1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am madly in love with my straight best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by anonymous8803, Oct 14, 2013.

1. ABeautifulMind

Wow, ill be honest, reading the beginning I thought telling him you were in love with him, if he was straight, I figured it would push him away, atleast temporarily...

Have you been able to manage coming out yet?

2. cm1092

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey! I'd be very interested to know how things are going for you at this stage! I related to this thread from your original post, I've gone through a similar thing with my best friend but unfortunately wasn't able to manage it as well as you have! I've now lost that friendship probably beyond repair. I really admire the way you are able to be happy for him and how that has overcome all other things, it really does speak volumes! :slight_smile:

3. anonymous8803

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello everyone, I have not been on for a while....which I think it's a great thing really. I am usually only on here when I am really emotional unstable or need someone to talk to. But I thought I would share what has happened so far.....NOTHING. Everything is going great. My best friend and I are still go friend. We both been on summer break, and living almost 700 miles away from each others, I don't get to see him at all. We haven't really keep in contact much this summer at all, but the bond we have is still there. None of us really cares to impress each other or try so hard to keep each other in our lives....it just happens, so even though I haven't talked to him much, we are still close. I have started talking with him a little bit more recently since school is starting back up.

.......I actually found myself my first boyfriend. He's great. That's all I'll say, I don't want to go into too much details. We have only started dating for like a month. But looking back, I just realize how dumb I was for putting so much emphasis on a "love" that really wasnt there to start with. Being with my boyfriend now, gives me a whole new idea of "being with someone"....so for anyone who's in the dilemma I was in...aka being in love with a straight guy...It does get better!

4. Direct

that "friend" contract is an awesome idea. I wonder if it would work for me? as I explained in another thread, I am in love with my best friend too, his situation is a bit different because he was bullied a lit in high school for being "gay". As such he has so much shame around it he will possibly never come out, and yet be both love each other tremendously. he has a girlfriend and complains that he doesn't feel a connection with her, and yet admits to feeling connected to me. I may never get any further with him than snuggling, (which we do often) but a letter like that may make me feel like a commitment has been made in a small way.

brilliant idea.

5. randomfactor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gosh that was the most moving story ive read for a long time.

6. Dntor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Man this story is much like mine. I am madly in love with my best mate, we get on so well, talk alot about everything, but have never slept in same bed or anything like that. But talk tons everything about sex, positions, life, our dicks, masturbating etc etc but thats what boys do. We connect on every level possible, but he has had a GF for over 8 years now and is totally straight.

I think what you have done and got is awesome. Sadly for me he does not know I am gay, I would lose him if I did. I have tried to distance my self from him and get away from him as I am sick of thinking about him in ways i shouldn't and always missing him after we see each other or go on a few weeks holiday together for work which is coming up again this year.

So i have tried to cutting all ties, its working to a degree not thinking about him as much and obsessing over him as much, i think if did call or text him even (though he has tried a number of times in the last month or so i have just engorged them) I would be straight back to loving obsessing over him.

Yes its unfair on him but hes got his GF and other mates even though i am his best mate to he get over it. Its a lot more painful for me but ridding him from my life is the only way I can see that I will stop obsessing over him loving and missing him its annoying exhausting and really sad and i need to stop doing it having him in my life i can never see these feeling going any they only get stronger the more we hang out talk. He is model hot and my sexual attraction to him is so stronger something i have to rid but don't know how.
    Don't want to lose him as a mate but see it as my only option.

Good for you that things were sorted out and you moved on and happy for you getting a BF