1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcoholismismism

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miss Loopy, Oct 31, 2013.

?

Legal age of drinking?

1. <16

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. 16

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. 17

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 18

42 vote(s)
    59.2%
  5. 19

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. 20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 21

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  8. >21

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. lukeluvznicki13

Well 18 is the legal age here in South Africa and I am sticking to that :slight_smile:

2. Hexagon

*drinks cider*

3. AmityRanch

I chose twenty-one just because that's what I'm used to, and to be honest, I'm fine with it.

4. All41

Ancient Greek children did just fine drinking it for breakfast. If you teach people at a younger age to limit their alchohol amounts you lessen the chances of alcoholism. Moonshine might should be restricted but not most alcohol.

5. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Most people I know started drinking around 14,15. Nobody here adheres to the legal age. I'm two months away from turning 18 and I feel like an experienced drinker. That being said, I'd keep it at 18, because with the legal age at 18, people will probably started 2 or 3 years before that. Lower the drinking age and the age people start will continue to lower, so it's fine how it is here.

6. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

The 21 drinking age nationwide in the U.S. is yet another dark legacy of the total clusterfuck that was the Reagan Administration. I really hope we can undo his federal blackmail scheme one day and restore the age to 18 in the states, but I'm not optimistic with special interest groups like MADD (fuck them, I hate them) hard at work fighting to keep it 21.

I voted less than 16. I studied abroad in Italy my junior year of college. There is no drinking age there. They don't alcoholism problems like we do in the U.S. The problems with alcohol we face here are cultural, and just raising legal ages won't do a damn thing to address that fact.

(Meanwhile that total piece of sub-human shit Mike Bloomberg just passed a new law raising the purchase age to buy tobacco to age 21, totally fucking ridiculous, I guess it's Nanny Bloomberg's final parting 'gift' to New York City after acting like a dictator lording over his subjects for the past decade. Fuck Bloomberg, I hope that gets repealed, but thank the gods that Bloomberg will be gone soon. And Christine Quinn was instrumental in getting that ban through the city council, lesbian or not I'm so glad she embarrassed herself in the 3rd place in the Dem mayoral primary, maybe De Blasio will restore some sanity to NYC)

7. Zyanya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Challenge 25 pisses me off. I might not look 25 but I sure as hell don't look 17 and the LEGAL age is fucking 18!!

Is what I have said to many people at tills. lol

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

The legal age to drink here, in Victoria, is 18. I've been sipping wine at the dinner table since I was a child, and I've been drinking fairly regularly since 15 (responsibly, mind you), so I really don't understand the restrictions and stigma around alcohol consumption.

I guess I would vote 16 as a decent age, but 18 doesn't upset me, either. I think 21 is absolutely ridiculous, and I pity Americans for their strict laws regarding alcohol (what a joke you can enlist in the military, smoke cigarettes, and gamble at eighteen, but not have a beer or glass of wine until twenty-one?).

Oh well, I'm just happy I finally get to visit the best college bar here in the city, in a little less than a month, and do shots without any legal trouble :grin:.