yesterday morning, my dad had been getting ready for work when he felt ill, light headed. Thought he was having a panic attack, didn't want to go to the hospital. My mom urged him on, he felt worse so finally he relented. So my mom went upstairs to get ready, left a note for me (which I haven't bothered to move). She went down, they headed out to the car. And he collapsed on the front porch.

We live on a rural property. My grandfather's paranoid, property's locked at night with a chain too thick for bolt cutters. 911 would've never been able to get up there.

My mom woke me up at five am. Took me a minute but something had to be wrong- she was saying something about Dad, 911. The gate. Soon as I had some idea of what was going on, I ran downstairs. Grabbed my coat. Got the key.

He was sprawled on the porch. Mom was giving him CPR. Nose bleeding, he wasn't breathing.

The gate was down at the bottom of the hill. Takes me five minutes on a good day to walk down it. Don't think I've ever run so fast. Don't feel I was fast enough but it wouldn't have made a difference. Guided the ambulances up to the house. I could hear my mom, pleading for my dad not to die, she wasn't feeling a pulse.

My four year old sister woke up. She'd wandered downstairs. Saw dad. Asked if he was okay, why was he on the ground, why was he sick. I came inside when the paramedics came out. I'm trying to tell her it's okay, dad will be fine but outside I can hear them, the whine of the machines as they're trying to bring him back.

Last I ever saw of my dad, they were loading him onto a stretcher. He died in my mom's arms, on the porch.

It was hours before I heard anything. Fell asleep at one point. Baby sister did as well, once she'd calmed down. Didn't think he was dead but some part of me knew. If you know me, I have an irrational fear of hospitals. I always assume the worst. That's what I thought this was. Thought I was worrying for nothing and he'd come back.

By the time my mom got home, two of my other sisters had gotten up. Didn't tell them, wasn't sure if I should. They had swimming lessons- told them they probably wouldn't be going.

Mom came home with my dad's best friend from college. Think it was then that I knew. Mom came in, she's doing her best to hold herself together. Baby sister's asking if dad's going to be okay.

I went up to wake up my ten year old sister- always a late sleeper. Took her a while to wake up, realize she needed to go downstairs.

When we were all gathered, Mom told us. My dad is dead.

I still can't find it in me to believe it's true.

16. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    God dr! That's just awful...my sincere condolences, thank you for taking the time, despite all this, to keep us posted. Our thoughts are with you.

17. Sitri

I've been thinking; my words aren't good enough. A random collection of symbols that convey meaning but not emotion. Words can communicate emotion, but it would take a greater man than I , I'm no poet laureate. When my grandmother was dying, you were the first to comfort me, before my parents even. I bet you don't even remember, such a short little sentence, less than ten words, but it meant so much. At the moment I read that I may have been looking at a small, but very sharp, knife and had been planning to do something that would have been quite regrettable with it. Since I have read that sentence, those few words, I have not so much as looked at the knife. I doubt I could ever be as much help to you as you were to me, but I'd like to try. Byron, if there is anything, and I mean ANYTHING, I could do, let me know and it shall be done. I promise you.