Yeaaah... kinda awkward.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by the lone wolf, Oct 30, 2013.

1. AlexTheBlogger

Gosh, the exactly same thing happened to me!
    My stepmother and my father, when talking about gender, always added to their conversation "unless you indentify yourself as a boy". Even with that, I wasn't ready to come out.
    I don't want to push you to do anything, but when you have supportive parents, the best thing ever is to come out. They help you a lot in this process!

Good luck in your decisions!

2. Silver Sparrow

Good luck! Sounds like you might want to make a joke out of coming out to them. Like a poster above said, if they say "if you like boys" you can reply "only the cute ones" or something like that.

3. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I did it, told my mother at least.
    It was at the cinema, I told her right before the movie started (did that because there was a good opportunity, and didn't want to risk waiting for possibly days for the next one).
    it was all pretty awkward for the rest of the movie (since we couldn't really talk about it during, on the way back home we did though).
    One of the best reactions I could wish for, she kinda had the "is that all?" attitude, because she knew something was up with me.
    We talked about it for an hour with her having full understanding, after that we hugged, and that's pretty much it.
    I'm really glad that it turned out this way and it's a huge relief for me that at least one person i'm close to now knows.
    Thank you all so very much for helping me make this decision, I couldn't be happier! (&&&)
    Aaron.

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really great to hear. I'm glad it turned out positively for you. :icon_bigg

5. sammy1

Aw! I'm so happy for u! I'm glad it went well (!)

6. blueberrymuffin

Hey, congrats! :icon_bigg

See you're right, one person knows, and no matter what happens from here on, you'll have her support always.

7. Lipstick Leuger

Parent usually have a feeling. Just like I knew that my youngest was not straight, and was not one bit suprised when she told me she's Bi. It may have been easier for her being raised in a Lesbian household, but my middle felt kinda weird for being straight in a household of all women.(I knew he was straight) I had to tell him that it was ok to be that way, too. Your parents want you to feel accepted and they don't know how to go about it, they want you to know that they are ok with it, but allowing you to come out at your own pace. Parents want their kids to trust them and know they love them, but they don't want to upset or step on the privacy of their teens, so they walk on eggshells waiting for them to lead the way. You are very lucky that your parents are good with it.

Next time they ask like you like boys, just say "yeah, I do".