1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a baby with my ex-girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by andrew812, Nov 4, 2013.

1. andrew812

andrew812 Guest

I know it might sound like a bad idea, but my ex-girlfriend and I are thinking about having a child. She knows about my sexuality. We both just want a kid together. I know a successful relationship with her is very unlikely, but than again it might work out this time. I do honestly love her, and I am 100% honest and up front with her.

2. Techno Kid

Would you two be living in the same house? If not that might put stress on the child latter on in my opinion.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NOOOO! Don't do this. #1, you're gay. #2, a child is only going to send the relationship straight to hell. #3, if that child finds out about this, they may resent you. I was conceived to delay a divorce and that's just another reason I hate my parents.

4. Split Arrows

I can't see any good coming out of this kind of situation, especially if you think that it might bring you two closer. Kids put a hell of a strain on even the strongest relationships.

5. Femmeme

If you really want a kid and can just be co-parents then it's worth thinking about but trying to rekindle a straight relationship by having a kid? That is NOT a good idea.

6. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    This will not end well.

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nonononononononononononononononononono

8. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Go for it. But only if you're fine with the possibility of the relationship not working out. As long as you think you can raise the baby without her, I see no reason for you to deny yourself the chance to have a baby.

Both of you want to have kids - that's one of the signs that you'll be a good parent as it's an important quality for new parents to have. Therefore, the child will be brought up in a loving environment, regardless of what happens to your relationship with your ex-girlfriend.

Above all, this opportunity isn't something that arises everyday. I, like you, want children, but can't find the right person.

9. DrkRayne

10. Ohhai

I'm a gay woman. I have a child with my (male, obviously) ex.
    DON'T DO IT.
    Kids are great. BUt it's hard. There will be heartbreak. Being a single parent is hard. Honestly, if you want kids, do it the 'normal' way (as in adoption, surragacy, etc).
    This will not end well. For any of you. Especially the child.

11. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This, this exactly. If you're gay...I won't say it's impossible, but it's very unlikely you will be able to make the relationship work, and a baby will only make that harder, not easier. And in time, it's very possible you will grow to resent each other *and* the child.

If you want a kid together (which you CAN do without being romantically involved with one another) it should be because you both want a child, and are prepared to work together to offer it love and support, regardless of where the two of you are at in your relationship - not because you think it will fix the problems in your relationship or bring you closer, because that simply won't happen.

If you're gay, that ain't changin! And even though you may love each other, eventually you will have to ask yourselves if that's enough...or do you BOTH deserve mutual love and attraction on every level? Don't allow fear of being who you are or letting go to hold you OR your ex back from fully experiencing life.

#11 chercheur, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  12. andrew812

andrew812 Guest

I guess if I love her and I am able to have sex with her to have a baby am I really gay? Nothing is set in stone yet, and I will carefully plan before I make any move.

13. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Such a horrible idea, especially for the child's sake. :eusa_naug

14. CheesyGoose

As most people here have said: Don't do it.

It's great that you want a child, but don't have them with her if you're gay. It really will put a strain on your relationship and it will make things so much harder for the child. Think about the child and the other consequences on this one.

15. Ruthven

Well do you love her romantically and/or are into her sexually? You can be gay, but she could be like an exception.

16. jargon

That's absolutely possible. And if that's factoring into your decision at all, then I have to agree that this is not a good idea IMO.

17. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't do it. The situation's going to spiral downwards.

18. justjade

My gut's telling me it's a trap.

19. andrew812

andrew812 Guest

Wow, now that I think about I think I am being manic again, I really need to get back on my crazy meds again.lol As I look back I remember some of the reasons why I broke things off with her. I guess the whole gay, straight, bisexual thing doesn't matter anyways, because she is too flaky and undependable to have a baby anyways with.