1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just want a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by treeofleaves, Oct 27, 2013.

1. RollTide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi! I also need one!

2. sigillumdiaboli

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Aww Maddy! I feel that way too sometimes, that I will never be loved. But I went on a date with a girl the other day who I clicked with tremendously - So I'm hoping for positive progress in the weeks to come! :grin:

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your not alone I want a girlfriend too

4. Rainbow Girl

LOL this!

5. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    By the time I was a senior in HS, I had dated a lot of guys, but never felt right physically doing anything that is considered intimate contact. I enjoyed intimate contact with a few girls, but they weren't someone I'd want to spend the rest of my life personality wise, and I wanted to find a person like that. When I went off to college, in a big city in the North, the dating pool was much larger for same sex relationships, and the college even had a LGBT support group, for finding someone, and dealing with issues like coming out, dating, confusion about identity, etc. Despite all that, I still went through a couple more failed relationships before I found the love of my life, someone who fulfilled me emotionally and sexually. She was someone I would've married if I'd legally been able to.

The old saying "sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince" (or in my case, princess) doesn't refer to sex, it refers to dating in general, getting to know people, seeing if you have that connection with them, emotionally as well as desire for them. If you are proactive, you will find someone to have a relationship with, whether it's a guy or another girl.

The problem with that however, is you might want to stay in a relationship with someone and they don't, or they do and you don't, so someone is going to get hurt emotionally. The longer the relationship, the harder the hurt if it ends, unless it's bad for both parties. It's a good thing to be honest in a relationship, but that doesn't mean you'll get honesty in return with some people. Dating someone can even be dangerous if you don't take the right precautions. I once saw a guy slip something in a drink that was meant for his date. It turned out to be a date rape drug, and there were pictures on his cellphone of another girl he'd done this too.

There might even be times when you think it's better to be alone than to get all the crap that sometimes comes in a relationship, or when you're seeking one, or when one ends when you didn't want it to end. All I can tell you from my personal experience, is that in the end, it's worth it, to have that special person in your life, when you do find them.

6. apostrophied

I want one, too! *stomps foot on ground like angry toddler*

7. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know exactly how you feel, I always feel like no women will ever want me because of were I stand in my situation, I've been rejected a couple of times because of were I stand in my situation as of know, come to think of it every know and then I drop a tear because of it even though I'm young, I'm not getting any younger

#27 MrSmooth, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  8. Jordy

I really want one but there's only two other "out" girls at my school and they're together.. :bang:

9. Skyline

I haven't been in a real relationship and quite frankly I've given up hope. I don't think I'm suited to be with someone, even though sometimes I still struggle with the loneiness.

10. greendaisy

I really want a girlfriend and most unfortunately the best friend I have a crush on, and who I thought was gay for a bit has just started dating a guy.

11. toushirojaylee

I wan't a girlfriend too..for good. I want my 3rd to be my last. But a girl who will stay with me until the end is very hard to find and rare nowadays. :-(

Most of them tells me they will still end up with a guy someday, so what's the point?:'-(

---------- Post added 13th Nov 2013 at 12:18 AM ----------

I feel you..I miss my ex too and until now I'm stuck..(*hug*)

12. Zyanya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ha, that's a good quote. :lol:

13. toushirojaylee

Yeah :bang:

14. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Really looking forward to finding a girlfriend. :slight_smile: