1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fiddledeedee, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I ran/jogged at the park, doing 3 miles. Now I'm just relaxing in my room, wishing I was getting a massage right now, because that would diminish this horrible back pain.

2. Siarad

It may have to be heater, blanket and hot water bottle...

3. WindSong

WindSong Guest

In place of a massage, ice packs (reusable gel-based ones are comfortable and practical) used for about 10 minutes after relatively intense workouts usually help with normal muscle soreness. However if the pains aren't normal, then seeing a doctor as soon as possible is a great option for addressing any issues right away.

p.s. I get pain in different muscle groups when I vary my exercise routine up a bit. But they usually go away within a few days. It's my body's way of reminding me that I'm trying something new, so it's usually a good pain in that regard. :slight_smile:

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about push-ups? They always help me when my back hurts.

5. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I appreciate the advice, but it's not from the workout. I sustained some back injuries, and occasionally the pain from that comes back.

I would go to the doctor, but I don't think this is something they can treat. The pain has probably happening because of the cold weather and since I suffer from SAD.

I don't have the strength to do push ups right now. I can't focus on doing them, not when the pain is this acute.

6. Nick07

(*hug*)

7. Sitri

I thought I nipped the self harm thing in the bud. Seeing as my arms are dotted with tiny bruises I guess I was wrong. It's a good thing my teeth are as dull as I am or I might have scars... not that it matters.

8. Hrantou

Every time things start to go well I just keep thinking "Geee I wonder how long it will be before shit hits the fan again?" :dry:

9. Bolin

At home for my lunch break until 3:42. Thinking of you is definitely helping my day along. :love: :kiss:

/caffeinated

10. Siarad

Don't feel guilty about it, it's just one of those things. Look towards finding other ways to manage feelings but if it's biting rather than other, more dangerous kinds of self-harm for now, fair enough. Make sure you look after yourself and seek proper help if you need it, though.

( )

11. justjade

I had my car towed earlier because the power steering went out, and my bill says "TOATL" instead of "TOTAL".

:eusa_eh:

12. Hexagon

I received my application for a new birth certificate back, unread. I qualify for a free service, you see, as I don't have enough money, but without making it clear on the website, they now require me to fill in a specific form saying that I don't have enough money, and since I didn't realise that, I just sent a bank statement (which incidentally is the bloody piece of evidence they want from me).

Let me make myself clear. I. HATE. THESE. ASSHOLES.

Oh, and when I got home, my mother had already opened this letter addressed to me, marked as highly confidential. I thought we had an understanding about these things, but obviously privacy isn't one of my rights.

13. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^ yay for bureaucracy!

14. Sitri

I fail at everything

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! My doctor signed the referral form for bariatric surgery. That was one of the major hurdles, next step is to have the initial consultation.

16. Hiems

Just did a group presentation for an audience of 250+ people. I didn't feel nervous while presenting. Normally my heart would be beating so fast during any presentation, but I surprisingly stayed calm. Practicing many times beforehand definitely helped me feel prepared.

I feel so good that it's all over :slight_smile: I can breathe finally haha.

17. English Frenchman

My acne is finally on the brink of being a terrible memory!!!! I don’t know what it is my Mum bought me in London. She went to some homeopathic store in High Holborn. In any case, it’s working miracles. Just two weeks ago, my face was still quite red and pimply. Now, it’s almost a thing of the past!!!
    After 5 long, hard, low confidence level, years. Finally, it’s about to go. No more, will I have to look myself in the mirror and see the small red imperfections. No more, will I be subject to 10 different facial washes. No more, will I constantly pick at my face, unconsciously unaware of the harm I’m doing.
    I’m soon to be free!

18. Khadian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A little bummed that I can't private message a couple people in the forum (need to be here a couple weeks and post 50 times before that). I recently found out that I have Asperger's, and I'm trying to find out from others what they have learned works in their relationships. Many of the relationship stuff out there for Asperger's doesn't take into account LGBT relationships. I'm thinking... I've been having all these unexplained social issues for a long time now... I now know what to call it... but where do I go from here?

19. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Next month. It's Next Month for Non-USA places.

---------- Post added 14th Nov 2013 at 10:12 PM ----------

Danced to 99 Luft Balloons on Just Dance 2014. It was so fun and crazy with 2 other people, that I actually couldn't breathe and had to make really stupid noises to do so. :laugh:

#3539 DannyBoi66, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  20. Belle

I need more hot chocolate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.