Straight People "Acting Gay"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainyViolinist, Oct 28, 2013.

1. RainyViolinist

Hai guys, it's been awhile since I last posted here :slight_smile:. Homework and procrastination don't mix well at all XD. Anyways, I have this friend who I'm pretty sure is straight, but sometimes, just the way he acts makes me question sometimes. My other friends have joked (I think they're joking at least) that he acts even gayer than me, which I don't necessarily disagree with :lol:. Do any of you have flamboyant or stereotypical straight friends?

2. Northern

To me there is no way of acting gay, to me acting gay means you like men and you act like you like men.

However I do know of people who act flamboyant for fun, and sometimes it gets downright offensive since they make it seem like every gay person acts like that. I have some gay friends who purposefully act "straight" if that counts.

3. mvjp

both i have several straight friends who are so paranoid about seeming gay they cant even make a joke at the same time two of my male friends one straight one pan ( but in a long term hetero relationship) shared a bubble bath with candles and champagne today and my friends millie and danny fit gay stereo types so well they were both practically out by age 11

4. Mr Bubbles

I can't think of any straight friends who act flamboyantly gay, but in my area being gay is looked down upon so nobody who can help it is going to make themselves look gay on purpose.
    *sidenote* Northern, I love your orientation description, probably the most creative one I've seen yet. ;D

5. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why does everyone conflate "flamboyant" with "gay"?
    As a masculine guy, "FABULOUS" doesn't really describe me.
    Most of my friends are computer nerds, and they're all very distinctive people.
    None of us are really stereotypical.

6. GayNerd

I wouldn't say 'friends', but some kids at school act Gay because they usually make fun of them. They act accordingly to the stereotype of being Gay. Basically that's the reason why I'm not fully Out at school and they aren't 'friends', not even aquaintances. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Harve

I had plenty.

And then they all turned out to be actually gay.

8. Tic Code

Oh god yes. I'm friends with one guy who is one of the most flaming people ever xD but I have strong reason to believe he very much just likes women, so it just goes to show that flamboyancy does not necessarily indicate gayness.

Also, I'm definitely very straight seeming, nobody ever really suspects I'm gay. Of course I'm not "acting," it's just my personality.

9. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Well, I am... Not actually sure if he's just trying to be funny, or if he is, but is exaggerating it, but I think he's straight, anyway, but I don't know. :lol:

Anyway, he is exaggerating it SOO much. He talks high pitched, he runs with his hands in the air, usually I see him doing his hair up a bit, and so on and so forth. But now most of all the boys in our year are playing along with him.

10. BiPenguin

I stopped looking for the stereotypical gay traits long ago. I know feminine men who are married and have children. They adore their family. I've known gay men who behave masculine. You would be surprised to know they were only into men.

11. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Can I ask what's the difference between this and 'camp'?

In my ignorance, I see this topic and I wonder the difference between this and someone like Eddie Izzard.

Cheers :slight_smile: