1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Work crush" becoming much more

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by HopeFloats, Oct 25, 2013.

1. geode

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hope, I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you. I'm also glad to hear that they are in counseling and starting to realize (or admit) that their relationship had some serious issues. I reconnected recently with a friend who has a similar story. She had been in a long-term relationship when they went on a cruise for lesbians. She met someone on the trip and has been with her for several years. They are very happy together, and my friend is now able to look back on her previous relationship and realize how deeply flawed it was. I'm happy for her, because I had seen several times how poorly her previous girlfriend treated her.

Your posts have always conveyed the depth of connection the two of you have, and I wish you the best as you explore that.

2. HopeFloats

Hey y'all. Here's a positive story for the board. My girlfriend never returned to her ex after that night I posted about her leaving their house. We are very much together. Life is unbelievably good. She has become an amazing quasi step mom to my 3 year old daughter. We usually spend 6 nights a week together and have plans to get married when it's legal here (and if that takes too long, we'll go to another state). We want to buy a house within 18 months. Her mother, who always referred to her ex as her roommate, seems to have accepted me and my daughter as something more. We have gone to spend weekends with my family and her family out of state. My girlfriend and I like to say we stepped off a cliff together, because we had no idea what was going to happen, and we're so glad we did. So many people have remarked on our happiness. That makes me really happy! And the sex is better than I even dreamed of - despite how crazy attracted to her I was for so long.

I finally came out to my conservative dad and stepmom. My dad acknowledged that I *tried* to come out to him when I was 18/19 - when he told me "if that's true, you need to move far away and not come back". And now he says he accepts me as I am, and his relationship with me and my daughter is important. He said this in email and didn't answer when I followed up with a call. And he hasn't called back. So everything isn't perfect. But lots and lots of progress. Love wins!!!

My exhusband even met my girlfriend on July 4 and it went well!

3. Amyjxoxo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ That made me happy :slight_smile:

4. likethewind

likethewind Guest

Wow. Just read your whole story. I'm currently in the "waiting" stage with a guy — but we both decided it's best to not have contact until he's free. Your story gives me some hope.

I wish you all the best.

5. DancingGirl

Your story made me cry. I am very happy for you. So glad to hear some happiness in this sometimes murky world of coming out later in life. Hope I someday get the courage to leave my husband to fully become who I am and someday meet a gal that I feel is good enough for my daughters and me.
    Thanks for sharing.

6. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Hopefloats Thanks for the happy update! (*hug*)

7. Samantha2014

COLOR="DarkGreen"]Thank you so much for sharing your experience, It is great to hear of a happy ending.long may it continue(!)[/COLOR]

8. Really

I am truly buoyed by your story. Hope really does float!