1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love doing yoga but it's making me too skinny

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by sunnii, Oct 29, 2013.

1. sunnii

This is more of a slight rant with some hope you presenting any imput which would be much appriciated.

I am naturally skinny and in the past I did everything I could to be as skinny as possible but now I want to stay thin but not be a stick figure. I have done a bit more weight training but I still love doing cardio particularly running but my other passion is yoga particularly ashtanga yoga. Both activities make me lose weight dramatically even when I don't intend to. I try to work out as much as I can but I'm struggling to balance all 3.

With my battles with insecurity, I think being skinny made me feel good about myself. I've got a major inferiority complex with people but me being skinnier than people made me feel better about myself. I'm tall so I look even skinnier and I fear I look like a lollipop. In a mirror I think I look fine but when I see me on cctv at work for example I freak out at how I look. Same for photos (unless theyre selfies from the mirror lol)

2. Silver Sparrow

Can you deal with less intensifying your yoga practice? Focus more on meditation?

3. sunnii

Ashtanga is mostly physical without getting too "yoga-y" the physical benefits bring the emotional and spiritual benefits later on. It's like a moving meditation

4. Linguistic_Geek

Do you do hot yoga? If you do, do it without the heat? Maybe you are sweating away your weight?

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you wanna do the same amount of physical activity, you just need to eat more so you replace the calories you're burning + more. Try eating like 2700-3000 a day, or just a lot. I don't calorie count but you can kind of tell how much you've eaten just by how you feel.

6. GirlWhoWaited

Do you have the freedom to hold your poses longer? Also, it can help to vary your practice. I alternate between flow, ashtanga, and kundalini. Kundalini builds lots of strength, and doesn't resemble other forms much at all. It creates a bit more muscle mass. :slight_smile:

7. g4563

g4563 Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yoga takes time for you to loose more weight and gain muscles but you must take muscle drugs to gain more muscles.