1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Like How Your Partner Smells?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Data, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Daveed0318

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my goodness, yes! I absolutely love the mix of deodorant, fabric softener, and his own body's scent! :grin:

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I make sure not to leave my house smelling dirty, although I only occasionally wear perfume. I'm also single but I know people like the way I smell because on several occasions I've had girls that I knew and didn't know say I smelled good. Today was actually the first in a while that a girl asked me if I was perfume when I told her I wasn't she just told me that I must have a naturally good smelling aroma. By far the funniest compliment I have gotten.

3. nate16

I love a fresh showered scent, but something mild is just as hot, as long as it isn't overpowering. :slight_smile: that being said, I gotta admit that I really have a thing for faint colognes or sandalwood fragrances!

4. Pat

Pat

The smell you may be referring to smells good to me haha. I'm sure he doesn't mind it at all. After I hook up with a dude, I love to smell my hand if I had a hand full of nuts lol.

5. I prefer a natural partner, just clean, no perfume, part of it is due to my allergies and part is due to me just enjoying her smell. I have always just found it very attractive. It helps me remember her, it may have a partial bit to do with my type of synesthesia, when I can hear things I taste and smell them and the reverse also happens.

#25 GivePeaceAChanc, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
  6. ArtSaves

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Currently i don't have a girlfriend :icon_sad: hahaha but this girl that I dated, I don't know why I loved the way she smells. She smokes (I know, it's a horrible habit) so she smells like this incredibly good combination of tobacco and perfume. I don't know if someone else likes that smell or if I'm just weird :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well , the person who was my best friend and my love last years he used to put a perfume I don't remember what its name ( New delhi , London delhi :confused: ) , I love it very much and because I used to be near him my shirt get some of that smell I smell it at home Ohh it's like drugs xD , I feel like my soul came back to me .
    Once that smell was on my hand I didn't wash it but my mother yell at me wash ur hands and come for lunch , I think that was childish xD

8. AlamoCity

I had a husky and hairy friend, very masculine, who was in the Marines and he sat next to me in class 3x a week. He always took a shower before class but because he had a long walk he was a little bit sweaty with the running across campus. He used Irish Springs to shower and he smelled so manly with a mixture of his recent body odor and his freshly washed self. Let's just say that I dropped my pen every day in class so that I had a chance to get close to his body and smell him.

I don't like body odor but pheromones are a different subject. I read an article that heterosexual couples used pheromones to find the person with DNA different enough to produce a better immune system in a child conceived by both of them. (Also, apparently gay men, when presented anonymous scents of people of various sexes and orientations, prefer other gay men's scents) The Truth About Pheromones | Science & Nature | Smithsonian Magazine

9. Minamimoto_Fan

Absolutely, he always has a nice, clean scent, a mixture of his natural scent mixed with aloe Irish springs.

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like colognes or most fragrances, so I use unscented soaps and deodorants, and so does my mate. I like the way he smells, and he likes the way I smell. If it's hot out, and I take two showers in a day, to cool off, I just use water. I find that covering up the natural scents makes me less sexually excited, and also makes me anxious.

11. Colours

I used to do the pillow thing with my ex haha. It made me feel like such a creeper though. Glad I'm not the only one who does it.

12. Hexagon

I think I might prefer fresh.

However, I read a few months ago about some research that tested sweat for pheromones etc, and found that (sexual) sweat increases sexual attraction in your partner.

13. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never understood why people loved the smells of the person they were dating. My straight friend would wear her boyfriend's hoodie and constantly say "SMELL IT. IT SMELLS LIKE HIM AND IT SMELLS SO GOOD" and I'd just be like "Dude, smells like sweat."

Of course, the tables were turned when my crush gave me her jacket to wear when I was freezing one day. And I absolutely loved the smell of it. She doesn't smell particularly floral or anything like that, it's just... nice. I don't know how to explain it. So yes, I do enjoy the smell, as weird as that sounds. :lol:

14. seekingcalm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the way my girlfriend smells! she uses men's fragrances for body wash and deodorant which at first I thought would be kind of a turn off but the way they combine with her scent is just absolutely intoxicating to me. she's left some body wash at my house now since she stays over fairly often and I'll admit to having used it when I miss her really bad just so I can be surrounded by as close to her scent as I can get.

15. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I do, when he is gone sometimes I lay on his side of the bed so sniff it in

16. RoguesWolfe

I love it..its hard to describe what he smells like but its amazing.

17. Rivers

I am presently without an SO, but there was one girl I sort of had a thing with who always smelled far too saccharine, which I never liked.... People have described me as smelling like a dad. Apparently lots of dads use Dove soap and Listerine strips.

18. Bryar Thorne

Like? LIKE?

More like love.. it's truly indescribable how or why but it immediately makes me happy whenever I smell him.. it's amazing. :3