For Boys by Boys or Men by Men

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FriendNoCatfish, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Zac

Zac

:lol:

2. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    compare the start of this thread with the female version lol

3. treeofleaves

I am here undercover. I am very inconspicuous. You know nothing of my existence. That is all.

4. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tbf I spyed on the female version. lol

5. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Dunno what you're complaining about. I'm not even gay/bi and I post on EC all the time :icon_bigg

6. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Really? All I see is a tree with leaves?

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oh. There's a way to get rid of the reflex. You squeeze your thumb in your fist. Handy for medication and much more useful applications. Suck it forth, my good men.

8. AKTodd

Re your issues with strength and punching. If this is an issue for you, you might look into taking up martial arts training. I did it for a few years in college, and with the right training even a very petite person can take down a pretty big and strong guy. There's an interesting point that you reach at about the halfway point in the training (mid-level belt, call it green belt in the Taekwondo style I studied). You find yourself looking at people and mentally running through the move combinations you could use to incapacitate/maim/cripple/kill them. It's kind of oddly fun actually. And does wonders for the self confidence.

You'd probably want to do some research to find an art and instructor that works best for you, but that's certainly doable.

Just a thought,

Todd

9. kem

kem

So what is guy stuff? Bulging muscles and raw manly strength? An oily chiseled Adonis lifting weights?
    I'm trying to add muscle and lose the tummy. Theoretically, I should be losing weight all the time because there's no way I'm consuming over my daily requirement. But it seems I've hit a plateau of sorts and I'm not really gaining muscle or burning fat.

10. Data

Data Guest

You can't do both. Get lean or build muscle. You need extra intake to bulk and a caloric deficit to lose weight. Doing both at the same time is useless.

11. FriendNoCatfish

Thank You Luthan!

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2013 at 07:00 PM ----------

Technically. I expected this thread to be about ANY guy thought...sexual or otherwise. Our own 'Playground' as I see it.

The gag reflex caught me off guard because I don't really want to lose it. I don't plan on taking it past the tonsils. Even getting near them worries me. lol.

12. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's allegedly possible if you have the right diet and workout. Besides, if a calorie surplus built muscle, I'd look like an Olympian god. :lol:

13. FriendNoCatfish

you can build if you're lean all ready though. it will make you look cut much faster than a guy who is big and has to break down the fats and get lean. my friend is really lean and looks huge in photos but he's not compared to me. i'd choose his pics over mine anyday but he'd choose my size over his. so we always want what someone else has it seems.

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2013 at 07:19 PM ----------

actually you're absolutely right. its what body builders do. they take in an insane amount of calories while still building up their muscles.

most of them get little liver and kidney problems. like kidney stones because of all the protein they try to take in to build muscle and size..the body just can't process it all.

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2013 at 07:22 PM ----------

Can I suggest the nicest good looking band? The Vamps. I love them. I love the lead singers voice. An actual band too. Not boy band. Though 1D is cute. I'm not a Belieber at all..i am a hater. Kind of like Austin Mahone though.

14. Data

Data Guest

What I'm saying is, you have to pick either losing weight or building muscle to be effective and really see results.

To lose weight, you calculate your minimum caloric need and take 500 calories off of it. That alone should start you off losing weight. Then you add in fat burning excercise to burn the fat that's stored as reserve fuel. Your minimum caloric need is what you need day to day simply to continue living. If you take 500 calories off that and do fat burn, it's impossible to stay the same weight. Your body has to get that energy somewhere.

Now, to build muscle you need the energy to actually workout and you need the protein to use as building blocks to make the new muscle fiber that is needed to repair the damage you cause by working out. If you try to bulk up on a -500 caloric deficiency you won't have the resources needed to actually construct that new muscle fiber. You're running on empty.

So usually like you guys are saying, you lose the weight and trim/tone first. Then you start weight training and change your diet to be building-oriented.

Slimming/toning is high reps with low weight and strength training us high weight with low reps.