What is new but old.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by brittanyr1011, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Hi, my name's Brittany. I've been questioning my sexuality a lot lately. I recently moved out and started college so that's a very good start to finding yourself. Ever since I was little I noticed that there were certain girls that I admired. I would blush if I talked to them or really wanted to be their best friend. This happened to me a lot with random girls. Growing up the word "gay" scared me, a lot. I didn't want to be gay and just blew off those emotions. I then got into a relationship with a guy for 2 years. It's been about a year since we broke up and now my feels for girls has increased. Whether it's a celebrity crush or someone I just meant. My feelings for girls is growing. Last week I really got into listening to Tegan and Sara and watched some videos about them talking about being gay. And on October 11th I can out with it to myself. I must be gay whether I'm for it or not. The funny thing is that I didn't even realize that it was national coming out day and I came out to myself. I'm not too sure what the next step should be, but I know I'm not going to tell my family unless things get serious. I've never talked to anyone about being gay. I haven't even really had a gay friend. So I thought joining this site would make me feel a little closer to figuring out if this is who I'm suppose to be.
    :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC brittanyr1011!

What a strange coincidence about the date...must have been something in the air that day LOL!

It's good that you came to this realization about yourself, even if it is tentative, and it's good that you found us! We're here to help each other on this adventure of self-discovery and of discovering this amazing community here at EC.

It's never been a better time to hop aboard!

3. bscott92

Well, you've taken the first step. Admitting it to yourself is sometimes harder than telling other people. I would take some time to get comfortable with yourself (this is a good place to start) and then find an ally you can tell. I find that the more comfortable I am with myself that other people are more comfortable too. It's all a little scary at first, but it gets easier over time. And you'll find that you're much happier when you find some people who support you for who you are.

4. Hey thanks a lot guys! I feel so comfortable now. I'm not planning on telling anybody soon. I think I'm just gunna tomboy it up like I used to and try and find someone like me. I never realized how hard it is for someone to find another person who catorigoizes themselves as gay. But I also I really enjoy this new beginning:slight_smile:

5. lovely lesbian

Hello welcome xxx

6. Fiction

Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome :slight_smile: Being part of EC has really helped me discover my own sexuality and identity. It's amazing just reading other people's stories and seeing how so much relates to you! Congratulations on coming out to yourself, it took me a while- I was even dating a girl and believing I was completely straight haha!

7. haha! oh man talk about peer pressure..stupid gays. lol. just kidding!

8. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. You came to the right place and congrats on admitting it to yourself. No need to feel pressured take all the time you need; baby steps if you have to.