I really don't want to be straight

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by emmalovesglitte, Oct 20, 2013.

1. emmalovesglitte

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So here's the thing: I can't figure out if I like girls or guys, and I really don't want to be stght. I've always found girls beautiful, and have had several crushes on girls, but I sometimes feel attracted to men. I've already tried to persuade myself I likes boys, but just thinking of having sex with one... It feels dirty. Does that mean I'm a lesbian?

2. CuriousBunny

How do you feel when thinking about having sex with a woman? Does that feel dirty too? And are you romantically attracted to both genders or just one?

3. planets

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So you like girls, maybe you like guys? I felt the same way, went with bi for a while. One of the things that helped was taking time off of dating in order to observe other people and really look at how I felt when I had a crush on someone. Was it more with one sex? Did it feel different. Just monitor your own internal responses.

4. poison53sumac

I have the same kind of thought--I'm not sure what I am, but I for some reason find myself not wanting to be straight. For a while I thought I'd rewired my brain into liking girls or was trying to create or imagine that I did, but I don't think that's true. I don't know either if I actually like guys, or anyone in the sexual sense. I say give it time, try stuff out. That's basically my plan.

5. Fiction

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just go with how you feel. I know putting a label on things makes it more comfortable in a way but it's not necessary and can be limiting. If a girl or guy comes along that you really like then go for it regardless of their gender. A few years ago I thought I was 100% into guys and the thought of kissing, let alone touching another girl really grossed me out. But, here I am in an amazing relationship with a girl and the touching part really isn't gross :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So yeah, be yourself. Go with the flow and do what makes you happy :slight_smile:

6. lovely lesbian

I agree with post both go with how u feel i thought I was bi for a tiny second but I wasn't at all! I knew i liked women and I'm fine with it. Xx